The online racing simulator
Quote from Blackout :True here in the western world, but on some countries terrorist bombings happen daily and do kill lots of innocent people. It's just when it's attempted in a "civilized" (hardly :P) country it gets more attention even nobody is hurt.

most if not all of which are caused by counterterrorism though
for the most part these are largely a case of (civil) war fought with terroristic methods rather than terrorism in the western sense of the word

Quote :But as said, those terrorist wannabees were a bit too amateurish, almost too much. I mean, how hard can it be?

i smell a very non pc top gear episode comming up
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Yep mate no problem I clearly understand have the terrorists been identified ?

So far the 5 they have detained are Muslims.
Quote from Shotglass :most if not all of which are caused by counterterrorism though
for the most part these are largely a case of (civil) war fought with terroristic methods rather than terrorism in the western sense of the word

True. It could be called liberation war or something in most cases, it depends how is the term defined. But these attacks don't seem have a point really, they aren't fighting for anything. Well, they have something against Brits of course, but like it would matter what they do.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :So far the 5 they have detained are Muslims.

....Were you expecting 5 lads from County Cork?
Quote from jayhawk :....Were you expecting 5 lads from County Cork?

They aren't home grown which the last bunch were, is what they have been getting at.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :They aren't home grown which the last bunch were, is what they have been getting at.

Oh. Pardon me.
#32 - DeKo
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :The IRA gave warnings to minimise civilian deaths, the break away factions just blew up anyone and anything without warning.

Oh how generous they were, turns out they arent complete total scum after all . [/sarcasm]

fairly shite attempt at a terrorist attack. Typical glaswegians though, if it had happened anywhere else in the world bystanders would run a mile, but not here, they go up and leather the guy before the police can get close.
I'm surprised someone didn't nut him!
#34 - FRED
or attacked by neds.
Just goes to show how bad this countrys getting
The guy was on fire, everyone else ran for their lives.
Don't know if you saw the news but there was this eyewitness called John Smerttin (not to sure on his last name, so don't quote me)

He was pure class in describing what happen, in vivid Glaswegian accent. He also claims that he helped to take down one of the terrorists.
Yeah, I saw it on the news, the cops were struggling with the douche bags so that chap tackled him to the ground.
#38 - DeKo
anybody who got interviewed always tried to make it sound a little better, calling the guy "this asian fellow/gentleman" instead of "that asian c**t" which is what everybody else in central scotland is calling him.

edit: please don't try to avoid word filters - Bob
That's because they'd be racist, you can only hate someone if they have the same colour skin as you.
Quote from DeKo :which is what everybody else in central scotland is calling him.

Sorry, but I totally disagree with you on this one and I don't think racism is something we should be joking about.
#42 - FRED
I lived in england most of my life, and while the IRA was bad, Al Qaeda is just on a whole new level.
Oh no - Islamic terrorists attack Britain. And horror of horrors - it's locals ( plus, of course the necessary Iranian. - thank god for patsies.....)

What can we do to save ourselves ???

Now didn't Tony have a pile of legislation like the 90 day detention without trial law that he couldn't get passed before he left ?

Lets pass that, and get more cameras, lots more cameras...........

And armed police and army patrolling the streets, that makes us feel safe.

And identity cards, we all need those to keep us safe from terrorists.

I really wish you guys would read 1984.

Still, you can lead a horse to water...........
#45 - DeKo
Quote from amp88 :Sorry, but I totally disagree with you on this one and I don't think racism is something we should be joking about.

Im sorry but i dont see how its racism. Its simple describing the guy, if he was american he would be "the american ****". Apparently, mentioning the word black or asian instantly makes you a racist.
Quote from DeKo :Im sorry but i dont see how its racism. Its simple describing the guy, if he was american he would be "the american ****". Apparently, mentioning the word black or asian instantly makes you a racist.

Like I said already, you can only hate someone if they are the same colour as you.
Seems as though this thing's becoming a racial issue. Saw last night they're stopping everyone before the airport who isn't white skinned. What's up with that?

Quote :Like I said already, you can only hate someone if they are the same colour as you.

That's what I'd might call reverse racism, but whatever. I'm sure you're just being sarcastic?

Ooh, icky horrible subject. I'm going now.
Quote :Im sorry but i dont see how its racism. Its simple describing the guy, if he was american he would be "the american ****". Apparently, mentioning the word black or asian instantly makes you a racist.

That's because black and asian is a type of race, American is a nationality.

My view on the whole thing is if that's the worst the terrorists can throw at us then I'm not particularly worried.
#49 - wien
Quote from Dygear :I lived in england most of my life, and while the IRA was bad, Al Qaeda is just on a whole new level.

You're basing that on the failed bombings in London and the crisp of a terrorist in Glasgow? Bad as in talentless then?
In the perfect equal world you can hate anybody (you don't have to, as it's just plain silly being jealous for you neighbor for his new car he bough on his own earned money, in short, it doesn't make any sense) you like. I think the most racist thing is to acknowledge that people are somehow different. I know, it never will be perfect as it's easy and effective defense mechanism to call someone a racists because they don't like someone. But the person who actually notices some difference on different looking people and blames the other racists is the mother of all racists, because in his closed small human mind he thinks it's about appearance not the person.

If that makes sense, great! :P

Anyway, on the subject. There seems to be a ton of doctors involved. Now they've arrested some Indian doctor in Australia. So, don't trust your dentist because he or she might be planting a mind control devises or bombs in your mouth!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG