The online racing simulator
New Team: Team OMNI
(76 posts, started )
yea i re-sent it
ok but it still doesnt say when the trial is....
i cant trial yet because my schedule is filled for now. ill notify u when it is possible to assess (will be very soon). thanks
update:

new video will be released early summer! thanks for your patience.

@ harjun and anyone else: whats your view as to how this team is going along, just by looking at this thread? thanks
Quote from Team OMNI(R)-John :
@ harjun and anyone else: whats your view as to how this team is going along, just by looking at this thread? thanks

I don't think the team has been alive long enough and this thread doesn't give any real impression of your team.

You might have read about teams going from birth to death in less than a month and in some cases much, much less. 13 days is long enough to say anything, good or bad.

Just slowly build things up and gain members, look for leagues or if you have enough of a base (team members or other demo teams) start something up so you can meet and have a wrecker free league.

Don't start all this, "omg my team is not working" after only a few days, making a team is a long, long process (months) so just stick with it. If you want to avoid this 'forum team' tag I'd also use this section as little as possible, you have your own site so make the best use of it as well as other team sites you know.
Quote from garph :I don't think the team has been alive long enough and this thread doesn't give any real impression of your team.

You might have read about teams going from birth to death in less than a month and in some cases much, much less. 13 days is long enough to say anything, good or bad.

Just slowly build things up and gain members, look for leagues or if you have enough of a base (team members or other demo teams) start something up so you can meet and have a wrecker free league.

Don't start all this, "omg my team is not working" after only a few days, making a team is a long, long process (months) so just stick with it. If you want to avoid this 'forum team' tag I'd also use this section as little as possible, you have your own site so make the best use of it as well as other team sites you know.

thanks for your input and advice, but i believe my team has been around for at least a month and a half now. also, are there even any leagues currently established for demo except LFS demo league? and if not, is it possible to make an official league?

thanks again
Quote from Team OMNI(R)-John :....also, are there even any leagues currently established for demo except LFS demo league? and if not, is it possible to make an official league?

You can start a league, just make sure you think things through. Have a look in the leagues section to see what you need to think about, number of races, track configs, number of laps, pit stops, points, rules and regs, date and time (time zone) etc.

Before you do any of this see if you can get a server full of people first and have a practice race or just a few hours of racing. There is no use creating a league if you can't get good people to race in it week after week.
ok, ill take a look at the leagues section and try to make a server> but, when i make a server, it doesnt appear on the master server (it is set to be shown there). any suggestions anyone?
anyone?
forward ports on your router thing maybe?
im not much of a computer tech guy, so i dont know much about this kind of stuff . is there anywhere i can find in-depth instructions on how to make a server? thx
lfs manual
i was trying to avoid using that, but o well . its worth it. thanks
#65 - llew
If I were you (which I'm not) I'd start a new thread for questions like this.

People are viewing this thread to read about your team, not to give advice about port forwarding.

That way you'll get a quicker answer to your question, and a cleaner easier to read thread.

Llew.
by the way, John, if you buy S2, i suggest using a different username, beccause it can't be changed, and if you team falls apart or something (i'm sure it won't), it would be an embaressment to keep with the name
ok ill remember that if i do purchase it, but i dont think ill be buying s2, unless s3 isn't released this summer. btw: wat comes after the alpha stages of s2? beta? and what do those stages progress to? thx
S3 is due around 2009 or 2010. I dont think you will want to wait that long mate. It goes Alpha, Beta, and then S2 final. i think
wow 2009? u have to be kidding
im definitely not waiting that long to buy it, so i think ill get s2

news update:
-as the time that team omni will be officially started nears, i am going to make a league for selected demo teams to compete in frequently. ill let u knw when this happens
Quote from Team OMNI(R)-John :wow 2009? u have to be kidding

news update:
-as the time that team omni will be officially started nears, i am going to make a league for selected demo teams to compete in frequently. ill let u knw when this happens

are you stil insisting its, Out in a week like you did when you were floooding my emails with that?
Quote from Team OMNI(R)-John :wow 2009? u have to be kidding

news update:

I would definately suggest to you to get s2, its totally worth it! Best €36 i have ever spent and im sure that you will never regret it Yes, i do believe that s3 will be out 09/10 and it will probably be 2010, so it wont be a waste to buy s2

Good luck with the team btw
as of now, the team has officially begun (june 5). soon after practices, we will seek to establish a league and have many competitions for selected demo teams. post here if your team isn't well-known and if you want to have a chance to enter the competition. note that these teams won't be randomly selected but will be selected based on skill and other important factors of the team. ill PM the team leader if the team is invited to join. keep an eye out for new updates
update:

Go to http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=453682#post453682 for the official TOSC competitions thread

-competitions will take place soon (Team OMNI Selective Competitions (TOSC))
-date and time of the first TOSC competition has been selected (but is not official yet): June 18 at 5:00 pm (17:00) GMT (not official)
-first competition race: Blackwood GP Track Forward (15 laps) ; Server: *undecided*
-i'll give more information in this thread if necessary, so keep an eye out for updates
-4 demo teams will be selected (i will Private Message the selected team leaders and i will post the teams in this thread)
-3 members from each team will compete (@ team leaders: select your 3 best racers)

**Please post here any skilled demo teams that you think should join the competitions, or that aren't well-known, or if you are a demo team leader and want to join the competitions (please give information about the team also)**

Teams of interest (not official):
-BMW M Sport
-DFH
-ZION

**more to be added**

Thank you

Feel free to PM me for more information
are the team leaders on the list okay with the time and race? the race is approaching quickly, so everyone please write any grip race teams you know here. thanks
Like I posted before:

"TheDanishRacingTeam [TDRT] will not attend.

17th June you send a PM for a event taking place June 18 at 5:00 pm GMT (17:00) (not official)

I´m not saying we are not interested - but I just can´t plan a TDRT participation for a race on 1 day basis."

I now have seen your post in the other thread. Not official you say. Good.
Well, get me a official date and I´m able to give you an official answer..

Regards..

New Team: Team OMNI
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG