The online racing simulator
S3 = more $?
(57 posts, started )
S3 = more $?
I just recently bought my S1/S2 license and am loving the ever loving goodness out of this sim. It took me away from Enthusia

Anyway. When S2 is "finished" what will that mean?

And when "S3" is released, will it be released in full? Or will it be a alpha/beta etc? And will is cost another 12 lbs? (I'm american so I don't know where the pound key is lol ) ###

Anyway, great game, !!!
It'll cost another 12 punds. Altough I'm not sure it'll be 12. But it'll cost more
Q: When will S2 be finished?
A: Noone knows, I guess mid 2006 is a good estimate.

Q: When is S3 finished?
A: When is Duke Nukem Forever finished?

Q: Will S3 cost another 12 GBP?
A: Yes it will, it's a pretty simple system though. S1 = £12, S2 = £12 and S3 = £12. With each version, you'll have to buy the previous ones too, so S3 will be £36 total. Although you have to remember, that the liscenses only provide the content (cars/tracks, maybe some features)! With an S2 liscense you will still get the updated S3 physics/graphics/etc.
S2 will be finished (i.e. not recieve any more patches) the day S3 (demo/alpha/beta/full) comes out. Yuo could argue that S2 is finished now and only needs patching, or you could argue that BECAUSE it needs patching it isn't finished.

But yes, it will cost £12. Some of us, myself included, have already paid the extra.
Quote from AndroidXP :Q: When will S2 be finished?
A: Noone knows, I guess mid 2006 is a good estimate.

Q: When is S3 finished?
A: When is Duke Nukem Forever finished?

Q: Will S3 cost another 12 GBP?
A: Yes it will, it's a pretty simple system though. S1 = £12, S2 = £12 and S3 = £12. With each version, you'll have to buy the previous ones too, so S3 will be £36 total. Although you have to remember, that the liscenses only provide the content (cars/tracks, maybe some features)! With an S2 liscense you will still get the updated S3 physics/graphics/etc.

omfg i dont want to be new to this game when S10 comes out
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :omfg i dont want to be new to this game when S10 comes out

Just TRY to imagine how this game would look like, if the progression continues at the same level :O It would be damn worth 120 pounds then :P
Quote from sicbeing :(I'm american so I don't know where the pound key is lol )

um...k (so many thoughts going around in my head that i wont say here)

shift 3 mr sicbeing! (the one left of $)
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
yeah my keyboard is US and shift+3 is '#'. i dont see any pound signs, but there must be a way.
-
Quote from tristancliffe :Some of us, myself included, have already paid the extra.

How?
When buying an LFS liscense it asks the amount you would like to pay. They have slipped in an addition 12 pounds somewhere in their liscensing.
Quote from Vykos69 :Just TRY to imagine how this game would look like, if the progression continues at the same level :O It would be damn worth 120 pounds then :P

I may be mistaken, but, didn't this all start with S1 way back in 1999? I'm not sure of the year, I think I read that back on RSC. I only found it the beginning of this year and S2 demo was released shortly thereafter. So, by my calculation of S1 taking 6 years, then we should be racing S2 for 6 years, S3 six years....... I will be freakin 81 years old when S10 comes out. I maybe shouldn't be driving out on the roads by then, but I surely will still be racing !!!!
Quote from tristancliffe :Yuo could argue that S2 is finished now

Actually, I do not think you could argue that an alpha version is the finished product.
Quote from Batterypark :Actually, I do not think you could argue that an alpha version is the finished product.

Then how about that this IS S2 Unfinished or not, you still have to
pay for S2, and it's here, now.
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Didn't S1 come out in 2003? So that would mean it took four years, and S2 something like two or three years (who knows, it's not done yet), so we can safely assume that the devs achieve 30%-ish extra efficiency with each release and S3 will be available some time in 2008

That's probably the best guess so far
Quote from thisnameistaken :I don't think it's in the same place on US English keyboards. I can't remember where it is because I haven't used one for ten years, but I'm pretty sure it's not there.

hmm, and all this time i thought the only difference was the " and # keys were swapped
Quote from dUmAsS :hmm, and all this time i thought the only difference was the " and # keys were swapped

is that why your called Dumass?

sorry couldnt resist heheeh
Quote from dUmAsS :um...k (so many thoughts going around in my head that i wont say here)

shift 3 mr sicbeing! (the one left of $)

you need to get off you island sometimes Mr dumass

(so many thoughts going around in my head that i wont say here)

§
S3 should be the final version imo. It's unrealistic to demand another 12GBP for S4. That would be 48GBP. No game is worth that much. A new released game in sweden costs, 499SEK (36GBP). After 2 months the game usually goes for 399SEK (29GBP). I am pretty sure S3 = final. S4 will never exist. But maybe a new game.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well, Americans call the "hash" a pound sign, so it's semi-appropriate I suppose...

Quote from Vendetta :How?

Just paid an extra £12, like buying 2x S2 Licenses but as S3 is not out, they old back the extra £12 for when it is.

It's funny really. We have pre-paid for something that is not going to be out for at least 1-2 years

Me 2 S3 Licensed, when it comes out.
it's good to know that you have paymants of your head..i payed for s3 too
Does advance payment benefit the developers or help fund development in any way?
Quote from BuddhaBing :Does advance payment benefit the developers or help fund development in any way?

Probably not, as they wont hire people in (at least AFAIK). Helps them live though eh
S1 might have taken 4 years, but the change from NOTHING to S1 is surely bigger than S1 to S2.

I reckon we'll see S2 Final (whatever that means) in Q1 2006, and S3 (of some sort - beta,alpha,delta?) in early 2008. But I've paid my money (through choice), and I am enjoying S2 more than any sim yet, so I'm more than happy to wait... And Scawen has already said that it is likely that 'S3 Stuff' might make an early appearance in an S2 patch later on, so we might not have to wait so long for some things.

If only we had vBookie here
how do we pre-order the S3 license?

S3 = more $?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG