The online racing simulator
Add server to favourites
(68 posts, started )
A favorites button on the server list. yah i think there are plently of threads around here somewhere about it,

+1 good addition
+1. Would make things more easy, BUT would make less popular servers even less popular. As they'd be blocked out of your list. But anyway..

+1.
#28 - Dru
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :hmm, either im stupid or u didnt make clear what u mean.
anyway, i dont get it

lol = for this i'm sorry

i want an easy way to search the servers i regulalry play on

Please guys, use the search function and suggested improvements log.
#30 - Dru
Quote from duke_toaster :

Please guys, use the search function and suggested improvements log.

yup did and did not find anything
i know about favorites, but when reading ur post it looked like u meant something else.
like compare what every racer plays or so....i just couldnt understand it
+1 Will also serve many master-server queries and waiting time.
Until it gets added into LFS you might like Browse for speed. Only compatible with LFS vers W at the moment Until X is released it wont be updated.
#34 - Dru
Quote from JasonJ :Until it gets added into LFS you might like Browse for speed. Only compatible with LFS vers W at the moment Until X is released it wont be updated.

trouble is it would be great to have something in game rather than outta game to help..

but something is better than nothing i suppose
+1 for this. I think its almost inexcusable to not have a favorites list, and it'd be very easy to add.
+1 to fully customisable search options and favourites.

I'd also like to see track / car filtering (so I can get rid of all AS3/GTR servers!) and the option that keeps getting suggested to match the LFSW driving style - an extra setting to filter in/out drift/cruise servers as well.
Quote from qoncept :+1 for this. I think its almost inexcusable to not have a favorites list, and it'd be very easy to add.

Oh yes, it would be very easy to add, and I guess you make this assumption based on your total ignorance of LFS internal structure and/or programming?

Every time I see someone saying "add this I bet it takes 5 minutes" I find it 'funny', only Scawen knows what it takes and if it was very easy or it would take 5 minutes it would be already in, dont you think?

EDIT: On topic, +1 for the idea of a list of favourite servers.
Quote from maniax :but if you had a list of favourites then you wouldnt need to

this would be a great idea and would be good if it could be done.

+1
old but a very good suggestion.
Oh, why did you post in a such and old thread with me acting stupid.
Yes, the favourites servers would always be first, whatever the ping is.
We need a block/ignore list too.
Blimey, thats one hell of a bump!!!!, nearly 2 years, shessshh, can't believe it hasn't been implemented in 2 whole years LMAO
**** Lock it pls!
Well i have to agree this is somthing i thought would of been implimented in LFSWorld and In-Game a_long_time_ago. (in another galaxy ...)

Would save badwidth on master server , peolpe not having to scan server for host list etc.

/me slaps scavier with 2 year old thread
+1

Even just a little X marker next to server names is enough for me imo. Something to make favourite servers stand out.
You could save favorites and create a popup menu listing them using insim.
And im sure everyone who plays LFS has coding ability or even wants to bother with insim.
*edit* thanks for the tip in your signiture*
This thread did not get posted in at all in 2008 and the feature is still lacking. I was going to make a new thread but I found this in the "Suggested improvements log" thread so I figured I'd bump this instead.

This really would make things a lot easier, especially if we had the option to save passwords for each specific server in this hypothetical favorites section.
Good idea OP. +1

I think it can even be done online heh. Each person has a user and pass and can access his list of favorite servers and can join them through Join2LFS. Although it would be easier if it was just built in the game.
heh Should have made it a 2 year absence. I for one would love this idea. I do plan on league racing again soon and would love to just add a few servers to make a smaller list.
Would be awesome.
Maybe just a extra bar in list options called "favorites" or something. Then you could unmarl the others and just highlight that one to only see favorite servers.

Add server to favourites
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG