The online racing simulator
Got this through the post this morning and it's suprisingly good. Wasn't to sure about the AI after playing the demo, but on the hardest level they put up a decent fight and you can have some good racing. Just wish i could use my DFP with it :grumpy:
I got mine in the post today too, I have not played it yet because my 360 is setup up on the HDTV in the living room, so priority goes to daytime TV apparently
Quote from glyphon :...as compared to 750 cars in GT4

You can exclude the ~400 Skyline models from the total cars count.
Here's a couple of pics that i've taken ...
Attached images
Exige.jpg
megane.jpg
laguna.jpg
Why do HD games not have AA? Everythings so sharp.
You really don't notice it that much while playing, the physics are the best thing outside of LFS.

I just done a 9:03.xx on Nurby in my old style BMW M3, with a few modifications of course, but no added power yet, just stripped down and stuck a rear wing on. The promtly lost the back end trying to go even faster and stuffed the car into a wall at 130mph, the damage is pretty damn good on simulation mode (i saw various body panels about 100 yards away from where my car stopped, all over the track...and the smoke coming from my engine was worrying)

I would have pictures to show you but I don't have my 360 hooked up to the net, and unlike GT4 you can't use usb sticks to transfer the pictures. Its a shame I have some nice ones of me hanging the Beamers fat arse out around Nurby.

EDIT: that clio v6 is a right pain in the arse at first, it likes to spin
VALE46- I like those screens. Not as hyper sunny as the Colin pics I saw. They look like well executed digital paintings almost.

How do the cars compare to one and other in the driving? 300 cars to me sounds like an awful lot.

Starting to sound like a decent game- pity I'll never get an XBOX.
Yea, AA on the 360 just doesn't seem to work properly. To be fair you dont notice any jaggies at all while driving, and even in photo mode it looks ok a lot of the time. Also, when you send the pics from 360 to PC they get compressed a lot, i might try taking some pics at 1080i, then hopefully they will stay that size when i upload them and i can resize to 1280x720.

The cars are all very different. Like Quicksilver said, at first the clio is very twitchy and easy to loose the rear, where as the standard exige is "glued" to the road, and you can really push it into the corners. Then you can jump into a big american muscle car and can feel the extra weight being thrown around. You definently notice the difference when changing cars.
Quote from deggis :You can exclude the ~400 Skyline models from the total cars count.

There are only 37 Skyline models, from 1962 to 2003.

Sure, there are some duplicates, but those can be counted on two hand. Even if there are a few from the same models, these are different versions (eg GTS, GT-R, Race Model).

Stop with that Skyline wankfest, is getting really old now
I seem to be winning a lot of riced up Japanese cars, I guess thats because I'm early on in the game. Anyway I just wasted all my money on a lovely Ford Focus to complete the American races, its basically 20k off its rear wheel drive conversion and racing block, then it will be fully tuned.

My BMW M3 E34 (i think its e34) is still my favourite car at the moment, I've given it a lot more power now so its ready for another assault on the ring, I want to get a mid 8 minute time if possible. The handling and physics seem much better than the first Forza, they feel like Rfactor but a lot better...basically what Rfactor should handle like.

The damage is something similar to what I would love to see in LFS, although a little more extreme. Basically you can stop your car working, but it takes a lot of big hits to totally kill it. Bumpers, body panels, spoilers, mirrors...all fall off when hit enough, but they also dent from smaller crashes. The scratching of the paint looks pretty good when combined with a dirty car (cars get dirty when racing a long time). Your engine smokes when damaged, you can kill the steering, transmission, gearbox, drivetrain...quite a lot of stuff.

Whoops went on a bit there, just buy it if you have a 360.
How is the tuning bit, I know you can buy like turbos but do you just install them and leave it there like in the GT series or can you play with the parts like adjust pressures or something like that?
FI pressures is just about the only thing you can't tune on the car. the kit you buy works at a specific pressure, and isn't tunable.
Alright. Is there a variety of different turbos you can buy then, or only few kits like in GT4?

Oh, and how that skinning works? Is there pre-drawed shapes and bits you can use or do you paint everything using the controller?

Must find a cheap Xbox somewhere. :P
depends on the car. some cars only have 1 turbo upgrade option, some have 2 or 3. and other cars have up to 6 different types of super charger options (3 roots, 3 centrifugal) in addition to the turbos.

skinning is done by using predefined shapes.
if you go looking for a cheep xbox someplace, make sure you get a 360 and not the orginal xbox.
Quote from glyphon :
if you go looking for a cheep xbox someplace, make sure you get a 360 and not the orginal xbox.

Well yeah, obviously.

So you can't draw anything yourself?
nope. you gotta use the predefined shapes...and there are a lot of them.
There must be a ton of sponsor logos and fonts you can use to write your own stuff too?
there are quite a few sponsor logos, but they are only car manuafacture logos, and other automotive products. and there are 3 or 4 different fonts you can use. any other logos or fonts that you see are hand crafted.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :The damage is something similar to what I would love to see in LFS, although a little more extreme. Basically you can stop your car working, but it takes a lot of big hits to totally kill it. Bumpers, body panels, spoilers, mirrors...all fall off when hit enough, but they also dent from smaller crashes. The scratching of the paint looks pretty good when combined with a dirty car (cars get dirty when racing a long time). Your engine smokes when damaged, you can kill the steering, transmission, gearbox, drivetrain...quite a lot of stuff.

Can you destroy anything by abusing the transmission or engine?
yes
This Game is good.
look out for me online.
I bought it yesterday. Still nothing compared to LFS (it's still the only one that i'd call a true simulation). But it's really good!

A few questions about Forza Motorsport 2:

1. Is there an easy way to make money at the early stages of the game (beside finishing race after race...)?

2. Is the only wheel that'll work with the xbox360/forza that crap microsoft wheel?

I love my Porsche 944 Turbo by the way!
1) that is the easy way
a little bit later, there are some races that are worth a lot of money each, but those have a driver level requirement. and the only way to get that up is to race.

2) no, there are 3 other wheels available, but those are the crap wheels. they have "vibration feedback", which is nothing more rumble. if you want true force feedback, you have to go with the MS wheel. supposedly the API for the wheels has been released so other wheels might start popping up, but i'd guess 6months+ for those since they have to be developed, tested, manufactured, and then shipped. and really, while it isn't a g25, the wheel is actually pretty good. 2 biggest complaints. its only 270deg and the pedals don't grip carpet that well.
Allright, i already thought it's the "easy" way how i'm making money. :sorry: Haha!

I have to admit that i didn't take a close look at the MS wheel so far. I guess it somehow just didn't appeal to me...
Quote from jibber :I have to admit that i didn't take a close look at the MS wheel so far. I guess it somehow just didn't appeal to me...

i wasn't all that keen on it before i got it, but i knew that i wanted a wheel, and wanted actual ffb and not just rumble, so it was the only choice, and i have to say, for the most part i've been happy with it.

its contoured so that it rests on your lap while playing, but really it needs to be clamped down. i'm still working on that part because i need to find a solution that has a high WAF (wife acceptance factor)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG