The online racing simulator
more realistic gauges
(19 posts, started )
more realistic gauges
right now the gauges are just some simpel stuff with a black background. What if the gauges wore a "texture"? the whole thing was DDS files with the background of them, needle etc was a texture. personally i think it would look much nicer and we could skin it ^^
I think the gauges should be redesigned. They look dull and boring currently.
+1
Being able to skin that area, would definately improve the look of the cockpits a lot.
I say +1 only if we can go all out and edit the alpha layer in there so we can have our own shapped hands too.
maybe we will see new gauges in patch y along with the updated cockpits.
+1

I want a Mickey Mouse clock in my FZR!

Quote from himself :I think the gauges should be redesigned. They look dull and boring currently.
+1

The whole dashboard should be remade for nearly all the vehicles IMO.
Not only the dashboard and guage clusters... but the steering wheel should be redesigned. I know some people would prefer to have a racing steering wheel in the road cars, but it would be awfully nice to see a realistic factory steering wheel that you'd seen in an everyday car... not to mention it having a bit bigger diameter. It would just look nicer and feel more like a genuine roadcar, rather than something with a floating and crappy looking Cromo wheel. (The Cromo wheel has an awful shape and texture).
Yup, gauges need re-doing, also need to be car specific too, way to generic ATM.

So it's a +1 from me
ok we all agree, DEEEVS!!
+1

Also we need to be able to change the colour of the dial face too. White dials in an XFG, boy racer heaven
+1 !!

Just add another tinny space on the usual car skin file, with the background of the gauges !
Quote from cbalbinot :+1 !!

Just add another tinny space on the usual car skin file, with the background of the gauges !

Theres easily enough space in the interior .dds too.
Replica of the Mitsubishi Starion Turbo gauges

Would be nice to see something textured in LFS too

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
GRAB_0000.jpg
+1
Quote from Ian.H :Replica of the Mitsubishi Starion Turbo gauges

Would be nice to see something textured in LFS too

Regards,

Ian

ur pic, where? what? how? photoshopped?