The online racing simulator
Struggling with XRR + Aston
(3 posts, started )
Hi all,

I'm trying to gain some speed and experience in the XRR around AS3/4/5 (usually I drive the FZR). But I'm finding it tough going - learning to drive this car seems harder for me than the FZR ever was. I think much of it must be down to the setups; I've yet to find a good base setup to work from and therefore I just can't seem to adjust the setup to get the car to do what I want.

Can anyone throw some XRR race setups (not hotlap setups) this way that are suitable for either AS3, AS4, or AS5? I've tried the ones from the inferno website but they feel way too twitchy/tyre-hungry to be used in a race.

Many thanks in advance.
yeah, its true that XRR is alot more difficult than FZR, (thats the reason why most ppl use fzr anyways), but once u get used to it, ur gonna love it. I've only been playing LFS for 1.5 month now, and i started directly with the XRR (reminds my my Renault 5 gt turbo :P).

here's a good XRR AS National setup
its the current hotlap one from TeamInferno's site, but i believe its really steady..
tip: try not overpowering and oversteering on the corners cause this car turns around really easily.
Attached files
XR GTR_as3_kid_p892.set - 132 B - 435 views
Yeah the XRR is a pesky piece of a car to drive consistently fast. But once you get a hold on how the turbo kicks in when accelerating out of a corner, thus avoiding 90% of spinouts, you'll never look back. FZR is sooo mainstream bandwagon car just like the FXO!

Oh and the Team Inferno's sets are magnificient. Muchos respectos to them for sharing.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG