The online racing simulator
F1 Rules 2001
(5 posts, started )
F1 Rules 2011
Hmmm, rather quirky.
They're addressing the problem of the wake turbulence, but with active aero? How ironic.

It's like it all came 10 years too late, I'm afraid. They want to keep the speeds, but now they've got to reduce the energy used (less power) in a race for environmental reasons, so in order to do so they've got to make use of aerodynamics even more heavily.

This chart makes me sad.
Attached images
chart.jpg
Well, after all, you can't expect much from a bunch of apes.
GrandPrix.com article: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19318.html

Some interesting things:
  • 1.3-1.5 liter 4-cylinder engines
  • 400 bhp engines
  • Push-to-pass, up to 250 bhp extra
  • Spec bodywork and parts
:thumbsdow

With these proposals actually happen, F1 wouldn't be F1 anymore. I sure as hell won't be following F1 anymore. I hope they come to their senses and understand that they probably are going to ruin the sport.
Quote :Improving the show: A turbulence sensor complete with an aircraft type back up system (for
robustness) will be supplied by the FIA. When travelling in high turbulence levels such as
those generated by the close presence of a leading car, the ride height of the car, both front
and rear, must be altered in response to the output of this sensor (within a set range, at a set
rate, and with appropriate hysteresis, determined from time to time by the FIA) to
compensate for the degradation in performance. In free stream the car is to return to a
baseline ride height. The purpose is to allow for full compensation for downforce losses due
to being in the wake of another car.

This seems hopeful..

F1 Rules 2001
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG