The online racing simulator
Increasing LFS's Visibility in the Market
The recent thread on the popularity of LFS in various countries got me thinking of ways to increase LFS's visibility in the marketplace. Have there ever been any promotions such as, for instance, a competition in which one or more full licenses are given away as prizes to those who submit the fastest laps in the demo? If this sort of promotion was targeted at an appropriate audience, it would generate interest, increase exposure and at the very least get people to play the demo.

One market segment that could be targeted is the online racing enthusiast community e.g. AtlasF1, probably the largest Formula 1 website, which has a very active online membership. A fair number of people there play racing sims, yet I don't believe I've ever seen LFS so much as mentioned.

Another segment is the flight sim community. There are a significant number of people who play flight sims and also play racing sims. I'm one of them. Yet, only a small portion of these have heard of LFS, much less played it.

Anyway, just a thought.
because getting a fast time is simple..
afaik the only 2 licenses that were given away were to the guy that made the logo of LFS (sorry.. cant remember your name!)
and i believe for whoever got the best cd and case cover in RSC

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG