The online racing simulator
Flags instead of words
(18 posts, started )
Flags instead of words
i was just curious if there was a mod where flags show up in the corner of your screen instead of having BLUE FLAG and YELLOW FLAG pop up all the time in big letters?

thanks
That would be nice. I'd be an early adopter of that one when (if) it arrives.
+100
Quote from Dalek0220 :+100

What are you plussing?

If you're thinking this is an improvement suggestion, that was here.
This is more of an insim request.
Yeah That would be nice...
#6 - troy
you can do that already with fiddling around a bit in your language files "lfs/data/language/english.txt" (or whatever language your using)

the forum software dosnt like these specials chars so i have to attach it in a .txt file
just change these lines in your english.txt with the ones provided in the .txt file attached

3g_yellcaps YELLOW FLAG
3g_bluecaps BLUE FLAG

ingame it will look like the attached screens then, its not a perfect solution but the annoying text on the screen is gone
Attached images
blue.JPG
yellow.JPG
Attached files
flags.txt - 32 B - 221 views
Quote from troy :you can do that already with fiddling around a bit in your language files "lfs/data/language/english.txt" (or whatever language your using)

the forum software dosnt like these specials chars so i have to attach it in a .txt file
just change these lines in your english.txt with the ones provided in the .txt file attached

3g_yellcaps YELLOW FLAG
3g_bluecaps BLUE FLAG

ingame it will look like the attached screens then, its not a perfect solution but the annoying text on the screen is gone

Wow that is pretty neat, so can you make the text bigger so it looks bigger on screen?
Yeah very nice.. anything on how to make it a bit biggeras flinty72 suggested?
#9 - troy
nope sorry don't know if its possible to make the text bigger, guess its hard coded somewhere
only thing you can do is search for some bigger special characters (chinese or russian maybe)
or just add another one of these blocks i used in the first post, will look like that then
Attached images
blue2.JPG
Quote from troy :nope sorry don't know if its possible to make the text bigger, guess its hard coded somewhere
only thing you can do is search for some bigger special characters (chinese or russian maybe)
or just add another one of these blocks i used in the first post, will look like that then

Yeah that is a good point, maybe 3 flags for yellow cautions and 2-4 for blue flags.
I might investigate other special characters as well. Thanks for the idea
I must be missing a vital piece of information somewhere but I don't get the blue squares for the first and second cars to lap me and it reverts to 'BLUE FLAG' for the next ones. When I go back to English.txt it has changed back to BLUE FLAG etc. making it read only is not an option.

Yes I did save the changes.
#12 - troy
Quote from Doorman :I must be missing a vital piece of information somewhere but I don't get the blue squares for the first and second cars to lap me and it reverts to 'BLUE FLAG' for the next ones. When I go back to English.txt it has changed back to BLUE FLAG etc. making it read only is not an option.

Yes I did save the changes.

not sure whats your problem there but you could try to copy your english.txt then give it a new name and take that one
attached a copy of the edited english.txt now so you just need to download, put it in your language folder and switch to that language ingame
Attached files
eng_flags.txt - 46.9 KB - 156 views
Surely an InSim app for this could be made
Quote from troy :not sure whats your problem there but you could try to copy your english.txt then give it a new name and take that one
attached a copy of the edited english.txt now so you just need to download, put it in your language folder and switch to that language ingame

How strange, it works! Thanks a lot.
I had some fun with my selected language file being overwritten to the default English.
By saving the edited language file under another name and editing the cfg.txt line:

language <my new filename>

without the .txt (natch), it now loads my edited language file.
Hey, look at image. It make with InSim (ISP_BTN). I used luaLFS for do that
Attached images
blue_flag.jpg

Flags instead of words
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG