The online racing simulator
Kubica Crash
(93 posts, started )
Kubica Crash
Its nearly a wonder that he survived this heavy crash!

The news just arrived that he is okay.

The monocoque worked perfectly this time, all parts fell of and only the monocoque and the engine were together.

I saw the crash live and thought about Sennas crash, it was very similar. My first mind was: " Oh my god, this crash he cannot survive..."

Compliment to the security of F1!
IF that was back in the 90s no way would he have walked away from that..

hope hes ok, look very bad
#3 - amp88
Some people won't be watching the race live and will want not to hear anything about it before they do so. Please rename the topic so you don't give it away to those people. There's also discussion about it in the Canadian GP thread, so I suspect your thread will be closed or merged with that thread.
Spoiler alert! Please put a *SPOILER* in the title!
I heard in Spanish televison that he "only" broken a leg, but he´s okay. I hope he can race as soon as possible, I always liked him as a race driver

GOOD LUCK KUBICA
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :Ier.I saw the crash live and thought about Sennas crash, it was very similar. My first mind was: " Oh my god, this crash he cannot survive..."

I thought the worst myself...had a very bad feeling about it.

The crash reminded me of LFS servers in the last couple of days
I got badly shaken up seeing that crash, I had to look away at the replays because it just brought back so many unwelcome memories. I'm am so glad he only sustained a broken leg, when I saw him flopping about like that I was thinking the worst. It really is a miracle that he has got out of it alive, and shows why the FIA are so strict on the rules, they can't afford people jumping red lights or entering pits when they are not meant to.
The news says that he isn't injured. He has blackout after the crash. In monday Kubica is getting out of hospital and BMW Sauber team is thinking about race next weekend.

Good luck
I just saw that news on Autosport...stunned, how did he get out of that without ANY injuries!!!
Quote from amp88 :Some people won't be watching the race live and will want not to hear anything about it before they do so. Please rename the topic so you don't give it away to those people. There's also discussion about it in the Canadian GP thread, so I suspect your thread will be closed or merged with that thread.

Near fatal crash and you're whining about spoilers?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I just saw that news on Autosport...stunned, how did he get out of that without ANY injuries!!!

Even though the monocoque stayed in one piece the forces involved must've been massive. A few big impacts, some spinning, and a lot of flying debris. They must make 'em tough in Poland!
Looked like it could of been even worse if he had hit some of the safety vehicles instead of the wall
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I just saw that news on Autosport...stunned, how did he get out of that without ANY injuries!!!

Hmmm, an equally horrifying crash in CCS, and Katherine only walked away with bruises:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h2iqmliVMk
At Road America, and that corner is a fast one.

Amazing safety even in open wheelers these days....
Quote from deggis :Near fatal crash and you're whining about spoilers?

Some of the community don't have the opportunity to watch the race live and savour the thought of watching it later without knowing what happened. In the past I've had the results of races spoilt by news broadcasts or friends/family and it's really annoying when you were looking forward to it. I realise you're a bit pissed with me for reminding you about not hotlinking clips, but come on...this is a bit weak to pull me up on, surely?
I put some clips together and the pictures I have of the crash, just thought I would do my bit to document it.

http://www.livevideo.com/video ... bica-canada-2007-f1-.aspx

EDIT:

Trulli shocked by Kubica's crash

Jarno Trulli admitted he was shocked by Robert Kubica's accident during the Canadian Grand Prix, and the Italian driver said he was not to blame for it.

BMW Sauber driver Kubica made contact with the rear of Trulli's Toyota on the approach to the hairpin on lap 27, his car going off the track and slamming into a concrete wall at high speed before going into a series of rolls.

Trulli said he had done nothing wrong, but admitted he was very worried about the Pole driver.

"I hadn't seen him. The last time I saw him, he was on my left hand side on the other part of the circuit, then he must have hit me on the other side because I had a cut on my right rear tyre," Trulli told reporters after the race.

"So I think he must have moved or he had a failure - I have no idea honestly.

"Honestly, I didn't move – I kept on my line and didn't even move," he added. "The last time I saw Robert he was on my left hand side and apparently he turned right and I had no idea what he was doing. I just kept my line.

"I saw Robert's manager and he was the first person I saw afterwards. I know I am a driver but I am also a human being and I am very shocked.

"I kept my line and I was hit up the back. I was pretty shocked for one stage because we had safety car and medical car and I didn't have much information and I had a flat tyre. So many things that I couldn't get a grip on."

Kubica was flown by helicopter to a hospital in Montreal after he was extracted from his wrecked car.

Although further checks revealed the Pole had escaped serious injury, Trulli said there were lessons to be learned about track safety.

"Until the accident doesn't happen, everything is fine and we can calculate everything but I've seen the accident today and it was massive and there was something pretty wrong there with the angle of the barrier," Trulli added.

"Obviously, we try to do our best as drivers but it was a missing element that none of us expected to see – unfortunately it happened and the circumstances can be quite bad.

"This must be an experience for future races on this track and also street circuits where it also raises a problem. They are always safe as long as there are no accidents or special incidents – like Robert's – what happened in the race I don't really care anymore because honestly I'm shocked by what I saw what happened to Robert.

"I don't care about how the race went; I don't care about the safety cars; I don't care about anything."
Reports here: gpupdate
tsn

indicate it may be a broken leg or ankle. It looked horrible, the way the car planed and came down onto the wall.

Also this isn't really a spoiler, unless you'd be pleasantly surprised to see a crash like this.
Quote from amp88 :Some of the community don't have the opportunity to watch the race live and savour the thought of watching it later without knowing what happened. In the past I've had the results of races spoilt by news broadcasts or friends/family and it's really annoying when you were looking forward to it.

I know that very well, in here we don't have free TV coverage anymore... F1 went under pay-tv this season but I probably would still prefer to hear soon as possible if someone got injured or something even if it would spoil the race.

Quote :I realise you're a bit pissed with me for reminding you about not hotlinking clips, but come on...this is a bit weak to pull me up on, surely?

What? No I replied before posting the links
#19 - JJ72
Motorsport is never too safe.
It was very scary, seeing him to go airborne with nearly a chance to brake was a shock. Later I saw it again and he takes a first impact in the right front wheel with something, I think that helped to reduce some speed and take the big impact in a better angle.

But he was nearly "sent to spectate"
In Polish race track, the track drives you.
the small impact with the front right wheel had nearly no effect, the wheels suspension just broke and the car continues its way as if there was nothing
It was the most (or one of the most) horrible crash I have ever seen. I must admit I was terrified when I saw Robert not moving and medical crew bustling around wrecked car.

News that he is almost unhurt is just fantastic, especially for polish fans. Imagine, 15 years ago he'd be dead three times in such an accident...

BTW, Kubica is pronounced "ku-be-tsah", NOT "ku-be-ka", as you heard in Hamilton's radio
pronounced not spelt

honestly i think people are over reacting to this crash. Yes it was a big one but i wouldnt say anywhere near fatal. The car exploded and didnt stop dead so that takes away a big chunk of the huge impact.
Quote from sil3ntwar :pronounced not spelt

honestly i think people are over reacting to this crash. Yes it was a big one but i wouldnt say anywhere near fatal. The car exploded and didnt stop dead so that takes away a big chunk of the huge impact.

pronounced, right

maybe overreacting a bit, but it looked damn scary

Kubica Crash
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG