The online racing simulator
Supremly painful (must read)
(23 posts, started )
This is pitiful... (From an article in my newspaper today reviewing Forza Motorsport 2)

Quote :
...hyper-realistic franchises such as Forza, Project Gotham Racing, and NEED FOR SPEED.

Gahhhh! I nearly choked on my ham sandwich when I read that! Why don't people get that arcade games aren't designed to be realistic? Also, it certainly sucks that LFS isn't getting as much press over here in the states; it certainly deserves to be on that list.
What the hell newspaper are you getting with games in it?
Quote from XCNuse :What the hell newspaper are you getting with games in it?

I don't know whether you're talking about the reviews or the game itself. The newspaper certainly doesn't give out free games, although they do review them quite often. (San Francisco Chronicle)
You have to remember that LFS is for people on the edge of the bell curve. To most people realistic just means it looks realistic.
Quote from rubberbrush :You have to remember that LFS is for people on the edge of the bell curve. To most people realistic just means it looks realistic.

Excellent point, although in that case, I don't understand why NFS was included in the list.
Guess I've just never come across a newspaper that ever talks about games. The AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution) just ..is I guess what you'd call an ordinary newspaper.
blacksheep, email them and let them know. Tell them about Live For Speed so they can write about it. Usually they will at least respond.
Quote from XCNuse :Guess I've just never come across a newspaper that ever talks about games. The AJC (Atlanta Journal Constitution) just ..is I guess what you'd call an ordinary newspaper.

Yeah the SF Chronicle is pretty sweet. They do reviews of tech products, have a giant column full of blog posts, and even have two reporters embedded in the police force writing narratives.
..Who reads the newspaper online :S
Quote from XCNuse :..Who reads the newspaper online :S

Sometimes if I'm bored I might. Then again, I never read the paper versions...
Quote from XCNuse :..Who reads the newspaper online :S

I'm pretty sure it's a reprint of what they have in the actual paper. I also recall seeing a section like this a long time ago when I read papers more frequently (I never read them anymore).
Britain's 'own' Daily tabloid: The Sun has a game review every Friday, and you can guess who sponsors it by the sort of games they 'review'...
Some weeks it is laughable how a completely cr@p game gets a high rating...so every idiot kid will rush out with their pocket money on a Saturday morning to grab the latest EA 'patch-masquerading as a new game' or the latest movie tie-in, whether its any good or not!
I know that contacting The Sun to ask them to review LFS would be a total waste of time...I once tried throwing down a gauntlet to Clarkson over his despicable criticism of buses in Oxford...the B'stards didn't even reply!
The only thing i review in the Sun is page 3
Quote from speedykev :The only thing i review in the Sun is page 3

mmnmnmn ( . )( . ) boobies

It doesn't really surprise me that newspapers talk about Forza 2, NFS and PGR. The developers say it themselves that its the most realistic car simulation ever!! Look at the NFS slogans and yet its called ProStreet LFS will get to that stage one day when it has developed. Wouldn't surprise me if the game developers/publishers gave the newspapers some restriction on what they have to say about the sims!!

Maybe it would be a good idea not to eat and read race sim reviews at the same time next time
Woo for the Toronto Sun

Bah--LFS is the best out there and yes, it hurts, but then again, when people see LFS, they think about those crappy underground simulation games.

And the marketing can't even be compared.

Maybe you should e-mail the newspaper and give them a link..
Quote from BlackSheep720 :This is pitiful... (From an article in my newspaper today reviewing Forza Motorsport 2)

Gahhhh! I nearly choked on my ham sandwich when I read that! Why don't people get that arcade games aren't designed to be realistic? Also, it certainly sucks that LFS isn't getting as much press over here in the states; it certainly deserves to be on that list.

Your're sure you want LFS to be side by side with NFS?
Quote from Maelstrom :Your're sure you want LFS to be side by side with NFS?

I think he means NFS = get off the list, and LFS = get straight on that list
NFS is realistic. Do you walk around seeing Fiesta's with Castrol paintjobs? No. Do you see Fiesta's with giant spoilers, yes.

But then again look at LFS.

Hitting a barrier in LFS is somewhat less realistic. Wait let's call the mythbusters and see if launching a Ford Taurus into a barrier causes it to shoot up 1000 feet in the air.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :But then again look at LFS.

Hitting a barrier in LFS is somewhat less realistic. Wait let's call the mythbusters and see if launching a Ford Taurus into a barrier causes it to shoot up 1000 feet in the air.

LOL hehehe
here in the uk the daily mail, the sun, news of the world, and daily express give away dvds and games
All we get is pictures of women and tasteless comics.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG