The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
Help In Reducing Tyre Wear Please
I'm taking part in DSR's Sweet 16 league and one of this week's races is GTR @ AS7R, 25 laps, no compulsory pit stop. I want to do the race in the FZR using R2 tyres and not make a pitstop. I've done a couple of practice long runs (one online and one in single player) and I've discovered tyre wear could be quite a problem (in the online run I punctured my left front tyre on lap 24 and the right front was looking to go the same way before I stopped in the pits). In the offline run I made it with no punctures but I think the fronts are right on the edge of going in the last couple of laps. I'm trying to do the normal things to minimise tyre wear like controlling wheelspin, brake locking and slides. I've included the setup, replay of the offline run and screenshots of the tyre display at various stages of the run with this post and I'd really appreciate it if some GTR/endurance veterans could take a look and provide some advice on how I can minimise tyre wear to try and ensure I make it through 25 laps with some meat left on the tyres. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

P.S. I'm not a regular GTR driver so I made a few mistakes in the run, but I don't think they would have had a major impact on tyre wear.
Attached images
lap5.JPG
lap10.JPG
lap15.JPG
lap20.JPG
lap25.JPG
Attached files
amp88_AS7R_FZR_FINISHED.spr - 1.4 MB - 85 views
FZ50 GTR_as7 rev.set - 132 B - 669 views
Maybe you should just degrease the braking force, put the balance a bit to the rear. Maybe make the nose a little higher so there's more pressure on the rear tyres and less on the fronts..

Haven't seen the replay or your set, but that's the first I think of.

But in the screenshots your tires look very good. Make sure you don't steer too much. I see that happening a lot with online racers. Especially on sharp turns they steer too much, which isn't necessary, the tyres just skid around the corner this way.
Turning the wheel less is usually the key, but in race trim if you get in a battle with another car tyre conservation goes out of the window. It's best not to push the envelope so close.

Brake balance will help, if you do want to cut it fine and you do damage your tyres battling with another car use the live brake balance to shift some weight to the rear as you are driving to let your tyres recover, just be careful not to do a ballet move under heavy braking.
you can also try reducing camber on the wheels.. it looks like the inside of the tyres is taking much more stress than the outside. It may slow you down tho
You could make a pitstop too...
Oh my god marcel That just costs to many time and he will lose places because of that.
Your setup looks pretty reasonable as of now but I think you could probably shave a bit more camber from the front and lose more downforce. If you're going to use more camber you'll need to lose more downforce, you have quite alot there atleast to what I'm used too.

Check your PM.
#8 - amp88
Thanks for the advice and especially to Rooble, much appreciated
grip & tires ware
ok dudes I do make sets that go a long way!

My server is Pro Racing Room, we have 2 servers, one for the new driver, and the other one is for are enduro's.

we hold these every saterday go here to see what race you want to join us. There are months of races we have picked out for are team and others Drivers are very welcome to join in these races Pro Racing Room

Anyways i use clutch pack for long distance racing.
I am on line as much as possible and we do have team speak join us there we will help. call for ninja469 hes there @ all times
http://setupfield.teaminferno. ... ar_id=44&p_version=S2

Try that setup, I found it amazingly good when I drove the FZR, it will most probarly get hotter than the one you are driving just now (By the looks of the pictures, you either have to much psi or are taking it easy)

The thing about endu (In LFS atleast) Is that at the end of the stint the tyres are thinner and cool down alot better, so your setup can be hot at the start and optimal at the end. You may think that hot at the start will give you more problems in terms tyre wear but the tyres slide alot more when they are cold and lose alot of tread, so getting this at the end of a stint when they are cold is alot worse.

This setup is for a much faster track so put your downforce settings on it and give it a whirl, (Keep the pattern of the set tho, say yours is 10/10 and Norbi set is 2/4, make sure you set it to 10/12 or 8/12, so that the downforce balance isn't lost.)

The wheel spinning doesn't look to be much of a problem as your rears look pretty healthy but tyre locking is, but if your tyres can keep more heat it should be less of a problem, but if you still lock up set the bias more to the rear and reeduce the force if needed.

Something that can help the front tyre wear is also the balance, if you find that your rears are allways left with a reasonably healthy amount of tread, try making the setup more loose on the rear, this will help the fronts on cornering and wont put as much pressure on them meaning less tyre wear. Will just mean you have to cope with some more oversteer but it's way faster than understeering anyway.

Hope it helps, feeel free to send a pm if you need me to rephrase something you don't understand (As i'm not the best at explaining things )
I've tried running the lower downforce sets but I'm not confident enough yet to exploit them as much as the original higher downforce set I was using. Hopefully with more practice I'll be able to lower the downforce levels and pick up some more time on the straights. I have, however, taken some of the tyre, gearing and suspension settings from the various sets you guys have been kind enough to provide, and I think I'm getting a lot closer to a quicker set that'll be more consistent over the long run. Thanks for the sets and tips, it's good to see the community being so helpful
#12 - robt
Amp. going by that last picture you have about another 5 laps left i think. theres still a layer to go. And just try and make sure you arent scrubbing the wheels when you turn, really ruins tyres.
Well i just tried your set on the track, and my front left tire blew on lap 12

I must be a really bad driver

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG