The online racing simulator
An issue with voting and sheep
(12 posts, started )
I've noticed this a few times whilst playing:

Someone bumps someone else, for whatever reason (possibly just an accident), and the bumpee immediately put out a vote for this person to be banned. Immediately every sheep on the server presses 1 whether they saw the incident or not and that person is banned, just because someone loses their temper. I've seen an accident in the back 3 cars and its had people right at the front joining in on the ban.

This happened just now (not to me), and I've seen it a worrying amount of times in the past few days.
#2 - Slopi
Well, sadly, that's what happens on an overcrowded server with lack of authority watching every race. Frankly, if I see a name I know vote to kick someone, I will vote with them, especially if I know they don't just toss out kicks and bans over everything.

Sure it might suck sometimes, but it's the best we have to work with
#3 - CSU1
don't race with sheep.
Why are people making such a big drama queen deal out of few silly instances? Out of 20 races I've had during the past days, maybe one got messed up because of a lone dumbass acting like he owns the track or similar accident.

Stay out of mainstream servers and race other combos. Problem solved.
Or, alternately, keep driving what you like where you like. Just realise that people are occasionally going to act like wankers and there's not all that much you (or anyone else) can do about it. It's just a fact of life when it comes to any form of online gaming and, unfortunately, LFS isn't immune to it.
#6 - SamH
Or join a league. You're never without an admin, then.

We disabled vote banning a long time ago, in favour of a reporting system. There are far fewer wreckers out there than there are hasty/faulty voting decisions, and being ejected from a server for no good reason is as offensive, IMO, as being wrecked by an utter tosser. If it's good enough for a kick/ban then it's good enough to be saved and reported to the server op.

I do empathise with you about what you've seen and been equally offended by the "manner of execution". There are alternatives, but they generally require more legwork. Servers with admins are generally places where this stuff doesn't happen. Look for those as an alternative place to race.
I've never been a sheep, so I'm fine. I only ever vote to ban someone if I've seen them acting like a muppet at some point during the race. Even if it's a different event, if their driving is causing multiple incidents like that they need to go.
I do autosave replays though, so I sometimes go back to see what happened and have forwarded them to the Barricade a few times (sorry for the spam, guys )
#8 - Thill
As it is almost never a chance to see what happens in the middle of the pack or up fron when I am in the back I usually just do what Slopi does , if I see a name that I know is a clean driver voting then I join in on the votes as usually they do have a reason for it , when I see a name I dont know starting the vote I just wait untill the last 7/8 and see if any known names join in then I complete the vote.

Its not perfect I know but its the most logical way for me to decide wheter a vote is justified or not .
#9 - tade
From my point of view, I think that with the new 8-votes-needed system the number of sheep has decreased somewhat. And that's because people who are aware of the new system think more before they vote. I'm not sure if this is the case everywhere but that's the impression I've got.

I've been to a few servers lately and it was really hard to kick the real rammers, most people just didn't vote on the grounds that they hadn't seen anything. Maybe it's just my idea, maybe it was coincidence, who knows. Maybe we have less sheep w/patch X
#10 - Jakg
Quote from spankmeyer :Stay out of mainstream servers and race other combos. Problem solved.

last night there was just one (1!) server running road cars that wasn't drift or cruise that had anyone in it. Bring back the days of the CTRA and Bug Test server i say

Last time LFS got boring i popped into TDU, but because of it's bugs it doesn't even work any more. Once again i open the server list to find AS3/GTR, FOX/BL1 or GTR's at Long, Boring tracks. I end up racing against 3 other people in a combo that interests me and while i can see what makes me love LFS i just wish that we could have the "good old days" of the W-test patches back with a full LRF server
The sheep on the left always wrecks me! i bannz0red him tho!!

MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

BANANAS RULE!
Quote from Jakg :last night there was just one (1!) server running road cars that wasn't drift or cruise that had anyone in it. Bring back the days of the CTRA and Bug Test server i say

And you didn't think of joining to an empty server, wait for a few mins to see if other people join too once the server dodges the 'not empty' filter with a barrel roll.

Seems to work quite often from my experience.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG