The online racing simulator
Join2LFS - (UPDATED 30 Nov 2005)
(98 posts, started )
Join2LFS is a clone of LFSJoin and works the same, but has more features!
By clicking on the "Join" link on LFS World you can directly join the a certain LFS Server.

But my version also works with Opera

Key features:
> Joining a LFS server via web links (links like LFS World uses)
> easy installation and uninstallation (one click)
> joining public servers also with a password (good for admins)
> passwords are stored
> you can pass an insim port to lfs
> you can start other applications before lfs
> it supports server names in the new languages (Japanese, Greek, etc...)
> there is an update checker

J2L also supports the handy tool "LFS Launch" by "Herki".

So check it out NOW...

Download Join2LFS
(current version 1.4.1.1)

Beta Version of Join2LFS 2:
Download Join2LFS 2.0 beta
This beta supports special characters. If you encounter some problems please use this. But this version doesn't include all features of the old one!

Beta Version of Join2LFS 2.1:
Download Join2LFS 2.1 beta
Some virus scanners seems to find a virus. My scann doesn't. So maybe you can also check that!

To get Join2LFS working on Ubuntu with FireFox : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51294

FAQs:
PitSpotter and Join2LFS: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=123938#post123938
Attached images
J2L.jpg
J2L_settings.jpg
Hi Crazy, thx for the app. I'm having a problem with it, though (and I actually had the same prob with the previous LFSjoin): When I click join, LFS starts up fine but then I get the message that "the server is not online anymore"... Any idea what that could be? When I then try to join manually, everything works fine...
maybe i the tool cannot determine the name correctly...
which server was it?
compare the name in the status bar of your browser (or of the server you want to join) with the name displayed in the tool...
if it is different, something went wrong...

please tell me which servernames make problems....
I just quickly tried "ATC Team Public # 1" and I get the above message. There is indeed a difference in the writing. On LFSW there are spaces between Public, # and 1. Within LFS there are none. Is that the problem?
Quote from Linsen :I just quickly tried "ATC Team Public # 1" and I get the above message. There is indeed a difference in the writing. On LFSW there are spaces between Public, # and 1. Within LFS there are none. Is that the problem?

Actually there are no spaces. The exact server name is "^1ATC ^4Team ^7Public#1" or "ATC Team Public #1" if you strip the colour codes.

I haven't had a chance to test jois2lfs myself fully because I'm not at home atm.
i noticed that Join2LFS has problems with server names where the character " is in it...
i can't find the error, because there seems to be a difference in getting the parameter via the lfs:// link and setting the parameter directly in borland delphi.

but in my opinion this should be the same result, but in fact it isn't....

so i don't know where the error really is...

has someone got an idea?

(see attached pix...i get the wrong parameter...in the black box there is the param how it should be)

/edit:
found the error...when " is in the server name, i get more than one parameter...so i hope now servers with " in their name will work too

a new version is online!
Attached images
J2L_error.jpg
Quote from Linsen :I just quickly tried "ATC Team Public # 1" and I get the above message. There is indeed a difference in the writing. On LFSW there are spaces between Public, # and 1. Within LFS there are none. Is that the problem?

so, what's the problem, or better....where is the problem now?

is it a Join2LFS problem, or a lfs world problem or a LFS problem it self?

because, when the name of the server on lfs world is with spaces and the name of the server on the server list in LFS it self is without, the there is aproblem with lfsw.....

so it isn't really a Join2LFS problem
tataaaaaa....
another update is finished.

now, in version 1.3.1.1, you can define an InSim port and you can choose applications which should be started before LFS!

now Join2LFS is also usable with LFSLaunch by herik!
if you like to use LFSLaunch you have to activate the checkbox "". therefore LFS will be launch by LFSLaunch, not by Join2LFS.
This also applys to other apps, where you enable this checkbox!!

Of course, Join2LFS can start any application, not only LFSLaunch!

READ THE README FILE!!!

Download Join2LFS v 1.3.1.1

have fun! and don't forget to donate!
Cool! Downloading now. Very useful tool, and nice to see little improvments now and again...
thx...
how do u like the "start apps before LFS" feature?
is it used or is it useless?
I do sometimes, but only really for stats and the smoke mod now and again. The best thing, for me, is remembering passwords
I haven't downloaded an update to this in a while so forgive me if I'm out of date here, but is there a way to stop it loading LFS when it's already loaded?

For instance I might have been playing single player, fancy going online, look at the servers on LFS World, click join... and another instance loads and joins that server.

Or is that not possible to sort out?
Yeah, I've wondered that too, but I always forget I've wondered it when it's a good time to tell someone, and then remember it again when I end up with two LFSs running.
Quote :how do u like the "start apps before LFS" feature?
is it used or is it useless?

I like this feature too much! Since I forget always to start Trak-IR. In this way I don't forget any more.

The only think is if I close LFS and restart it via LFSLaunch it start Track-IR again. It's not a big mess since it doesn't open another instance
Quote from mpracer :I like this feature too much! Since I forget always to start Trak-IR. In this way I don't forget any more.

The only think is if I close LFS and restart it via LFSLaunch it start Track-IR again. It's not a big mess since it doesn't open another instance

i thought that this ist already fixed in version 1.3.2.0.
can you check that again and maybe download the app again?
Quote from Bob Smith :I haven't downloaded an update to this in a while so forgive me if I'm out of date here, but is there a way to stop it loading LFS when it's already loaded?

For instance I might have been playing single player, fancy going online, look at the servers on LFS World, click join... and another instance loads and joins that server.

Or is that not possible to sort out?

its possible not to start LFS again, but i don't think it's possible to pass a running LFS instance a server to connect...
hmmm...going to ask the devs
but i can stop J2L starting a new instance of LFS if LFS is already running...

so, what do u like...
i think you want, if possible, to join the server in the running instance....
Quote from CrazyICE :so, what do u like...
i think you want, if possible, to join the server in the running instance....

Ideally, yes. If not, some warning that a second instance is going to have to be loaded, so advise the user to close the currently running instance of LFS?
Quote :can you check that again

Sorry! It works fine!

Thanks
because of the new language support of LFS all JOIN links @ lfsworld are now urlencoded!
i'm working on a new version of Join2LFS to support urlencoded servernames.

but this will be more difficult that i thought, because it seems that Internet Explorer handels urlencoded string different than for example firefox does....

be patient...
an update will follow
#22 - ekze
Thank you for your work. Very useful tool !
Quote from CrazyICE :
> joining public servers also with a password (good for admins)

Yes! Ive been waiting for this feature to be added. Very nice tool CrazyICE
Quote from Vendetta :Yes! Ive been waiting for this feature to be added. Very nice tool CrazyICE

well, this funktion is available since Join2LFS was released.
this was on 04. Aug. 2005

nice to hear that you like this tool!
Quote from CrazyICE :well, this funktion is available since Join2LFS was released.
this was on 04. Aug. 2005

nice to hear that you like this tool!

lol, woops didnt notice date. I never saw this thread, so i was stuck with the old version.

(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG