The online racing simulator
Upgrading my PC,with LFS in mind.
Okay,I'm upgrading my PC. I dont have a big budget.I'm upgrading the CPU,GPU,RAM,and PSU. Current mobo (AsRock AM2XLI-eSATA2) stays.

So what would be better for LFS:

Option 1:
CPU AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+ BOX, socket AM2, Windsor, 2600MHz, 2MB c., HTT 1000MHz
RAM PC-6400,DDR2, PATRIOT, KIT, DDR2 800MHz, 2 x 1024MB
VGA PCI-E SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON X1950GT, 512MB DDR3, 2xDVI, Video Out
PSU: CoolerMaster 430W (Or a better one?)
Option 2:
CPU AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+ BOX,socket AM2, Brisbane, 1900MHz, 1024kb c., HTT 1000Mhz, 65nm
RAM: 2 x RAM PC-5300, 1024MB, DDR2, CRUCIAL Ballistix, DDR 667
VGA PCI-E POINT OF VIEW, GeForce 8800GTS, 320MB DDR3, 2 DVI-I, TV-Out
PSU: CoolerMaster 430W(Or a better one?)

So,what would be better to do?

Off yourse,If you guys have some ideas,they are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.
#1 would be worlds better for LFS.
#2 is overkill on the GPU, and skimping on the more improtant (in lfs terms) CPU. (^the 3600 is known to be a good OC'er, but if you're not planning on OC'ing, #1 is the FAR superior choice)

Someone else needs to give you advice on psu, but you would need a little more (500watt+) for option #2, not sure on #1
I agree with sprsprinter. I'm on a Core 2 Duo E6400 and 8800GTS - graphcis wise there is virtully no difference between über low resolution and quality and the best possiple quality, including having AA and AF turned up to full.

I had a 7900-something before, and the difference was still small.

I would recommend option #1 too - it will perform better in LFS, but you will also have a computer that wont get outdated anytime soon, except for the gfx board.

Regarding PSU - 430W should be OK, provided its a good quality PSU.

Beside my cpu and gfx board, I have few usb devices, soundboard, tv card, 2 optical drives and 6 hard drives. My computer is right now consuming 309W, but I don't think its ever went above 350w - however I'm not too sure about AMD CPU consumption though.
Here's a forgotten question: How much more performance will the GPU from option 1 will give me over my current one,an Ati 1600 XT?
A lot! you will be able to run max aa/af with no degredation to performance. and max res's.
Okay. Option 1 it is. But now,the issue is the power supply?

Candidates:
1 Corsair HX Series, CMPSU-520HXEU 520W, Modular
2 SEASONIC 500W, M12-500(SS-500HM), 12cm vent., ATX2 ver 2.2, modular
3 SILVERSTONE Zeus ST52F 520W

Which one would be the best choice? All three have similar price,and fit my budget.
Which one would be the most compatible with my motherboard? Or was this just a really stupid question?
All three are pretty good actually - I would personally pick the Seasonic, but only because I've heard allot more about this manufacturer than the two others.

Quote from Thunderhead :Which one would be the most compatible with my motherboard? Or was this just a really stupid question?

You should be fine with whatever you chose.
All three are well known brands and should be fine for your rig as long as they have a good amount of amps on the 12V rail(s).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG