The online racing simulator
#1 - FL!P
FlipCams - 5 custom views per car
LFS most conveniently allows you to define a custom view (often called the Wheels View). From the "Options > View > Custom" screen you can define the location of the camera, whether the car's body, the driver and the steering wheel are visible or not, whether the camera reflects accelerations or not, etc. This is great and very flexible. But there is only one custom view per car.

This suite, composed of an executable and a series of LFS scripts, allows to save and use five different custom views per car, and to cycle through them by pressing one of two hotkeys (by default CTRL+F12 to switch to the next camera, and CTRL+F11 to switch the previous one). For example, the attached image shows the custom views I'm currently using with the BF1.

FlipCams comes with an installer that takes care of everything. Run it, select your LFS folder, your preferred hotkeys (ALT+Fkeys or CTRL+Fkeys), and it does the rest. You can then launch LFS and start using FlipCams right away.

Patch X to Z are required for versions up to 1.0.2 of FlipCams, and patch Z25 is required for 1.0.3. Thank again to Scawen for having implemented in these patches the commands necessary for FlipCams to work.

Please see the included Readme for more information. I hope you'll enjoy FlipCams.

Update 1: Trouble getting started? This should help.

Update 2: Version 1.0.1
- Fixed a bug in the installer that made impossible to use the ALT+F11/ALT+F12 hotkeys. Note that if you already installed FlipCams 1.0, you don't need to upgrade it unless you wanted but couldn't use the ALT+F11/ALT+F12 hotkeys.

Update 3: Mini manuel en Français.

Update 4: Version 1.0.2
- The previous version recently started to trigger Avast Antivirus, which reported both FlipCams and its installer to contain a trojan horse named "Win32:Agent-QYH [Trj]". I believe this is due to bogus information recently added to Avast's database. I recompiled both executables with the latest version of AutoHotkey and they no longer trigger Avast antivirus. This is the only change in this version.

Update 5: Version 1.0.3
- Updated to work with patch Z25: LFS no longer saves or refreshes the custom view automatically, so some FlipCams' scripts had to be edited. Thanks to Scawen for implementing the couple of commands required to force saving and refreshing the view! If you keep using versions older than Z25 for some reason, stick to FlipCams 1.0.2 too!

Attached images
FlipCams_r.jpg
Attached files
FlipCam-1.0.2-Install.zip - 396.1 KB - 2598 views
FlipCams-1.0.3-Install.zip - 396.3 KB - 1947 views
Good work
Awesome! Will this need to be upgraded with every patch, or should it work for some time to come yet?
#4 - coppe
Nice Addon and well documented, too. Thank you very much!
nice. are cameras included?
#6 - FL!P
Quote from MAGGOT :Awesome! Will this need to be upgraded with every patch, or should it work for some time to come yet?

No, the way it works it won't have to be upgraded until Scawen radically changes the custom view.
#7 - FL!P
Thank You very much for this !
Thank you oh great one...(s)
thanks a lot it looks great going to test it out
wait. does this mean iget 5 more view on top of LFS's 5 already? or do I jsut get 3 more costom views while keeping the stock ones?
I think it would be 4 more on top of the 1 custom view.
the screenshot looks like it has the standard driver view incar, the custom view. then 3 more. I supose the helicopter and TV view are still there
#14 - FL!P
It gives you 5 custom views instead of one. Other views are unaffected. So instead of 5 views (track, cockpit, custom, chase and heli) you now have 9 of them.

And the view that looks like the regular cockpit one in my screenshot is in fact a bit different (the camera is higher).
Congratualtions for your addon FL!P

Special mention should be noted for the easy installation of your addon, the customizable hotkeys and the preservation of user's custom cameras. Amazingly user friendly indeed.

I have always been using custom cameras for some cars and your solution is fantastic. It saved me lots of time from manually switching values all the time.

Well Done
10/10
#16 - FL!P
Thank you! I'm glad people like it!
Hi FL!P, great tool but can I ask if you will be releasing your own custom views that can be placed in each FlipCam folder so ppl don't have to make their own?
Yes I am too slack at making my own :hide:
BTW Nice link of names!
#18 - FL!P
Quote from flinty72 :Hi FL!P, great tool but can I ask if you will be releasing your own custom views that can be placed in each FlipCam folder so ppl don't have to make their own?
Yes I am too slack at making my own :hide:

Well, to be honest I didn't plan to release my own custom views, first because I have only made those for the cars I use (6 or 8 of them at the moment), and second because I saw these as user preferences, and of course everyone has their own preferences.

But you're right to point out that it's easy to share them, and I'll post some later (I'm at work at the moment). Maybe other peoples will be interested in sharing theirs too.

Quote :BTW Nice link of names!

Mind to elaborate? I have no idea what that means.
Quote from FL!P :Well, to be honest I didn't plan to release my own custom views, first because I have only made those for the cars I use (6 or 8 of them at the moment), and second because I saw these as user preferences, and of course everyone has their own preferences.

But you're right to point out that it's easy to share them, and I'll post some later (I'm at work at the moment). Maybe other peoples will be interested in sharing theirs too.

Mind to elaborate? I have no idea what that means.

Excellent & Thanks.
The link in the names, Your username of FL!P & App name of FlipCams.
#20 - FL!P
Quote from flinty72 :The link in the names, Your username of FL!P & App name of FlipCams.

Got it, thank you.

Here are the custom cams I currently use for the BF1, FO8, FOX, FZR, RB4, UF1 and XFG.

The files are in folders named "views", "views_cam2", "views_cam3", etc. Move these files to the same folder in your LFS's data folder.
Attached files
Flip'sCams.zip - 8 KB - 767 views
Awesome & Thank you FL!P for being kind enough to share.
Once I get around to making some of my own then I will post them here, if that is O.K.
Ace job FL!P. My bet is the MP replay/video makers will be doing backflips over this little application. You have made it so easy to use AND install. Thanks for the mention.
#23 - FL!P
Quote from flinty72 :Once I get around to making some of my own then I will post them here, if that is O.K.

Sure! And if there's enough interest in sharing custom views, I might even develop a little utility to import/export them automatically. We'll see.
brilliant!

i had a play around last night with it going through some of my replays and i may just get round to making a movie now because this will cut the time by loads so, thanks
#25 - FL!P
Quote from JasonJ :Thanks for the mention.

You're welcome! Thanks again for having inspired me the idea to write this.

FlipCams - 5 custom views per car
(199 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG