The online racing simulator
League For Kids at school
(31 posts, started )

Poll : Shall i?

Yes
No
Hi, i was thinking on setting up a league, for kids at school THOUGH!
I normally cant attend many leagues: as i have school lol. So i was thinking of league races at times always, between 4pm+
This would be very convenient to people at school, as i know there are quite a few 14-17 year old people.
So i was wondering if i should
go for it m8
maybe 4pm EST...?
#4 - Jakg
Go for it, but i'm still in School (like a lot of LFS'ers) and i can still make Leagues.

Plus 4 PM plus is mega early, i'm not even home then - what about 6 PM onwards for a stard?
Quote from Jakg :Go for it, but i'm still in School (like a lot of LFS'ers) and i can still make Leagues.

Plus 4 PM plus is mega early, i'm not even home then - what about 6 PM onwards for a stard?

He said 4PM EST. Thats like 9PM GMT. 10PM at the moment I think.
#6 - Jakg
"He" posted after i got to the thread - i didnt see, and wasn't reffering, to his reply
YAY!!!! it would be awesome....... if u can do it Im in
Nothitg against our younger members but I'd imagine it would be hard(er) to maintain a good standard of driving and thus quality of racing.

Best of luck all the same, you'll need it. I do think it's a good idea though.
I think its a cool idea to tho am at collage dose it class as collage and school?
#10 - Jakg
can't you just run at Weekends? It's what the STCC does, and it means they can accomodate drivers from Canade and Eastern Europe - stretching over about 7,000 miles
Quote from faster111 :I think its a cool idea to tho am at collage dose it class as collage and school?

13- 17 yo only
am 16 so i can still enter.
ok, i decided its for under 17s, and ive decided to run it over the weekends, but i havent decided which times, in morning 10am-1pm or afternoon 2pm-5pm or evening 8pm-10pm (its a bit late and people might be tired.

I go to golf lessons and stuff in the afternoon so i was thinking it might be easier for people in the morning . . Especially now that peoples exams are finishing in a few weeks . However, i think Kiss Me has offered me a free server (although i doubt it).

So i was also wondering if someone could offer me a free server or something, i know its quite a lot to ask for, but please could someone do this for me?

So there will be different suggestions, maybe a few drag races, some normal GTR races, some drift, some ovals, but i doubt the drift events will work, its quite hard to get people to let 1 person on at a time.

So all i ask for is a free server, and ive already told you what type of races i will organise. Some people can also PM me for track suggestions, and i will also ask Scawen, or Victor for a sub forum....so guys, thanks For helping me out, and i hope the league can get started before the summer holidays, by the way i am in England, so all the times i have stated are in English. So thanks
I host one for u i got stable hosting and 4 mgs net speed
#15 - Jakg
do you know what the words "forwarding ports" mean or what your upload is?
Quote from Jakg :do you know what the words "forwarding ports" mean or what your upload is?

cough i done that i hosted a server before.
ok thanks faster111
You may host the server, i will PM you when the league starts. But for now, may you host the server with name League for Kids [harjun], you can forget the [harjun] bit if it doesnt fit, but i would like it there for people to know it is probably the first sensible thing i have done. So thank you very much, also faster, PM me the admin pass aswell for the server, when the league starts it will be called, League for Kids, without the harjun. thanks
Quote from faster111 :cough i done that i hosted a server before.

who is your internet service provider (ISP)?
Quote from faster111 :virgin media it is.

....did you get my first post?, by the way i have virgin media it used to be NTL though
Yes i got everything i need a pm you the admin pass now.
Well, I'd do it but im not in school anymore(out for the summer yeah!) I got out May 29th
hi....faster111 has suddenly decided that his server is working.
So i waws wondering if someone clever, willing, and helpful could host a server for me?, thank you very much
Quote from scoobyrbac :Well, I'd do it but im not in school anymore(out for the summer yeah!) I got out May 29th

Everyone is out for the summer, duh! It doesnt really matter what day it is on really if everyone will be out.

Argh, just remembered that i have a job for the summer and would only be available form about 8 onwards in the evenings ah well, i hope it still goes ahead. Maybe it could start when we are back to school? It would make more sence that way i think
Quote from faster111 :virgin media it is.

well you cant run a decent sized server off that!!

im with virgin media too. i have the 20mbit package. And i cant host a server what you think you can!

LFS servers a limited to availible upload bandwidth on the host network. Eg a server in a datacentre has a net bandwidth of usually 100mbit (both upload and download), some may be more...

your bandwidth with your package is 256kbit/s if im not mistaken. with that you will be lucky to get a stable 11 slot server. i would think 8 MAX.

to host a league you really need to "splash the cash" and rent one.
im sure Franky500 has some good deals on at the moment so you should check it out! http://500servers.com

however all the best with the league!

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG