The online racing simulator
They sucked in S1, they still suck in S2, hence no-one drives them...
the LX cars rock! i was in that server racing the lx4 on kynat. really good fun imo.

ive been using it more recently and loving it! who wants to start a full time lx4 server then
At the risk of being called a heretic, I found that LX6 with slickmod was a blast. The car still has enough under the hood to keep you cautious in low speed corners but the extra grip makes that car so much more driveable.
Quote from Batterypark :At the moment there's nothing in LFS to keep me interested. Mostly I'm playing [clip] NFS:MW now.

That makes me sad.
Quote from axus :
:noob:

I would appreciate it if you would take that back. I've played LFS for nearly three years, and for more than two years it was my most played PC game.
page 1 of this thread is about member 46811 calling member 456 thats he's a noob.

next please.
Heh, the LX8 seems a lot more driveable that I would have thought. And on road tyres too!
Quote from Bob Smith :Heh, the LX8 seems a lot more driveable that I would have thought. And on road tyres too!

Not all of us are lucky enough to have tried the LX8!:mad:
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Bob Smith :Heh, the LX8 seems a lot more driveable that I would have thought. And on road tyres too!

Hehe, i've been watching this thread and was about to mention something myself
I'm sure we could give those LX-twins a little push...
EDIT: northing, found it out by myself.
Quote from Blowtus :Any thoughts? Just had a look at the online car usage stats... do people find them too hard to make a setup for? Or just plain don't like them?
If anyones interested, I made the following lx4 set the other day. Easiest lx4 set I've driven by a fair way, landed me half a second better than wr time after a few races on westhill.
P'raps I'm just a little kooky, I'd just like to see more interest in cars other than the fast, downforce things...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~cdriver/LX4_blackwood_rev.set

Your setup feels ok, but I'm very impressed that you did a lap of 1:54.40 or better round Westhill with it. Post the replay if you've got one
sinbad You LX lapper :P
I had one LX6 race at Aston a VERY long time ago and I Loved it, but mostly there is no Leagues where the LX's would be used, but these cars are really lovable if You start driving them and learn how to do it properly.
Quote from RudiTurbo :sinbad You LX lapper :P

I only hotlap it because usually nobody is racing them online
sinbads set ups are seriously good, i got to get a lx6 setup from you sometime, your lx4 ones are dialed!
Quote from deggis :http://supervroum.noalia.net/chameau/spy

Who dares to say LX4/6 is a boring car after watching those videos?

course1_nogaro_inboard_voiture_18.wmv is really cool from 24:20 and on. The fight and double run-in with the green car illepall. Was the green guy's fault, I think.

Anyhoo. The vids show them sliding around a lot too, so those things aren't exactly easy to drive in RL either .
-
Quote from Stealthy04 :sinbads set ups are seriously good, i got to get a lx6 setup from you sometime, your lx4 ones are dialed!

I couldnt agree more

Alot of setups are good, its just finding the right one to match your driving style. Sinbads setups seem to do this perfectly. I have tried both the LX4 and XRR setups and they worked wonders with my laptimes.

I am eagerly awaiting a 'Sinbad Setup pack' Any chance you could post your own setups Sinbad?

Also, if anyone wants a LX4 race, just pop into dSRC server. If im there just ask, and ill go setup our other server if it isnt being used.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm as slow as Captain Joe "Ponderously" Slow drinking sloe gin on a slow boat to Slow-venia.

Never heard that one before, I love it.

Quote : I'm a bit happier with the LX4 and it's a lot of fun to drive, but bumps and dips are still a bit of a gamble. Do you think getting comfortable with the 4 will help ease me into learning to control the 6?

Also: I've found the 4 likes to squirm around a lot under braking, which is fun but not always ideal when trying to line up a corner as it tends to slide off the circuit in braking zones with a lot of camber - is this normal behaviour or should I be looking to modify the setup?

I was driving LX4 at a track I can't remember now, the other night. It was beautiful. I thought, "I'm gonna get out my trusty LX6 (which is quite trusty, BTW) and see what I can do with that." 10 or 15 laps later and I'm still only within a second of my LX4 times for exactly the reasons you mention.

Also, I've noticed that some LXx set do get squirmy. No idea why, but the two sets I keep going back to are Bob's Easy Race for LX4, and Road Going for LX6. The squirm factor is really low with these sets on my computer, with my style.

The LX6 set is based on Bob's, the LX4 is Bob's.
Attached files
LX4_Easy Race.set - 132 B - 949 views
LX6_Fe_Gol_test.set - 132 B - 928 views
I don't take any credit for the LX4 setups I'm currently using. I did have one of my own, and I liked it, but then someone gave me Renku's South City Long setup, which had very low tyre-pressures and virtually no rear anti-roll, (as posted on Setupfield) and suddenly mine felt like crap. Any setup I've been using in the last few months is a derivative of that, and there'll only be very minor differences, I don't think I've changed much at all to be honest.

LX4 is by far my favourite car, just the right amount of power, and not too much rubber on the road.

I'd like some races online with the CSR260 mekanik preset I made (slick mod also required) though.
Quote from sinbad :Your setup feels ok, but I'm very impressed that you did a lap of 1:54.40 or better round Westhill with it. Post the replay if you've got one

sorry, it was westhill rev. best lap ended up at 154.20 I think. Forgot to save the last race of the night (where I kept bettering pb/wr) but my wr lap is 154.67, viewable at lfsworld. If you're keen I'll post up and find someone who saved the last replay.
The setup seems to turn off people who are already good in the 4, because it doesn't feel like the 4 so much any more Just modified the set slightly and lapped bl rev 3 tenths under my own wr... obviously the lx4 on rev tracks is hardly the most difficult wr's to beat, but it seems a fair indication that the set is working

edit: sorry again!! when I say '154.20' I mean '156.22' confusing myself with bl rev times, which incidentally has just been annihilated
Quote from thisnameistaken :
Also: I've found the 4 likes to squirm around a lot under braking, which is fun but not always ideal when trying to line up a corner as it tends to slide off the circuit in braking zones with a lot of camber - is this normal behaviour or should I be looking to modify the setup?

In real life the super 7 type cars don't generate a lot of downforce and in high speed breaking the back end gets very light and wandery. I've seen a few of the SEiGHT drivers with rear diffusers fitted as they're hitting 150+mph which is a terrifying prospect in a 7! Part of the "joy" of the LX type cars is their scittish handling.
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh right. Now I can stop moving the brake balance all over the place...

OT: Did your PC arrive yet?

I just put the PC together
Just gotta get the dfp going now.
Spent the whole day on Sunday ('till 3am) trying to learn the tracks in the LX6. I can hardly keep the thing on the track, but it's a hoot! Great tool for learning the tracks though, doesn't 'arf remind you to keep things smooth!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG