The online racing simulator
#1 - yaper
Separate garage background from "going into car" screen
#2 - Lible
I can't understand what are you trying to say?

The garage picture and 3D Garage on the track are 2 completely different thing, the garage on that picture is a edited background not included in LFS.
ehm... I have no Idea what that meant ....cookies anyone?
#4 - FL!P
I think he means that while your car is moved to the starting grid (which can take a few seconds with large grids) you're shown the garage background that was shown in the garage screen, but with no car in it, and he'd like to use a different background image for that temporary screen.

Personally I don't mind seeing the empty garage image, at that point.
#5 - Lible
Ehm, if the background is a garage, it looks like a typical loading screen.
IIRC in original game (this is modified background) it has a light green background...
why not use that?
#7 - Swat
or maybe he means that if he picks a different track that little bit sand or w/e on the right of the image, would change? so it looks like he is actually in the pit garage at said track?
#8 - yaper
Quote from Lible :Ehm, if the background is a garage, it looks like a typical loading screen.

Yes, but not when restarting a race.

Quote from squidhead :IIRC in original game (this is modified background) it has a light green background...
why not use that?

Because a car "in the garage" looks better than on the light blue-green background.
You can't really consider this an "improvement suggestion" mainly because you are referring to a request on a modified texture. This has nothing to do with the devs, but I will say it would be nice to see a 3d garage in LFS at some point in time.
He wants the garage image for the garage screen, and the light blue/green plain screen at the other times. You can't do that now because LFS has only one screen for both purposes.
I'm simply suggesting not to use the pic/gkg_garage.jpg as a background screen during loading/initializing screen (e.g. during exiting from the garage, restarting race, etc.)
In the other words to create a propper garage screen. And of course 3D garage will be final destination.
Yeah, I wondered why we need another screen just before you go into the game, imo it would probably be better if it weren't there, but perhaps it's there for a reason.

The only thing I'd really like to see fairly soon is the menu backgrounds going over to 32 bit, the same way the skies did. That'll make that blue background much nicer looking, and of course the other screens as well.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG