The online racing simulator
Fruity loops 5
(30 posts, started )
Quote from thisnameistaken :Of course Cubase is better - it's a proper, grown-up sequencer. Reason isn't competing with Cubase.

As for FL... I suppose it comes down to personal taste. I find it practically unusable. The cutesy interface gets in the way. It seems to be popular with bedroom dance record producers but I don't know any proper musicians who rate it.

Many top producers of house, electro, progressive and minimal using FL... with "tons" of vst's and hardware.. Smile Really many... Wink I know theys... Wink heh
#27 - col
Quote from thisnameistaken :I never liked the FruityLoops interface, it's just too much of an arse to use.

have to agree with that Smile
Quote :
Whereas Reason has an excellent, intuitive interface. I can work much faster with that.

I disagree - reason has too many restrictions caused by its odd use of the 'rack' as its 'hardware metaphor'... but then I compare all these apps to Orion, and that has far and away the easiest and most intuitive interface... combined with serious quality effects and synths... (the realtime impulse reverb is amazing, as are the sampler and 'WaspXT')
Quote :
...I wouldn't use it for anything serious, but for putting demos together and trying out ideas it's great - so quick to work with.

Have you tried Orion seriously - ie. for a few days rather than minutes ?
Nothing can compare for throwing ideas together quickly.... but it can take you all the way through to the pre-mastering stage (most serious musicians get their mastering done by mastering engineers anyway)...
For all the weird and crazy stuff that Orion is not designed to do, Reaktor is the NUTS Smile, and of course they work together really well Smile)

cheers

Col
Quote from GieTe-R :
Ableton? Good only for CJ (DJ on PC).

Soooooo untrue!Razz

Very cool tunes, btw Thumbs up
Quote from thisnameistaken :Of course Cubase is better - it's a proper, grown-up sequencer. Reason isn't competing with Cubase.

As for FL... I suppose it comes down to personal taste. I find it practically unusable. The cutesy interface gets in the way. It seems to be popular with bedroom dance record producers but I don't know any proper musicians who rate it.

Mike Oldfield uses(d) it. Big grin
Quote from col :I disagree - reason has too many restrictions caused by its odd use of the 'rack' as its 'hardware metaphor'...

I think I like that. I don't know why but that appeals to me. I thought it would be too contrived but it helped me focus on my ideas rather than the software.

Quote from col :but then I compare all these apps to Orion, ... Have you tried Orion seriously - ie. for a few days rather than minutes ?

Honestly, no. I'll have to take a look.

Quote from Darkone55 :(regarding FruityLoops) Mike Oldfield uses(d) it. Big grin

Beastie Boys recorded vocals through karaoke machines but it doesn't mean anyone else should do it. Wink

Fruity loops 5
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG