The online racing simulator
Req: Patch Test Announcements
(5 posts, started )
Scawen

Could I ask you to consider creating a locked thread in this section where you announce the release of patches - test or otherwise?

This would allow hosters who always run the latest patch to be able to subscribe to that thread and so be automatically notified when a patch has been released. After all, it makes little sense releasing a patch if, initially, there are no servers running it.

You might also consider releasing the server file slightly earlier to allow the server admins to patch-up in preparation for the client release, particularly the major ones - e.g. 'X'.

I do try to check the release forum regularly but it would make the whole process of patching simpler if this suggestion was implemented.
Have you subscribed to _this_ thread?

W42 is out
Quote from felplacerad :Have you subscribed to _this_ thread?

W42 is out

Your link is missing but I know what you mean.

That doesn't work. Sometimes new threads are created for new patches, plus, any replies would also generate emails. That's why I'm asking for a single locked thread (no replies) where only new patch announcements are made.
I know what you were asking for. I didn't intend to link anything-I meant this particular thread you're reading right now.

My reply was actually meant as a joke. ie, if you had subscribed to your own thread, you'd have found about patch w42 (within minutes) because of my reply.
W45 is out!

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG