The online racing simulator
Tyres Temp Spikes In Offline Practice
(7 posts, started )
Ok the plan was to learn the ropes in the rear wheel drive cars offline but I seem to have come across possible bug.

A little history first - previously My set up consisted of a MS FFB wheel and due to pedals not working I had to assign Buttons to Throttle and Brake which meant RW drive cars were impossible to drive.

Now to coincide with Patch X I have a brand new Logitech DFP which last night I broke my PB on Aston National in the FXR - 1:43:08 - Online in Team Server.

Now today the Plan was to vist Conedodgers 1 ask for setups for FZR (thanks N I K I and Checkout ) and then to practice offline and see if I can get down to run consistant 41's or low 42's.

Now the problem is that in practice offline even though I am taking it very easy and being as precise as possible the front tyre temps Jump or spike from 80 to 120+ (Flickering between the two very quickly All The Time) then on just lap 3 or 4 the front left blows under braking - this happens on both sets I acquired and it is making practice impossible.

As you can see from the replay I'm not pushing the boundary's at all as I'm just trying to get up to speed before I start pushing my times down - N I K I and Checkout were running these set ups at full chat in the Conedodgers server for the usual 10 laps running 1:41's.

Something has to be seriously wrong here ?

Replay Offline Practice :
Attached files
Tyre Temp Spikes ^q.spr - 290.9 KB - 369 views
#2 - Jakg
You locked up and flat-spotted your tyres - not a bug
Yeah but Jakg I watched the lads online and they all lock up momentarily numerous times every lap (more so than what I'm doing in the replay).

Replays Added After Jakg's comment.

Take a look at the replay and look at the tyre temp spiking and I'm nowhere near as aggressive as the lads online in a race

I've also noticed Puffs of smoke as i'm going down the straights from the left side of the car as if the tyres rubbing ? strange as there's no damage and weight is set the same as what the lads were running online.

I'll try it online in the team server and see if I get the same result.

Definite difference between the two replays when online with the same setup I really forced the brakes to lock up at all the slow corners and the tyre eventually blew on lap 6.
Attached files
Tyre Online Temps.mpr - 120 KB - 316 views
The tyre blowing up is due to the fact that you are indeed locking up, perhaps in the same corner everytime, (a violent brake) hence... u shread skin off the tyres surface roughly in the same place... its a normal thing if your blocking like crazy.

Dont let LFS fool you, some times due to lag, lfs thinks that another player locked so it shows but in reality he didnt(or did but for a very very short time) Thats the difference between a good driver and a not so good driver, when they brake... tthey brake up till the limit.
By the way, online (also in MPRs) you only see the average tyre temperature, not the temperature of individual sections. If they flat-/hotspot a section badly it only shows as little increase in average temperature, but the driver locally actually sees the flashing sections, too. Only single player replays run at full detail.

More info on tyre temps can be found here.
Cheers lads and thanks for the link AndroidXP.

It's just that the difference from practice offline to the online experience is a big difference as from lap 2 online I purposefully shredded the tyres.

Still the link does not explain why the tyres last longer online.
I might add - to avoid confusion - online you of course see your own tyre temperatures accurately, just when spectating someone else you see the average temps.

One thing you have to consider is that when online for the FZR you now have the handicaps applied, so the FZR is indeed quite different to drive online compared to offline practising. The added weight (80kg) does help to prevent lockups, as the front tyres have more grip then (especially if you put the weight 100% forward).

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG