The online racing simulator
24 hours of Le Mans 2007
(177 posts, started )
Quote from pigi :LMP1: Pescarolo, Peugeot, Audi
LMP2: Lota
GT1: C6R, Aston
Gt2: Ferrary, LAmbo, Porshe
Other didnt remember.

This what I remember. But I am not shure about GT!!!!!
So if I am not right correct me .

OPEN COCKPITS: They have this plans to ban this cockpits because if some bamper from other car whill fly to ure head!
Le MAns will be able to pay for that! And they dont need this. But its just plans and theory!
But this prototypes sooo nice with this open cockpits. But peugeot almost have full closed cockpit.

Lamborghini, Chevy and Ferrari are in GT1, Panoz, Spyker, etc... are in GT2
#27 - pigi
Quote from h3adbang3r :Lamborghini, Chevy and Ferrari are in GT1, Panoz, Spyker, etc... are in GT2

thank you ^^

But yeah this lighst on side of cars. On qualification comentator says that
thsi show pozition in class.
(1 pos=1 light) I think its good Idea to make this lights. Realy in night its hard to see who are who.
Quote from GFresh :
Perhaps an 'LFS does Le Mans' event could be organised for next year?? It could be great

Let's keep that idea bubbling - I would be really into that. Last time I went was when the Jags came in first and second. Looooong time ago Its a superb event; enjoyable from the moment you drive onto the ferry!

@Maggot... Not a fan of the Peugeot's design either... Cockpit shape makes it look like something Captain Nemo would step into.
Heh, I could see this working out well. No need to make up any specific number of people and way less polls to organise. Should be a breeze really. I'll be curious how many people might be interested. Perhaps post also in RSC and see how many other sim racers are going?
Quote from h3adbang3r :Lamborghini, Chevy and Ferrari are in GT1, Panoz, Spyker, etc... are in GT2

There's also the Ferrari F430s in GT2. Speaking of which, are there even any 575s or 550s entered at LeMans this year (they would be the GT1 cars).

Quote from pigi :But yeah this lighst on side of cars. On qualification comentator says that
thsi show pozition in class.
(1 pos=1 light) I think its good Idea to make this lights. Realy in night its hard to see who are who.

Are they using those at LeMans? IIRC this was something that the ALMS started using, but LeMans wasn't. Could be wrong, though. Sounds like they're using it now in either case.

Quote from Bob Smith :Heh, I could see this working out well. No need to make up any specific number of people and way less polls to organise. Should be a breeze really. I'll be curious how many people might be interested. Perhaps post also in RSC and see how many other sim racers are going?

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on what it would cost for a Canuck to go to LeMans? I spose I'll need boarding, flight and race ticket approximate cost. If it's low enough, then I just might be joining you guys
Quote from MAGGOT :There's also the Ferrari F430s in GT2. Speaking of which, are there even any 575s or 550s entered at LeMans this year (they would be the GT1 cars).

Actually yes... kind of old car though

67 CONVERS MENX TEAM (RUS)

FERRARI 550 MARANELLO (5853A)

A.VASILIEV (RUS)
T.KOSTKA (CZE)
R.PERSL (CZE)

1st qualifying results: http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/pages/chronos_gb.html

Ouch, a 550. I'd have thought they'd at least use the 575, since it's only like 4 years old as apposed to about 6 by now. LOL
Well, I be getting up in 9 hours, taking a bus to airport and heading to France

All started when someone on IRC told me that there is a Ford GT40 on show at some local "sparepart shop" along with Force Dynamics 301 running LFS on it.

I decided to go and see the car, was way more intrested in trying out lfs on FD tho .
So I arrived the scene and first thing I sw was the FD machine. there was one guys just getting off from it and some mildly elder man ready to take a ride,
So once I reserved my spot next in the line the guy was on his last lap (Everyone was allowed to drive 3 laps with 2 of them flying, combo was BL1 with BF1) Man gets wide in t1, rejoins barely the track, hits the barriers, takes a moonflight and I´m pretty sure crapped his pants once the FD went nuts

So, the man cripples off the machine and it gets to my turn, god damn, the thing moves was my first reactions, cant really remember the laps anymore but I got my best lap that recorded for the competition on my first flying one, cocked up the next.
The time was 1.00.1 (mind the slowness, the setup was horrible, lacked 30km/h on the back straight 0/30 df settings etc) at that point the time was about 4 full seconds faster than the 2nd fastest, but seeing that I lost 8secs to the WR didnt quite satisfie me. I got off the thing and all I saw was :bigeyes2::bigeyes2: from the employees, then they informed me that the 1st price was a trip to lemans, and then I was all O: .

They visited around 10-15 citys and towns and about a month ago I received a call and was informed that I be going to the Le Mans. inhaled my coffees then too

Sorry for the OT and the text, but I´m just like a little kid waiting when to open the Christmas presents

What will Ferrari use as the GT car now instead of the 550 and 575 :S
Quote from (-Mark-) :Just wondering, do The LMPs have White lights and the GTs have Yellowish lights, or is it just random

That colour headlights. Rather silly, if anything it should be LMP1 and GT1 with white and LMP2 and GT2 with yellow ...

Pug for LMP1 provided it's car 8, I have never liked JV.
A Spyker for GT2

Off topicish : It's a shame that the ACO won't let FIA cars race when FIA let ACO cars enter - Whilst there may be some issues with a merged new WSC, a common set of technical regulations for GT ===> Mazza MC Hammers at LM

Quote :What will Ferrari use as the GT car now instead of the 550 and 575 :S

F430. Been raced in ALMS. Shame that the Enzo was never raced *sobs*
Thats Awesome, congrats!
Quote from DeKo :a bit early, but does anybody know of any feeds where we can watch this race?

Motors Tv (Channel 413 sky) will show full 24 hour coverage as usual, starts are 14:00 GMT Saturday til 14:30 Sunday, which is a shame cos I'm going to a military festival Saturday, bummer. Hope the race is good though.
Quote from duke_toaster :

F430. Been raced in ALMS. Shame that the Enzo was never raced *sobs*

Should have said it more clearly, i mean in the GT1 category rather then GT2

anyone watching it on Motors tv now, wow its wet
Quote from Jonesy_ :...

I hate you so much right now.

Quote from (-Mark-) :What will Ferrari use as the GT car now instead of the 550 and 575 :S

With any luck the 599 will see GT1 track time. That is in no way official information, just hopes and wishes on my end. ProDrive did the 550 and 575 cars, and they are currently tied up developing the DBR9. Developing a Ferrari could be seen as a conflict of interest possibly, so if the 599 (or other Ferrari car) is turned into a GT1 car, it most likely wouldn't be them I don't think. Time will tell..

Quote from duke_toaster :That colour headlights. Rather silly, if anything it should be LMP1 and GT1 with white and LMP2 and GT2 with yellow ...

P1 has white, P2 has blue, GT1 has green, GT2 has yellow. Each class is a different colour so that everyone knows what class of car is around them. How is that silly?

On another note... Apparently we will see the resurgance of the GT1 class of the late 90s. These cars can make a start in competition as soon as next year, and in 2011 the current P1 cars will be banned. Endurance-Info has posted an article which covers the annual ACO meeting; it includes some notes about the future of P1. Now, I don't speak french and apparently babelfish doesn't speak it very well, either, so I'm not sure if the C6R pictured there is a concept from the website, or from the ACO themselves. Can anyone here who is fluent in both English and French clarify that?
So soon, it could be like 98 with the (insert cars here) as the GT1? or have i misinterpreted something
Quote from MAGGOT :Ouch, a 550. I'd have thought they'd at least use the 575, since it's only like 4 years old as apposed to about 6 by now. LOL

I guess some Russian/Czech millionaires wants to have some fun and decided to buy a retired race car...

Quote from duke_toaster :Off topicish : It's a shame that the ACO won't let FIA cars race when FIA let ACO cars enter - Whilst there may be some issues with a merged new WSC, a common set of technical regulations for GT ===> Mazza MC Hammers at LM

What you mean "won't let"? Are you talking about the automatic invitations from ALMS etc and LMES series but not from FIA GT?

That new GT1 class sounds promising. At least ACO tries to develope it to something better unlike FIA that just likes to screw up everything.
Quote from MAGGOT :Can anyone give me a rough estimate on what it would cost for a Canuck to go to LeMans? I spose I'll need boarding, flight and race ticket approximate cost. If it's low enough, then I just might be joining you guys

Prices for me are in pounds so you'll need to convert...

General Admission Ticket: £55

Grandstands are expensive and on the whole not really worth bothering with (IMO). There is one exception, being the grandstand above the pits. I'm not sure which one that is though. Prices vary but look to be about £124.

Hotels I've never considered, I've always camped. I consider that somewhat essential to the experience.
If I go, and assuming I've only one other travelling with me, then I have a spare tent you could kip in, that's £53 for the whole time you're there, in this example that would be split 3 ways.
Otherwise, a hotel you'd need to look up on your own.

Travel: No idea where in Canada you could come from (Ontario is a big place), or where in France you could get to. Then I'm unsure how close you'll end up to Le Mans, or how to get there. More to research on your own.

Hope that helps.
Quote from deggis :
What you mean "won't let"? Are you talking about the automatic invitations from ALMS etc and LMES series but not from FIA GT?

FIA GT allows cars that conform to either their or the ACO's technical regulations. The ACO only allow their spec cars and not the FIA GT cars. This effects few people, but it does affect Maserati as the MC 12 is a little too long and a little too wide for ACO.
Quote from Bob Smith :Prices for me are in pounds so you'll need to convert...

General Admission Ticket: £55

Grandstands are expensive and on the whole not really worth bothering with (IMO). There is one exception, being the grandstand above the pits. I'm not sure which one that is though. Prices vary but look to be about £124.

Hotels I've never considered, I've always camped. I consider that somewhat essential to the experience.
If I go, and assuming I've only one other travelling with me, then I have a spare tent you could kip in, that's £53 for the whole time you're there, in this example that would be split 3 ways.
Otherwise, a hotel you'd need to look up on your own.

Travel: No idea where in Canada you could come from (Ontario is a big place), or where in France you could get to. Then I'm unsure how close you'll end up to Le Mans, or how to get there. More to research on your own.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to look for an airport close to LeMans. I'd be taking off from the Toronto airport

Quote from duke_toaster :FIA GT allows cars that conform to either their or the ACO's technical regulations. The ACO only allow their spec cars and not the FIA GT cars. This effects few people, but it does affect Maserati as the MC 12 is a little too long and a little too wide for ACO.

That's Maserati's fault for not building it to the ACO rules. IIRC, they tried to get it in twice, and both times it was denied because of dimensions. You'd think they could do some simple math...
Quote from duke_toaster :FIA GT allows cars that conform to either their or the ACO's technical regulations. The ACO only allow their spec cars and not the FIA GT cars. This effects few people, but it does affect Maserati as the MC 12 is a little too long and a little too wide for ACO.

Ok, I've probably known that but didn't think it right now.

Someone gave that French link that had speculation about the future, so if this new class will see the day light, it's going to be "LMGT1" or whatever as the top class, then the prototypes (current LMP2) and two GT classes? Sounds great... Maybe even Japs could be interested again, would at least bring more variety. GT1 is kinda boring now, only Corvettes and Astons. And that one ancient Ferrari 550.
That's what I get from the article; but babelfish seems to have troubles with the French language. hahaha
http://www.tvunetworks.com

You need to install the TVU Player, then through it you can watch a channel called "53060 Wheels" that is actually Speed TV. It doesn't show full coverage though, there's F1, Nascar and other crap between...

for Bob: everything on that is not probably 100% legal, it follows DMCA guidelines like Youtube and basicly leaves the choice for users... well remove the link if you think it's too illegal
#48 - pigi
daaamn yestarday all day long I was away so i didnt saw what was on qualification only I know there PEUGEOT made spin.
So can some body tell what results was there yestarday who will be start on first 5 pozitions in LMP1 ????

24 hours of Le Mans 2007
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG