Fortnightly Races
1 Hour Races
30 Minute Races
Over 1 Hour Races
Yes I will Definately Sign Up
Monthly Races
Regular One Off Events
No I won't Sign Up
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Which one is Club? Green? Gold? How many laps?

I will calculate laps for the event tonight. 75 mins approximately.
Club is its name, Storm. It's FE1, the shortest tarmac layout (1 mi).
Quote from FL!P :Club is its name, Storm. It's FE1, the shortest tarmac layout (1 mi).

WR in FO8 is about 32 seconds so I have based my calculation for laps on that. This results in a 136 lap race.

This will mean lots of passing of back markers for the front runners so plenty of practice which is just what's needed in preparation for Season 1.
Quote from FL!P :Club is its name, Storm. It's FE1, the shortest tarmac layout (1 mi).

Oh, okay - for some reason I thought all the FE tracks were named after colours.
Quote from Gentlefoot :WR in FO8 is about 32 seconds so I have based my calculation for laps on that. This results in a 136 lap race.

This will mean lots of passing of back markers for the front runners so plenty of practice which is just what's needed in preparation for Season 1.

That'd be awesome to practice, is this for the 27th may in particular?
Quote from BigDave2967 :That'd be awesome to practice, is this for the 27th may in particular?

Yes - 27th May is FE Club. I will not always choose this type of circuit. There will be a mixture of tight and open tracks.
Where are all the FOX entries?

Over 40 entrants in the championship but hardly anyone has signed up for the event.

I won't be able to run the event unless there are more entries unfortunately.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Where are all the FOX entries?

Over 40 entrants in the championship but hardly anyone has signed up for the event.

I'd like to participate, but sadly I have to race the 24h race with my team from 26th of May.

I will be up for another dry event or so ^^
Quote from Gentlefoot :Where are all the FOX entries?

i have
Quote from andybarsblade :i have

I only appear to have your championship entry so far mate. No entry for the event on the 27th recieved as yet. Are you competing?

There is an entry for each individual event because there are more championship entries than grid slots. The idea is that people will not make all events but we still want full grids.

First come first served basis for each event with a reserve list.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the first event has I am away on a weekend break with the missus. It's a shame really was looking forward to the first race roll on the 2nd one.
Quote from WildRacerUK :Unfortunately I won't be able to make the first event has I am away on a weekend break with the missus. It's a shame really was looking forward to the first race roll on the 2nd one.

Shame mate. You won't have to wait too long for the next event.
I've now created a track guide for the first event in this league. See http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/trackguide2.html

There are quite a few mistakes at the moment in terms of fonts and stuff and I will update it tonight but it should be of help while you practice for the 27th.

GF
This event is now called the Gentlefoot Formula Challenge (GFC)

There is a test race being held this Sunday at 20:00 GMT. There are currently 26 entries however, I do not believe everyone wil turn up so if you are interested but put off by the entry list don't be. I'm fairly confident that drivers signing up at this late stage could still get to race on Sunday.

GF
Just to double check so I'm ready. Which patch are we using?
Ohh my backside, so numb! *sob*

Great race guys, hope you didnt mind me ranting in the end, there were somethings that I didn't like.
Great race wasn't it. Can't wait for the start of the season now with 32 car grids! Gonna be awesome.

Don't worry about the rant mate. So long as you don't direct insults at anyone that's fine. btw - I watched most of your race and you did a fine job mate.

Shame we had some lag. When we had that lag incident at the end of the start finish straight I managed to take the best top speed FOX time. Managed 223kph whereas all the other FOXs only managed 213kph lol. That's why I ended up running into the back of you mate. Had an extra 10kph and couldn't shed it quick enough

Check out the race results http://gentlefoot.com/LFS/GFCRace0_results.html#top lol

GF
There's now only 1 guaranteed slot left for race 1. I will accept up to 10 reserves as there are usually several no shows. 7 failed to turn up last time from an entry list of 26. This grid will have 32 cars on it so I expect at least as many no shows as at FE Club.

FO8 Racing League
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG