The online racing simulator
know your circuits
(212 posts, started )
Quote from Tweaker :Here's a course

A cool, not well known course.

EDIT: one more

I was going to say Portland for the second one, but that isnt correct..

First one looks nice indeed, but not a clue either.
Here's another one... the person who guesses this first is a real nutter
Attached images
crazy.jpg
*puts hand up*

Black Bay Town Reverse?
Quote from Tweaker :Here's a course

A cool, not well known course.

EDIT: one more

Is the first one Pacific Raceway?
Quote from Frankmd :Here's another one... the person who guesses this first is a real nutter

hhehe, easy one there...it's Blackwood
How did you make that screenshot?
It isnt a screenshot, I took it from a plane.

Honest.
Quote from TagForce :Is the first one Pacific Raceway?

Yeah. Was talking about it on IRC, maybe some of you caught that . It is 'Pacific Raceways'... I don't know why... maybe because it is a drag strip, motox, road course, etc... all combined. Wierd though. It is a very classic woodsy track that just seems cool to me, specifically because the turns require a lot of late apex turn-ins.

Anyways, what is the other one (In US)
Quote from Tweaker :Yeah. Was talking about it on IRC, maybe some of you caught that . It is 'Pacific Raceways'... I don't know why... maybe because it is a drag strip, motox, road course, etc... all combined. Wierd though. It is a very classic woodsy track that just seems cool to me, specifically because the turns require a lot of late apex turn-ins.

Mid-America?

Nope, very similar layout, though, just mirrored.

Putnam Park
Here's another circuit for you.
Attached images
new.gif
Yeah Putnam Park. I have another one here read to go, post your own aswell

1) This one is a tough one, because the aerial is such poor quality. So I drew out the path a bit.
Attached images
some_fuzzy_aerialness.jpg
Quote from Tweaker :Yeah. Was talking about it on IRC, maybe some of you caught that . It is 'Pacific Raceways'... I don't know why... maybe because it is a drag strip, motox, road course, etc... all combined. Wierd though. It is a very classic woodsy track that just seems cool to me, specifically because the turns require a lot of late apex turn-ins.

I remember this track from someone doing it for NR4... Not sure if it ever was finished... Anyway... He called it Pacific Raceway, and didn't have the dragstrip modeled

I remembered the layout because the name always reminded me of the race that was held on this next track, which I wanted to drive but didn't have:
Attached images
track.gif
These ones are all in the UK, so if you're from here you've got an advantage!

1 is a very hard one so I left "Roads" on on Google Earth - they include the track.
2 shouldn't be that hard but the picture was awful, so I've (badly) drawn the track on.
3 is very hard too but you can clearly see the track layout.
4 should be extremely easy! Even non-Brits should get this.
5 is a hard one too but a good quality picture.

If anyone gets 1, 3 and 5 I'll be impressed!

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:
2 looks like mallory park (from the first lot of pictures) !!! i live 15 mins from it lol (but i not on the map lmao)
as from the new ones sliverstone is number 4 EASY!!!
Quote from chakra :These ones are all in the UK, so if you're from here you've got an advantage!

1 is a very hard one so I left "Roads" on on Google Earth - they include the track.
2 shouldn't be that hard but the picture was awful, so I've (badly) drawn the track on.
3 is very hard too but you can clearly see the track layout.
4 should be extremely easy! Even non-Brits should get this.
5 is a hard one too but a good quality picture.

If anyone gets 1, 3 and 5 I'll be impressed!

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

My guesses:

1. No clue... Well, couple of clues, but none seem right...
2. Oulton Park
3. Castle Combe
4. Silverstone
5. Lydden
4 out of 5! Good work

Who's going to get 1..?
No.1 Top Gear test track ??
Quote from Mazz4200 :No.1 Top Gear test track ??

Nope!
EDIT: I've changed the picture for track 1; I included a bit more than just the track which probably made it harder. Check the original post again, it should be easier now!
Street course, I've traced the route (with one minor possible error, wasn't sure exactly where the hairpin was). Also excuse the fragment of the googlemaps controls.
Attached images
mysterytrack.jpg
Quote from chakra :EDIT: I've changed the picture for track 1; I included a bit more than just the track which probably made it harder. Check the original post again, it should be easier now!

I was looking for an airfield track...
No fair!
Quote from 5th Earth :Street course, I've traced the route (with one minor possible error, wasn't sure exactly where the hairpin was). Also excuse the fragment of the googlemaps controls.

San Jose City Course I went to that race... I regret it actually, not a good track for spectators at all... not even 'tracklike' for the cars even
Quote from 5th Earth :Street course, I've traced the route (with one minor possible error, wasn't sure exactly where the hairpin was). Also excuse the fragment of the googlemaps controls.

I think you got the hairpin about right... About half a block too far, I think.
San Jose Grand Prix Circuit, right?
Quote from chakra :4 out of 5! Good work

Who's going to get 1..?

Apparently nobody else...
It's Pembrey.

know your circuits
(212 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG