The online racing simulator
The next person to talk about "the incident" is gay!

I didn't want to have to do that but I was left no choice....p.s. if that doesn't work and a mod please lock this thread and any other threads that are hijacked or started about "the incident" again.
anyone done anything interesting today ?
Quote from tinvek :anyone done anything interesting today ?

Hell yes! Found a way of fitting my bottles into my mini fridge!

I didn't actually think of this a friend did.
Attached images
DSCF0036.JPG
Quote from garph :Hell yes! Found a way of fitting my bottles into my mini fridge!

I didn't actually think of this a friend did.

that was my idea you R-TARD!!!!
Quote :Modern karting is not a good place to learn or demonstrate passing techniques anymore.

Really? You actually said that??? Consider this - Martyn Whitmarsh on Mclaren's new signing Oliver Rowland

Quote :He demonstrates the talent and determination that we look for in a driver. You cannot judge talent on one race, however a clear example of why we have joined forces with Oliver is his performance at a kart meeting in February at Shenington. Having jumped the start, Oliver was relegated to the back of the grid, but proceeded to take the win with some very classy overtaking manoeuvres. It showed dedication and tenacity.

New signing??? a KARTER?? and a video of him doing some outrageous overtaking influenced Mclaren's decision??? NEVER????? lol

In karting the ONE thing you learn is about OVERTAKING.....you don't learn nearly as much in some sub-par car racing!
There is no situation I _feel_ I have the right to push someone off track, never. It is just that I don't feel so guilty if I do it accidentaly when there was no significant overlap on corner entry.

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving_passing.shtml
Quote :Third Rule - if another driver has legitimately placed his car beside yours, leave room for the other car to carry a line through the corner. You don't necessarily have to give him the optimum line, but cutting a car off that results in forcing it off course is poor racing, and if the officials see it as deliberate, you're subject to penalty. Racing is not a roller derby. Eliminating your competition is not one of the objectives.

(And I was really shaking my head when reading "ayrton senna 87"'s opinions... but I don't feel the need to comment on it further because others have already tried enough. But I think it could be fun if we could watch him racing against himself (somebody with the same attitude). I guess the dialog would not be kid safe :-))
Quote from Intrepid :Really? You actually said that??? Consider this - Martyn Whitmarsh on Mclaren's new signing Oliver Rowland

New signing??? a KARTER?? and a video of him doing some outrageous overtaking influenced Mclaren's decision??? NEVER????? lol

In karting the ONE thing you learn is about OVERTAKING.....you don't learn nearly as much in some sub-par car racing!

I never know who Intrepid is. First it was Senna87's account used to cheat in the OWRL, then Shifty had it, now Alan has it?

Anyway, whoever you are, watch 90% of karting. They cannot overtake cleanly or fairly. Lots of banging into each other. The small minority (10%) that can are rarely used as an example. Thus, for the most part, my sentence still stands - karting, especially at the 'club' level should not be used to discuss racecraft or passing techniques.

And to every statement there is usually one or two exceptions. Finding those exceptions does not make the statement any less true.
Its called respect and no ones got any for you Senna87.We are sim racin and a different set of rules apply. You earn it through gentlemenly conduct.In Real life its peoples lives your dealing with,do you run someone into a wall and a hospital bed just to win? Obviously in sim racin we have visability drawbacks and alot of other perceptive things missing so we give instead of take. Winnings not every thing. No offence mate as i aint raced properly for a couple years. I cant beleive your still of this mind set as your so quick.But i remember your "firing tactics". JUst read your recent threads.LOL. Learn some respect for the respected racers you race and maybe youll earn some yourself bellend :-)
How many club races have your been to watch Tristan, out of interest???

And karting is probably the ONLY form of motorsport where you set the standards of overtkaing...

it's one of the rare motorsports where you don't have to worry to much about your wallet before attempting an overtake.

I am pretty much sure that in 80% of car races I have ever seen the thoughts of a racing driver before an overtake naturally take in to account the bill if anything goes a wrong. I am sure that's something you consider when your playing with that f3 car or whatever

So in fact karting is the only motorsport where you see overtaking unshackled by the constraints of having to pay 100's of pounds to replace suspension parts!!!!

In car racing you get a watered down version of real racing.....it's shackled down...

However that's not to say I support firing people off...no way...
Quote from Intrepid :

In car racing you get a watered down version of real racing.....it's shackled down...

Just LOL. By that definition simracing is in fact the only form of pure racing: you can't hurt yourself in any way, either physically or financially.

But you're right that karting sets the standard at the end of the day, as that's where the car drivers come from. At the same time that's part of the reason why we see crashes like Kubica, Glock and Viso.
This WAS a good thread, but it ain't anymore.

MOD, can you close this now? Thanks!
So why are we having this conversation about a real-life karter not being good at overtaking then if karting is so good?

And I've seen a fair few kart races in my time. Usually one or two good people right at the front, and a load of idiots after that, who haven't got a clue about overtaking.

Example: Will said you had to be faster at turn in to overtake someone, which is twoddle! You cannot enter a corner faster OFFline and still make the corner, let alone if you are alongside someone.
It's no good Tristan, they won't listen to you. They've got their fingers in their ears, loudly singing "lalalala", whenever just about the entire forum tries to tell them that they're wrong, or can't race for shit.

The only positive outcome that could result of this and the "grr, whose fault was this?" thread is if the pair found themselves listed on the wrecker barricade so that those of us (the forum majority) who enjoy close, fair, hard and above all fun racing don't have to worry about people "presenting themselves" (*cough*) or pretending they know how to race with other cars on the track, or just plain careless, aggressive, race-ruining driving.

In the meantime, this thread will probably just rumble on with the occasional argument over their driving, with them not learning or listening, until a mod closes it.
Quote from tristancliffe :And I've seen a fair few kart races in my time. Usually one or two good people right at the front, and a load of idiots after that, who haven't got a clue about overtaking.

Example: Will said you had to be faster at turn in to overtake someone, which is twoddle! You cannot enter a corner faster OFFline and still make the corner, let alone if you are alongside someone.

the ones at the front often are the most crazy at overtaking, going barreling into the corner. last week i was told that my overtaking is too controlled!

if im behind someone and want to pass them, then surely i need to outbrake them? which is going into the entry of the corner faster than they are, and as i said my apex speed was lower than his to 'recover'

i think the whole real life vs simmers thing is summat that will never be agreed.
I can pick overtaking moves from

Rossi
Schumacher
Senna
Gilles Villeneurve
Rowland
Litchfield

THAT ALL CONFLICT with what a lot of you call fair overtaking.....

I have been lucky enough to race guys like Hamilton as a kid on track... I wasn't quick enough to compete... but I can tell you 100% that they all overtook hard, and pretty much the way Ayrton Senna 87 describes....

Hamilton run me wide at Kimbolton corner once..... I didn't complain that;s racing....

but what do all those guys above know about racing??? eh????
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :if im behind someone and want to pass them, then surely i need to outbrake them? which is going into the entry of the corner faster than they are, and as i said my apex speed was lower than his to 'recover'

To outbrake someone you have to brake a little later, but you have to brake harder and deeper. You have to be slower at the turn point if you want any hope of getting to the apex.

If you are faster than normal at the turn point, yet want to be going slower than normal by the apex (i.e. more braking whilst turning) then you haven't been braking well normally.

If you ARE faster at turn in whilst offline then you WILL run wide and/or hit someone.
Quote from tristancliffe :To outbrake someone you have to brake a little later, but you have to brake harder and deeper. You have to be slower at the turn point if you want any hope of getting to the apex.

If you are faster than normal at the turn point, yet want to be going slower than normal by the apex (i.e. more braking whilst turning) then you haven't been braking well normally.

If you ARE faster at turn in whilst offline then you WILL run wide and/or hit someone.

cool thanks
Quote from J.B. :Just LOL. By that definition simracing is in fact the only form of pure racing: you can't hurt yourself in any way, either physically or financially.

But you're right that karting sets the standard at the end of the day, as that's where the car drivers come from. At the same time that's part of the reason why we see crashes like Kubica, Glock and Viso.

well i would argue with that, ive poured more than 200 quid into this.
I feel this thread has served its purpose.. The topic opener has also requested a closure.

Thread Closed.
This thread is closed

Question about inside outside rules.
(320 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG