The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
Suspected terrorist attack on Glasgow airport
I'm surprised there hasn't already been a topic about this. At just after 3:00 pm today a Cherokee Jeep was driven into the terminal building by two men. The Jeep contained gas canisters and at least one of the men was wearing a belt packed with explosives, intended to be used as a suicide bomb. No-one was killed in the attack but the car and parts of the terminal building remained on fire for some time after the attack.

The UK terror threat level has now been raised to 'critical' because of this attack and other planned attacks in London.

BBC News Article.
It isn't a suspected terrorist attack, its an attempted terrorist attack.
Haha... Just like 9/11. Only replace thousands of innocent people with one slightly burned terrorist.

He's going to be having a good, hard think about what he did tonight.
The terrorists just aren't putting the effort into it anymore. One day there will be a terrorist who isn't a moron, then we'll really be in trouble.
#5 - Slopi
Quote :One day there will be a terrorist who isn't a moron, then we'll really be in trouble.

Don't speak the truth! People don't want to hear it!!!111eleven
Yeah, i mean..If you want to set an airport on fire, wouldn't you start the fire when your IN the airport? Not set yourself on fire driving towards it?

Well, it does begin to worry me about the terrorist situation, my uncle works right in the center of london. Don't want him being flaming car'd!
I have to say that I am a bit disturbed by what happened in Glasgow... Technically it's a terrorist act, sure, but if you look at the terrorists you only see two hotheaded morons with no grasp on reality. This isn't the carefully planned style of Al Qaeda, and this could also be a hint of bigger trouble looming ahead.
NOW is the time to see if Uncle Gordon has got bigger 'cojones' than Uncle Tony.
The buggers want to fry...well, let them! Put them in an open field, throw a gallon of unleaded all over them, and light the blue touchpaper!!!
I think the terrorist already tried that one himself lol,
Yesterday was the first time I had to phone I mate who was flying out of Glasgow on Holiday and been completely worried about him and his fiancé. Thankfully they were in the bar (surprise surprise ) when the guy tried to ram in and are OK.

It's just lucky I suppose that the only one's hurt are the idiots in the Cherokee.
I missed the news today, news to me. Seems like over the last few days Britain is under attack. First the bombs in London and now this in Glasgow.

Goes to show that it is a well funded terrorist network going on around here if they can afford to blow up cars like Cherokee's. Could have been stole i guess.

Glad nothing worse happened.
Quote from Madman_CZ :Goes to show that it is a well funded terrorist network going on around here if they can afford to blow up cars like Cherokee's. Could have been stole i guess.

On a more positive note... one less Cherokee on the road.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from Bladerunner :NOW is the time to see if Uncle Gordon has got bigger 'cojones' than Uncle Tony.

Call me a crazy guy, but i'm wondering if this is a put up job - 3 days after he comes into office we get "Tough Man Gordon" leading the country.

Would be a great publicity stunt
Quote from Bob Smith :On a more positive note... one less Cherokee on the road.

And one less crazy suicidal man on the road.

It could be worse guys...

Fooby the Kamakazi Watermellon could be a terrorist. We'd be screwed then!
Quote from GruntOfAction :And one less crazy suicidal man on the road.

It could be worse guys...

Fooby the Kamakazi Watermellon could be a terrorist. We'd be screwed then!

Why do I get the feeling that that video on youtube is you. Mozart but some techno dj at the same time
Quote from DarkTimes :One day there will be a terrorist who isn't a moron, then we'll really be in trouble.

oh please ... then a few will be in trouble and not "we"
in dont have exact numbers but theres far more people dying from other preventable causes than terrorism
Quote from Shotglass :
in dont have exact numbers but theres far more people dying from other preventable causes than terrorism

True here in the western world, but on some countries terrorist bombings happen daily and do kill lots of innocent people. It's just when it's attempted in a "civilized" (hardly :P) country it gets more attention even nobody is hurt.

But as said, those terrorist wannabees were a bit too amateurish, almost too much. I mean, how hard can it be?
Quote from Madman_CZ :I missed the news today, news to me. Seems like over the last few days Britain is under attack. First the bombs in London and now this in Glasgow.

Goes to show that it is a well funded terrorist network going on around here if they can afford to blow up cars like Cherokee's. Could have been stole i guess.

Glad nothing worse happened.

They are stolen, as were the two Mercs in London, and I'm not sure (I lost track of the news) but I think they also found one in Liverpool.
I think there preparing for a big attack with these small car bombs etc there just showing there presence.They really are sick people killing innocent people
Yeah, but we have 5 of them, so I think they should be tortured like Guy Folks was (read up on it and you'll never look at Big Ben the same way again) to get information out of them.
#21 - Jakg
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :I think there preparing for a big attack with these small car bombs etc there just showing there presence.They really are sick people killing innocent people

IRA did the same for 30 years and no-one outside the UK cared
Quote from Jakg :IRA did the same for 30 years and no-one outside the UK cared

The IRA gave warnings to minimise civilian deaths, the break away factions just blew up anyone and anything without warning. The only reason the rest of the world cares about the new douche bags is because they attacked America.
Quote from Jakg :IRA did the same for 30 years and no-one outside the UK cared

I was waiting someone to bring up the I.R.A let's not bring up the past because it will only cause a row.
#24 - Jakg
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :I was waiting someone to bring up the I.R.A let's not bring up the past because it will only cause a row.

I really don't mean to direct that at you because your Irish, i'm just saying
Quote from Jakg :I really don't mean to direct that at you because your Irish, i'm just saying

Yep mate no problem I clearly understand have the terrorists been identified ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG