The online racing simulator
Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
Better get RBR now when it's relatively cheap (just watch N2003's prices on ebay ), the publisher (SCi Games) was bought buy Eidos last year so... I think they won't be making copies anymore.
Second attempt and 5:18, but I goes on default setup
I wnat RBR pretty bad. Ive got NFS carbon, i played it for half an hour on the first day, never played it again. Its been about a week or two.

Anyone want it? Im selling it.
heh, great new track, a little tough cos of the bumps but its still good, fast and narrow
Is anyone up-to-date with the RBR scene?
I tried looking around bhmotorsports, but the relevant threads are all several hundret posts long and I feel I'll be missing something by skimming over all of them. Also, spreading the news here would be a good idea.
So long story short: What is in the works and when can new stages be expected? Thanks for taking your time.

Vain
tbh theres a couple of tracks released, just a pain in the butt to install, but i think that RSRBR will feature the new Pribam track in the next update. As for WIP tracks I'm not too sure if there is any.
Quote from Xaid0n :tbh theres a couple of tracks released, just a pain in the butt to install, but i think that RSRBR will feature the new Pribam track in the next update. As for WIP tracks I'm not too sure if there is any.

Couple of tracks? Where? I thought the Pribram was the first one... or did you mean track makeovers that only has new textures (e.g. France in snow)?

There's one stadion special stage in the works, probably the next to be released. Afaik from the same guys that made this Pribram. It's also based on some real life track (I guess).

And with the Bob's Track Builder there are lots of smaller projects going on but I don't think those are getting finished anytime soon.
Pribram is fantastic fast, narrow, bumpy without the typical repetitiveness of RBR stages, more evil bits than most stages and it's a mixed stage, something really missing from the RBR and RL WRC stages, which tires people using?
Bobs Track Builder - New Demo Track
I have created a new demo track using BTB (WIP version) based on real-life data (thanks to AolBites). You will need to have the previous demo track installed first (http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/games/rbr.aspx), then overwrite the TRACK_1 folder with the one contained in this zip.

http://rbr.worldserve.de/btb/SS13.zip

It’s a 41kms tarmac road, now surrounded by grass/dirt on either side with walls to stop most accidents. Takes about 14 minutes to drive 9some of which is very boring). I made some adjustments to the shape and camber of the surface however all changes in height and direction (baring a couple of weird data entries) were fed in from the data provided by AolBites.

Ideally I would have liked to spend more time making it "prettier" but the intention was really to show off the GPS captured data, long stage and good frame rates possible.

Enjoy!!
man, i am really thinking about re-installing rsrbr. but i should devote more time to studies and leave the rest of recreation to LFS.

any preview pics of the track?
Meh .. where does studies ever get anyone!!
Attached images
rbr_004.jpg
woohoo just downloaded the demo today, had a play about and picked up a sealed copy of the game for about £4 on ebay
I LOVE the british rally in this game, Chirdonhead 2 is the best in game rally track ever! I obsessed over it so much that I actually got it down pretty good on keyboard. now if my dam g25 ever gets here i will really own it.
last rally school one is killing me by 1 second
Quote from Sticky-Micky :last rally school one is killing me by 1 second

last part of the rally school is evil, even in Richard Burns attack you have to beat a slower time... I don't remember how long it took me to complete
Quote from herki :last part of the rally school is evil, even in Richard Burns attack you have to beat a slower time... I don't remember how long it took me to complete

damm i thought it was just me being a bit crap

so if i`m only 1 second off i will probably do it soon, do you unlock anything decent for beating it?

got a few different updated cars to add, and the sound pack to have a look at tomorrow.
switched the DFP from 900 degrees to 200 degrees and found it much easier
Quote from Sticky-Micky :switched the DFP from 900 degrees to 200 degrees and found it much easier

900 is pretty close to masochism, real WRC cars has only 540°

Quote from Sticky-Micky :so if i`m only 1 second off i will probably do it soon, do you unlock anything decent for beating it?

The rally school stage? you can't finish the rally school without passing it.
540 is good for rbr
i found it crazy hard to do some of the tests in 900 degree mode
especially as i run all the wheel settings on full, so its quite hard to turn the wheel fast.

"flick the back end out with the steering"

i was yanking the wheel all over the place and getting next to no movement lol!!

cracking game, although i installed some new cars and then relised i prefered the bumper cam view so i never see them except in replays .
http://files.filefront.com/rbr ... /;7813105;;/fileinfo.html

here's a vid of me trying out the xara 06 for the 1st time. I just reainstalled RBR and the latest version of RSRBR. the focuswrc 06 is great as well. i crushed some of my old PB's easily with that car. I only play rbr once in a while so that i don't memorize the tracks...
For those, who have tournament plugin in RBR...
How to start, if you don't have plugin or right car?

LFS for all
Pass: lfsnet
Damage: Reduced
Track: dry/damp gravel,tarmac, snow
Number of SS: 6
Car: WRC+A8 (Must be original or downloaded in plugin downloads)
Superally: No
Service Area: every second SS 60min.
Time: 2.9. 10:00 - 8.9. 23:59

Enjoy
(English flag at the top right.)

Holieeee shieeet!

Does this mean we can get our non-modded RBR online tournament back on track again? Vain, wake up and put yer rally pants on!

yep, it is already working .. Seems that czech is default language... but like spankmeyer said, english flag at top right corner

Richard Burns Rally
(1109 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG