The online racing simulator
Well, a tipical sato happened

Btw, bravo to Sutil, midfield with the Spyker
Trulli's such a blue flag n00b

(a dropped blue flag is stuck in his sidepod)
Alonso is very close to Hamilton. Damn commercial breaks.
Quote from ajp71 :Trulli's such a blue flag n00b

The marshall is abit of a blue flag n00b. He has dropped 2 flags.

One blue flag is in trullis sidepod
One blue flag is still at the side of the track.
Quote from spiderbait90 :The marshall is abit of a blue flag n00b. He has dropped 2 flags.

One blue flag is in trullis sidepod
One blue flag is still at the side of the track.

You'd of thought he'd got the hang of not letting go of it the first time :doh:

EDIT - shame to see Heidfeld with a 'box full of neutrals Bringing an end to his impressive run.
Damn, hidraulic prob by heidfeld..

aaah

No good weekend for BMW
Not a bad drive by Hamilton, no one really shone today TBH. Disappointing for Alonso/Raikonen
I see Hamilton grabs his second win =)

Congrats to him =) I wonder what Alonso will say... He doesn't have much to stand on though, he had a chance to get around and he didn't capitalize on it.

The second 1/2 of the race was very boring aswell... not sure if I will watch another F1 race this season... I even fell asleep.
Go Hamilton
Quote from Viper93 :The second 1/2 of the race was very boring aswell... not sure if I will watch another F1 race this season... I even fell asleep.

Yeah, it would have been much more interesting if there were close battles between Hamilton and Alonso as well as Massa and Raikonnen, as well as a few others further back. Oh wait, that DID happen.

I don't know why it's so fashionable to knock F1, but I really enjoyed the race. And same with Hamilton. It's cool to say, 'well he's good but I dunno how good he is', 'he didn't really impress me', etc. Well, he's been on the podium in every race, for two races in a row he's started from pole and won, and in this last race he held off the 2-times world champion without too many problems. Sure, all drivers in F1 are pretty damn good to even get in F1, but a lot of others would have made mistakes in the same situation Hamilton was in. And for this to be a boring race, well what needs to happen to make it an interesting one? There was action all the way through the race, lots of passing.

Maybe saying all F1 races are boring and not impressive is a way of making oneself feel better than others, like they need an even better race than everyone else in order to enjoy it, in some elitist kind of way. Or perhaps F1 is just not their cup of tea and should try something else.

Viper, this whole post is not directed at you personally, just my general feelings on the topic...the only part that was directed at you was the first bit about the second half of the race.
WHEE! Go Hamilton! yay!
Quote from Michael Denham :....

I don't think anyone is seriously doubting that Hamilton has skill and talent more saying he hasn't proven himself to the level of the hype. Such as comparing him to Prost, Senna et al. I will admit I am one of these people. He does have skill and talent but he doesn't deserve (yet) being compared to the greats of F1.

The race was quite interesting though, a fair amount of overtaking and some good battles taking place. Button seemed to be in the thick of the action at times. All congratulations to Hamilton though.
Quote from Michael Denham :Yeah, it would have been much more interesting if there were close battles between Hamilton and Alonso as well as Massa and Raikonnen, as well as a few others further back. Oh wait, that DID happen.

I don't know why it's so fashionable to knock F1, but I really enjoyed the race. And same with Hamilton. It's cool to say, 'well he's good but I dunno how good he is', 'he didn't really impress me', etc. Well, he's been on the podium in every race, for two races in a row he's started from pole and won, and in this last race he held off the 2-times world champion without too many problems. Sure, all drivers in F1 are pretty damn good to even get in F1, but a lot of others would have made mistakes in the same situation Hamilton was in. And for this to be a boring race, well what needs to happen to make it an interesting one? There was action all the way through the race, lots of passing.

Maybe saying all F1 races are boring and not impressive is a way of making oneself feel better than others, like they need an even better race than everyone else in order to enjoy it, in some elitist kind of way. Or perhaps F1 is just not their cup of tea and should try something else.

Viper, this whole post is not directed at you personally, just my general feelings on the topic...the only part that was directed at you was the first bit about the second half of the race.

with all of the above, i agree 100%

once again, lewis showed what a class RACER he is.

as they say in Father Ted..........."go on, my son!"
#39 - J.B.
Quote from Michael Denham :Yeah, it would have been much more interesting if there were close battles between Hamilton and Alonso as well as Massa and Raikonnen, as well as a few others further back. Oh wait, that DID happen.

You nailed it. Anyone who thinks that race was boring or that LH and FA are not great drivers needs to stop following Motorsports.
"And the Super Best Friends did it again!" - David Hobbes, SPEED Channel comentator

That made the race for me

Gotta give congrats to Vettel... Little bugger is a year younger than me and he's got a point in an F1 race already. I'm enemployed, only going to be starting to get my Bachelor's degree this September, and I still live at home....

.. What the hell am I doing with my life? lol
Quote from MAGGOT :Gotta give congrats to Vettel... Little bugger is a year younger than me and he's got a point in an F1 race already. I'm enemployed, only going to be starting to get my Bachelor's degree this September, and I still live at home....

.. What the hell am I doing with my life? lol

All power to him, but IMO the current rules are thrusting unprepared drivers in to F1 - the NFL doesn't let players younger than 21 in (OK, it's different with college football being the only real way in and so-on), maybe there should be a minimum age for superlicences (20?).

BMW are in a situation where they have 3 equally great drivers and 2 cars, it's a shame that teams have to enter 2 cars, a 3 car BMW team would be great
Quote from Greboth :I don't think anyone is seriously doubting that Hamilton has skill and talent more saying he hasn't proven himself to the level of the hype. Such as comparing him to Prost, Senna et al. I will admit I am one of these people. He does have skill and talent but he doesn't deserve (yet) being compared to the greats of F1.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. I am certainly impressed with Hamilton so far, and I definitely see the potential for him to become the next really big thing in F1, but I agree we shouldn't be comparing him to the greats based on what we've seen so far.
some people might say his never had to defend etc etc, but imo thats a good thing, the best way of defensive driving, is to drive faster than everybody else, which is what he does, and when he gets attacked, he manages it, massa couldn't do it in malaysia, alonso couldn't do it today or last week, i know your not knocking him, but stop knocking him
I felt a bit bad for Alonso today actually. He was fastest all through practice, but Hamilton got pole by virtue of having a lighter car. Alonso's probably thinking "Well, I'll pass him in the pits" and then they bring his pit stop forward and wreck the whole thing!

I know it's a mirror of what happened in Monaco, but in Monaco Alonso was faster than Hamilton anyway and probably would've won it regardless. At Indy the race win was not a certainty for Hamilton by any stretch. Alonso could've won it if it wasn't for the potential of a safety car SNAFU making Ron Dennis wet his pants.
#45 - J.B.
Quote from thisnameistaken :and then they bring his pit stop forward and wreck the whole thing!

Is that a fact? Haven't heard about it.
Quote from J.B. :Is that a fact? Haven't heard about it.

Hmm. Good point - it might just be a rumour. But Alonso pitted the lap after Hamilton, and Hamilton was about 3/10 a lap quicker before the pit stops which suggests Alonso had a few more laps of fuel. Especially when you consider that Alonso had been faster all weekend.
This is going to be an interesting season if Hamilton and Alonso stay so evenly matched on pace. Good on Alonso to play the team game in the closing stages as there was really no point in the two knocking wheels because the pace was too close for either one of them to get a good clean run.

Been a while since I can remember two team mates being so equally matched. Anyone who thinks Hamilton is `thrashing` Alonso needs to open their eyes and watch the timing sheets... So what Alonso had a poor run in Canada, big deal. There are still another 10 rounds left and who knows what Hamilton might do. Who knows how he might react to a big shunt because of his tail happy driving style... At the moment he is on a high but there is nothing stopping it from coming crashing down, something I don't think he is used to.
Quote from Greboth :I don't think anyone is seriously doubting that Hamilton has skill and talent more saying he hasn't proven himself to the level of the hype. Such as comparing him to Prost, Senna et al. I will admit I am one of these people. He does have skill and talent but he doesn't deserve (yet) being compared to the greats of F1.

I agree. I find it hard to believe anybody is anything other than impressed by what Hamilton is doing. Great car or not, he's making it look a bit easy isn't he? If he keeps it up we'll be saying that the current crop of F1 drivers are, with one exception, a poor bunch (hmm someone will probably say that exact thing in reply to this comment).
You can compare him with anyone you want, but it would be madness to suggest that if he gave up tomorrow he would be looked back on as "one of the greats". I think when we compare past drivers with one another we compare their legend, and 7 podium finishes, inc 2 wins, in the best car (however unfathomably impressive that still is) do not a legend make.
I hope Hamilton wins more often, because the only races this season that where thrilling to watch are when he has won, Fissi in the mickey mouse part of the track was superb today, and the battle between the McLarens until Ron pulled them off was great.

I think a lot was made of Alonso loosing his temperament and 'having something to say'. To me he said it all when he swung at the pit wall. He'd clearly been given an order and they still had a pit stop to go, but James Allen was too dim witted to spot it and kept commentating like the battle was still on until "12 laps to go".

I think it's a shame that McLaren are giving orders to maintain position so early in the race, that was shaping up to be a great fight and I for one would like to have seen our new super star tested by the double champion.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I felt a bit bad for Alonso today actually. He was fastest all through practice, but Hamilton got pole by virtue of having a lighter car. Alonso's probably thinking "Well, I'll pass him in the pits" and then they bring his pit stop forward and wreck the whole thing!

I know it's a mirror of what happened in Monaco, but in Monaco Alonso was faster than Hamilton anyway and probably would've won it regardless. At Indy the race win was not a certainty for Hamilton by any stretch. Alonso could've won it if it wasn't for the potential of a safety car SNAFU making Ron Dennis wet his pants.

Actually thats not entirely acurate. If Alonso's pit stop was brought forward, it was only by a lap or so.
And, i was watching the live timing feed while the race was on. In the laps when they were'nt affected by backmarkers Lewis was on average 1 or 2 tenths quicker than Alonso.
As far as Alonso being quicker than Lewis through practice, you gotta remember Lewis had never driven this track before, and by all accounts its one of the trickiest on the calender to find the best setup. If i heard correctly Alonso's side of the garage ar'nt sharing setups' or strategies with Hamilton's team !

I gotta say, i first heard about Hamilton about 5/6 years ago, and i knew he had real talent. And after GP2 last year i knew he was gonna cause a bit of a stir when he joined F1, but, i never thought he would be in with a real shout of winning the championship in his rookie year. Whether he does or does'nt, you can't deny the kids done good !

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG