The online racing simulator
MRT Jumping Gears In Downshift
(14 posts, started )
#1 - MR_B
Hey chaps, I did search for this but didn't find anything ("MRT downshift")

I'd like to report a problem with the MRT.

When i'm on automatic gears (always am), and I manually downshift when in a braking zone (always do), the MRT will jump from gear 5/6 straight into 1st, locking the wheels and swapping ends.
It doesn't happen in 4,3, or 2. Only in 5th or 6th (generally 6th).

I only press the button once, and it happens on various circuits.

I've also used various setups so it's not a one setup only problem.

I'm completely thrown by how this is possible, and/or how to rectify it.

Please enlighten me,

regards,

R4R Kringle/ MR_B
#2 - garph
That's probably becasue you're on auto gears but you manual downshift. I bet things get confused because you're changing gears at a different time to when LFS changes gears.
#3 - MR_B
Then surely it would just change down 2 gears as expected? Instead, it's shifting down four/five gears and banging it into first.
Can I get some official info as to what's going on in the game? And/or if this blip has been at least noted?

Chee-ars
When I was using manual clutch with the MRT, I would sometimes try to bang off downshifts faster than I could move the clutch. As a result, if I downshifted twice before hitting the clutch, the car would go into first gear, regardless of what gear I had been in before.

This may be related but I'm not sure.
Autoshifting doesn't change gears when you're slowing down until you hit the gas pedal again.

I've never had the problem you're having, so it's most likely being caused by having autoshifting on. No idea why you have it on when you are shifting anyways.
does this only happen in the MRT?
i mean ur thread seems to say that but did u try to reproduce that with other cars?
In Live For Speed, go to Options>MISC> and set your Gearshift debounce to 180 ms.
Hi All...

I have the same issue, where downshifting from 6th the MRT goes straight to 1st and spins out with no way to control or saving it...

I have also attached a replay of this... start of Lap 6 - [CD] Bu||itX

Have raced this track with most of the other cars (GTR's mostly) and don't get that problem at all, so i'm also at a loss at what it could be...

Later...
Attached files
MRT BUG.mpr - 899 KB - 278 views
#9 - MR_B
Yep, that's accurate of what happens ^
You're downshifting too fast.
Quote from MyBoss :You're downshifting too fast.

No disrespect, but i think it's really impossible to downshift through 5 gears in 0.001 of a second, and if you hold down your down shifter it only goes down one gear... And also why does it not happen to the other cars at the same place or gears??
Is it possibly something to do with LFS getting confused with the bike 'box (shift down for first)?
I think you hit the nail on the head, ajp71. As with all the other cars, downshifting without the clutch (and not rev matching) results in "-" being shown as the current gear. However, unlike the other cars, I suspect that LFS treats this as equivalent to "N" on the MRT. As a result, downshifting a second time puts it in "1".
Quote from Forbin :As a result, downshifting a second time puts it in "1".

I just went into LFS, and tested this out. It is exactly what happens. If you drive down a straight-away in 4th, 5th, or 6th gears, downshift twice, and then blip the throttle, then it goes to 1st gear.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG