The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you agree with the "forced cockpit view" option?

Yes, I agree.
No! It should be removed.
Quote from wien :Oh common. It's a funny picture. I LOL'd myself.

Ok it is funny, and he can surely laugh. (So did I actually )

But I had expect perhaps an explanation for why they implent this future so suddenly and so late in S2 ? If I could read a decent build up argumentation why I perhaps could call down and accept this new 'option'.
Quote from GianniC :an explanation for why they implent this future so suddenly and so late in S2 ? If I could read a decent build up argumentation why I perhaps could call down and accept this new 'option'.

The autocross competition.

And any other competition where being able to see the car from outside, or see where the front wheels are, would give an unfair advantage.
Quote from GianniC :Is this all our beloved God has to say ?
LOL, point and laugh at those who use another view ?

Wow, lighten up. It was a very funny picture. Plus remember it was Scawen who let people use other views in the first place!
I agree with the fcv option, as long as it will be upgraded, so you can adjust the pov (or call it seat). I think it's great for a lot of leagues, to level the field. And all those, who wont change for any of the leagues: You either miss the prizes of the leagues or at least the league-racing action. That's your problem, because I think those leagues who use this option couldnt care less if some wont drive in it or will.
Oh, and besides that: Ask Rudi, the former keyboard and chasecam driver, what he thinks about wheel and cockpit
Quote from Blackout :So was Tristan. Better check your sarcasm detector, it might be toast. :P

I think your sarcasm detector needs a service

Quote from zeugnimod :I thought he meant people who had virtual drivers without helmet because they used this player hacker.

Yeah, that's what I meant, and I thought you did too

Quote from Blackout :Well, you never know about Tristan.

The second option is of course that my sarcasm-o-detector is overreacting. :P

I have tried LFS (and nK namie) with a real helmet on. Not to be recommended - without real airflow it becomes quite stuffy, and steams up quite quickly
Quote from Vykos69 :

Well ok, lol you killed the topic, but I think that was a good thing, we`re not coming anyway with this discussion. (now please no one use FCV on their server PLEASE) :P
Quote from tristancliffe :I have tried LFS (and nK namie) with a real helmet on. Not to be recommended - without real airflow it becomes quite stuffy, and steams up quite quickly

i once tried lfs wearing leather gloves!!

although i did feel quite perverted.
Quote from tristancliffe :
I have tried LFS (and nK namie) with a real helmet on. Not to be recommended - without real airflow it becomes quite stuffy, and steams up quite quickly

Ha-ha! I knew it!

Anyway. Funny pictures.
Until I have my own personal holodeck I would like a custom view. I don't have the biggest screen so the cockpit view just blocks out area so I am able to view less of the actual track.

Imagine having to drive your car while looking out of a 10"x8" cardboard rectangle, do you call that realistic? So until the screens are able to replicate the view you have in real life by being huge and filling up your whole vision we need options in the sim to make it MORE realistic by not forcing it to have to view the whole cockpit on screen while driving.
Quote from Captain Slow :i once tried lfs wearing leather gloves!!

although i did feel quite perverted.

Now you got me interested
I cant see what why we need it.

If an admin says - No racing here without inview, i would do so, or split
If that`s a rule, I will follow it - It`s as simple as that

I also drive my car, with 2 wheels on the curbes, and dont cross the white lines, in serious races Its a rule !

So.

If the rule of the cup is = Inside view, I would do it Or most likely, not participate

What`s the catch ?
It's not possible to regulate it, because you can't tell what view someone is using.

Imagine if you said "OK this competition you have to put 50kgs ballast in your car", but didn't actually check - do you think everybody would add all the ballast?
Quote from deggis :Now you got me interested

I know a guy, who drives with sparco gloves.

And I know that a couple of the Danes, drives in the nude - Fully covered with vaseline, in leather seats !

Now that`s kinky
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's not possible to regulate it, because you can't tell what view someone is using.

Imagine if you said "OK this competition you have to put 50kgs ballast in your car", but didn't actually check - do you think everybody would add all the ballast?

I would sure do it, and we had a series, before the weigth ballast was introduced. We regulated the gas percentage

I`m no cheater and I follow the rules present
Quote from deggis :Now you got me interested

i got very attached to my leather gloves all throughout my secondary school life. i think some people found them a bit weird. walking around with them on.

Quote from alland44 :I know a guy, who drives with sparco gloves.

And I know that a couple of the Danes, drives in the nude - Fully covered with vaseline, in leather seats !

Now that`s kinky

could be a plan! ! ! ! ! !
Quote from GianniC :Ok it is funny, and he can surely laugh. (So did I actually )

But I had expect perhaps an explanation for why they implent this future so suddenly and so late in S2 ? If I could read a decent build up argumentation why I perhaps could call down and accept this new 'option'.

It was needed to make the AX compo fair.

And I'm ROFL, Huru
Sure, if it's an option for hosts to either force a cockpit view or not then I see no problem at all. There will be plenty of hosts with either setting (forced or not forced) for all players to find a good place to race with the settings they enjoy most while still offering those who find a forced cockpit view important a place where they can play like that.
#93 - Lato
ive got some more "great OPTIONS" ideas:

-force using 900 degrees wheel
-force using clutch pedal
-force using H shifter
-force using 3 monitors
-force using FORCE DYNAMICS
-force using BRAIN for all servers !!

that would be really coool

I use custom view to see the car hood, for me its more natural then see the whole interior. When i drive in real life i dont focus on car interior. I just observe whats happening on the street (track). So please dont force me to see 2 steering wheel, or to disable it and see my wheel on desk and an ampty car interior.

remove it or add options to customize the interior view.

spankmeyer: ist a simulator right? force players to buy that stuff, what the hell.
#2 - lol i agree about the force dynamics

but on the monitor, the dash board takes too much space (and its a strange feeleing seeing the small dashboard so far away), while in real life ive got the whole big windshield just before me.
Quote from Lato :ive got some more "great OPTIONS" ideas:

-force using 900 degrees wheel
-force using clutch pedal
-force using H shifter
-force using 3 monitors
-force using FORCE DYNAMICS
-force using BRAIN for all servers !!

The last one would be good. Fortunately we already have admins regulating the servers.

The other options you suggest are not feasible because they require the end user to purchase additional hardware to play LFS. Since you're complaining about the forced cockpit option, you already have all the hardware required to play thus your comedic suggestion flies out of the window.

P.S. Again... it's up the to the server owners to choose whether to tick or untick the new option. And if you forgot, they are the ones who donate their time and money to give you and me the chance to drive on their expense. They do as they see fit. If you don't like it, open up your wallet.

EDIT: You guys do realize that you see the interior in a real car as well? Why not try the cockpit view and train yourself to ignore the unimportant visual info like you do in real life.

Reply to Lato: If Force Dynamics platform would be required to play the game, it would kinda narrow the customer base just a bit, don't you agree?
In car view is nice when you have multiple monitors. Without extra buttons you can't see what is happening next to your car. That is not verry realistic, that you have to push a button on your dashboard to use your mirror or see wat is happening on your left or right side. I would be more pleased with a rearview mirror in chase view. Now i have to use the minimap to see what is happening behind me.
Quote from alland44 :

Now that`s kinky

Too. Much. Information.

Forced within cockpit would be better than force cockpit. Other than removing telepit and software things, no hardware forcing should be done.
Quote from marzman :In car view is nice when you have multiple monitors. Without extra buttons you can't see what is happening next to your car. That is not verry realistic, that you have to push a button on your dashboard to use your mirror or see wat is happening on your left or right side. I would be more pleased with a rearview mirror in chase view. Now i have to use the minimap to see what is happening behind me.

Realistic this, realistic that, get a grip man. Pressing a button to look on your side is still more realistic than hovering behind your car or lying on the front axle of your plexi glass car.

You have two ears, steerlook option works great and which wheel doesn't have two buttons?
#98 - Juls
Quote from spankmeyer :You guys do realize that you see the interior in a real car as well?

You see it, but in the lateral field of view...lateral field of view a screen can not even render, unless you have a very nice, surrounding display or at least a very large display. In sims cockpit view, you see way less track than IRL.

The main problem is that IRL I can see the interior like in cockpit view, I can see a lot of track like in bonnet view, I can see things on the sides and feel car movements like a roof view pointing down...at the same time.

Edit:

*cockpit view is realistic because it gives the view that should be used on a large surrounding display. Unfortunately, on displays most of us have, it is not so effective as it kills sense of speed. Car interior stretches horribly when FOV is increased.

*bonnet view is realistic because it shows better the part of FOV you focus on IRL(front), and gives a better sense of speed at moderate FOV.

* roof view (not too far) is realistic because it shows front FOV, a lot of track (sense of speed) and a bit what you see on sides IRL when it is inclinate (10-12 degrees).

None of these three views give an unfair advantage, as you can't see the wheels, you are not behind driver eyes position...
Nah, I don't like it.
Why forcing a view that's unrealistic ? I'm not looking at my stereo while racing.
Wheel view was the closest to real life racing IMO; and no I'm not constantly looking at the wheels to take a perfect turn.
Quote from Captain Slow :i got very attached to my leather gloves all throughout my secondary school life. i think some people found them a bit weird. walking around with them on.

could be a plan! ! ! ! ! !

Remember then, .JPG or it didn't happen!
This thread is closed

Do you agree with the "forced cockpit view" option
(314 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG