The online racing simulator
Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
Hey Birder, things ain't so bad mate. I'm sure a lot of people are having fun on your servers, I know I am. You can only do so much . I suggest you relax a bit, you can't please all of the people all of the time as they say.

I think the reason there are issues on your servers is because of the simple fact that the GTR cars by their very nature are more difficult to control at speed, especially overtaking manoevers with limited visability and a full grid, accidents are bound to happen. I'm really not sure what else you can do with public servers? Admin, I would imagine, is not an easy experience on popular public servers.
CD4 wasn't showing in the server list earlier when I tried to find it. I had to manually type the server name in to join, then was spammed by the licence mod in the chat chan, and was unable to start a race. This a bug?

The CD3 server is nothing short of a total nightmare ANY time I join. It's pointless. Period. When you can't even complete a single lap without being full-throttle rear-ended or just plain crushed to death by brain-dead people in T1/T2, the fun is completely gone.

Thanks for your time CD people, I'll be back whenever you get CD4 straightened out. In the mean time, I SUGGEST (not order you, like you claim people do)that you implement some sort of reporting feature if you want to stay above board in all of this. Also extend bans past 12 hours. People do NOT improve in 12 hours...

And with that, I wish you all the best of luck and hope some of you start racing on CD4, instead of conforming and just racing with the constant cluster**** that is CD3
I'm sorry to interrupt the more serious queries, but in regards to earlier suggestions for limiting spectator spots, I selfishly hope that doesn't happen. For me, the ability to spectate was one of the selling points of this game. I've seen some very heated battles already, that I have enjoyed as much as anything I've seen on Speed TV. Great driving deserves an audience.
Slopi Said: CD4 wasn't showing in the server list earlier

A lot of servers were missing from the master server at one time

The CD3 server is nothing short of a total nightmare ANY time I join. It's pointless. Period. When you can't even complete a single lap without being full-throttle rear-ended or just plain crushed to death by brain-dead people in T1/T2, the fun is completely gone.

Some seem to enjoy this

Thanks for your time CD people, I'll be back whenever you get CD4 straightened out. In the mean time, I SUGGEST (not order you, like you claim people do)that you implement some sort of reporting feature if you want to stay above board in all of this. Also extend bans past 12 hours. People do NOT improve in 12 hours...

Impossible to do without loads more work

And with that, I wish you all the best of luck and hope some of you start racing on CD4, instead of conforming and just racing with the constant cluster**** that is CD3

I ask again if you have a license for CD3 move to CD4, if you dant start using it i will change it to GTR's and another track.

[/quote]
Quote from HEAVYSET :I'm sorry to interrupt the more serious queries, but in regards to earlier suggestions for limiting spectator spots, I selfishly hope that doesn't happen. For me, the ability to spectate was one of the selling points of this game. I've seen some very heated battles already, that I have enjoyed as much as anything I've seen on Speed TV. Great driving deserves an audience.

Spectators will stay 42 plus 5 Admin (47), we have lowered the number on the grid to 28 on CD3 but you will find you often get "Race is full"

If the Licensed drivers move to Cd4 this would cure that.
Quote from AlienT. :Hey Birder, things ain't so bad mate. I'm sure a lot of people are having fun on your servers, I know I am. You can only do so much . I suggest you relax a bit, you can't please all of the people all of the time as they say.

I think the reason there are issues on your servers is because of the simple fact that the GTR cars by their very nature are more difficult to control at speed, especially overtaking manoevers with limited visability and a full grid, accidents are bound to happen. I'm really not sure what else you can do with public servers? Admin, I would imagine, is not an easy experience on popular public servers.

Origionally i thought CD3 being full was a flash in the pan but since it was setup its been full most of the time. As i said in an earlier post all i can do is keep having a look and sort the few people causing problems to try to sort it out.
#82 - Tomi
First thanks for the servers guys.

IMHO, there is not so much things to do. With popularity always come the bad drivers. The only solution is to have an admin online to clean a bit the server. I had some great races when an admin was present. But this is a full time job and you just can't race and moding at the same time, it just lead you to frustration because you can't manage to admin correctly and at the same time the moding prevent you from having good races.
[quote=birder;459602] 1) Kick to spectator is automatic if you dont move for 30 seconds, thats a lapper setting, it first warns you to move and 10 seconds later your are sent to spectate[quote]

Thats all great and all but I was in the middle of a race DRIVIG when I was kicked to spectator, read my post one more time I tried to explain the whole situation as best as I could and dont really want to do it again in this one.

On another issue I guess the whole drunken monkey was as much my fault for bad wording as you for I guess bad understanding of my intention so you said sorry to me so it is only fair I appologise to You for that Sorry mate next time I'll consider the more serious side of those kind of sentences before I post them
Just wanted to say thanks for running these servers and implementing the license system. I think I'm part of the quiet majority who enjoy close racing on a full server (esp. with mini-GTRs!), even if it means an occasional bump or two.

As for the time limit thing... I assume you have to be under the stated times? I ask because I ran a 53:000 the other day on CD3. I'm sure once I sober up and become less simian-like, I'll knock at least .001 off that...
Quote from Thill :1) Kick to spectator is automatic if you dont move for 30 seconds, thats a lapper setting, it first warns you to move and 10 seconds later your are sent to spectate

Thats all great and all but I was in the middle of a race DRIVIG when I was kicked to spectator, read my post one more time I tried to explain the whole situation as best as I could and dont really want to do it again in this one.

On another issue I guess the whole drunken monkey was as much my fault for bad wording as you for I guess bad understanding of my intention so you said sorry to me so it is only fair I appologise to You for that Sorry mate next time I'll consider the more serious side of those kind of sentences before I post them

I have no idea about the spectate, lapper is the only automatic control we have on CD3. If it does it again please save the replay.

Or

Maybe it was another 1 eyed drunken monkey that has Admin access did it..... But not me.
Nah it's not the only time it's happened. The lapper's told "me" to go spec for not moving, while I was traveling at about 100 mph. Also, I went AFK once and made sure I was spectating. When I got back I was being told to go spec for not moving, even though I was still spectating.

In short: The lapper can get IDs mixed up every now and then.
Quote from birder :
Maybe it was another 1 eyed drunken monkey that has Admin access did it..... But not me.

ehh still with the drunk monkey even thou I admited Imight have worded it wrong.. No comment.
Quote from Thill :ehh still with the drunk monkey even thou I admited Imight have worded it wrong.. No comment.

OK then, it could have been another admin, but it was not me
got a replay for yo this time the message appeared "drive or spectate" (or whatever it is exacly) even thou i was already spectating , but I guess it would kick me to spectate again if I were driving.
i race on your server alot and i seem to be stuck in the 1:46 to 1:47 (alot of work to do) but one thing that onoys me is people joining after the start. perhaps put a no mid race join restriction on the server it would save alot of hassel and also maybe making it less racers

but good server
Quote from Thill :got a replay for yo this time the message appeared "drive or spectate" (or whatever it is exacly) even thou i was already spectating , but I guess it would kick me to spectate again if I were driving.

If you can send me the replay to colin@conedodgers.co.uk

Thanks
Quote from m.odonoghue :i race on your server alot and i seem to be stuck in the 1:46 to 1:47 (alot of work to do) but one thing that onoys me is people joining after the start. perhaps put a no mid race join restriction on the server it would save alot of hassel and also maybe making it less racers

but good server

We tried that but the moans were massive.

So far i have been asked to disable voting on the public servers and no midrace join.

Maybe if i do that, the Licensed drivers will move over to CD2 and CD4 where those setting will not be implemented.

I have also had several requests to move the CD1 target time down to 1:43 and CD3 to down to 0:53.5

That will still give us over 2000 Licensed drivers.

One thing i am going to do is revoke the Licenses of those who do not use the Licensed servers as it seems silly giving them a License they dont ever use.

It has also been suggested that i change the track on CD3 once a week, what do think about that idea?
Quote from birder :Maybe if i do that the Licensed drivers will move over to CD2 and CD4 where they will not be impemented.

I have achieved the license goal of 1:44.4 a few times in the past few days both the FXR and FZR, but I cannot join CD2? I don't mind racing in CD1 anyway btw. Is there more of a requirement than achieving the target time to become licensed for CD2?

Thanks,

Struan
Hi CD guys, been playing on your server for a week now.
Loving every second of it, apart from when someone started a ban vote for no reason agaisnt me.

Having asked the guy why he was trying to bad me, I was called a w***er. Which got him kicked, He then logged back on and started the vote again.

Any chance i can get the ban overturned as im getting so close to the target time.

Also isnt a straight ban a bit harsh?

Again great server guys and a great job you have been doing
Quote from AlienT. :I have achieved the license goal of 1:44.4 a few times in the past few days both the FXR and FZR, but I cannot join CD2? I don't mind racing in CD1 anyway btw. Is there more of a requirement than achieving the target time to become licensed for CD2?

Thanks,

Struan

As i have said it a manual thing so you will be in the next update whenever i do it.

The update takes 2 hours so please dont chase for it
Quote from Kickker :Hi CD guys, been playing on your server for a week now.
Loving every second of it, apart from when someone started a ban vote for no reason agaisnt me.

Having asked the guy why he was trying to bad me, I was called a w***er. Which got him kicked, He then logged back on and started the vote again.

Any chance i can get the ban overturned as im getting so close to the target time.

Also isnt a straight ban a bit harsh?

Again great server guys and a great job you have been doing

A vote ban lasts 12 hours
I'm very grateful as well to you guys for running the servers. I just cracked 1:44.4 myself. The standard of racing on CD1 does seem to have improved anyway.

CD3 and CD4 have disappeared from the server list for me, maybe a master server issue? I can connect by typing the name in though, and just had a good couple of races on CD4 (although it was pretty quiet).

Thanks again chaps, keep up the good work :banana:
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
#98 - tade
OK so I've done my daily laps at AS2 w/FOX and then I thought I'd join CD3 for a few more laps. And I have this guy [K]Hash_Gordon or something like that who rams me once at T1, he clearly didnt break...much. Obviously I got off the track and he overtook me.

At the next lap (@T1) he rams the guy in front of me (can't remember his name), I see it clearly, they're like 10m in front of me. Unlike my accident though, they both spin. He clearly fell on the guy, he used him as a break for god's sake! I overtake both and Gordon_whoever is like 3" behind me. He eventually catches up and does the same thing! Hits me again from behind. All within 4-5 laps.

I decided I've had enough, complain, explain and vote to kick him. The other guy (who got rammed too) joins the voting and we both explain that this Gordon_whoever is a not-so-very-clean-driver (to say the least!)

You can imagine the result... Some of his teammates start laughing at us, I get blamed for being a whiner/childish/stupid/whatever, I get insulted, being told to go to my momma and 2-3 guys (who maybe knew gordon_whoever, Doghouse was one) take his part and blame us for the crash, say that's racing, stop whining etc.

I've run about 7000 laps, joined around 700 hosts (the numbers are not so great, I know, but I'm not a new player) and never before have I seen behaviour like this. This is truly sick.

I've had enough with these servers...:grumpy:
Quote from tade :OK so I've done my daily laps at AS2 w/FOX and then I thought I'd join CD3 for a few more laps. And I have this guy [K]Hash_Gordon or something like that who rams me once at T1, he clearly didnt break...much. Obviously I got off the track and he overtook me.

At the next lap (@T1) he rams the guy in front of me (can't remember his name), I see it clearly, they're like 10m in front of me. Unlike my accident though, they both spin. He clearly fell on the guy, he used him as a break for god's sake! I overtake both and Gordon_whoever is like 3" behind me. He eventually catches up and does the same thing! Hits me again from behind. All within 4-5 laps.

I decided I've had enough, complain, explain and vote to kick him. The other guy (who got rammed too) joins the voting and we both explain that this Gordon_whoever is a not-so-very-clean-driver (to say the least!)

You can imagine the result... Some of his teammates start laughing at us, I get blamed for being a whiner/childish/stupid/whatever, I get insulted, being told to go to my momma and 2-3 guys (who maybe knew gordon_whoever, Doghouse was one) take his part and blame us for the crash, say that's racing, stop whining etc.

I've run about 7000 laps, joined around 700 hosts (the numbers are not so great, I know, but I'm not a new player) and never before have I seen behaviour like this. This is truly sick.

I've had enough with these servers...:grumpy:

I dont think its the servers fault, if you have a replay please send it to colin@conedodgers.co.uk so i can see. Its impossible to sort out without one.
No, I'm not saying it's the servers' fault. It's just some people who go and drive there (especially when no admins are around). I don't have a replay, I never save my MP replays and I don't want any kind of measures taken anyway. I just wanted to say what happened.

I hope everything that needs improving in CD will improve, good luck people!

Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG