The online racing simulator
Weird yellow layer on LFS
(22 posts, started )
I have this weird yellow layer when LFS is run and when exited, the yellow layer just disappears. It just showed up after I adjusted the Anti-aliasing etc. settings from desktop before it started showing up. I rolled the previous settings back, but the yellow layer still stands. I took some fraps footage, but when viewed in an external player, it looks fine, no yellow layer. Same with screenshots; pictures look normal. Wtf? Any1 else had trouble like this? Only thing that annoys me is the sky with its piss-yellow color :mad:

Other apps&games run fine.

ver- W37
gc- x1950pro
By "rolled back", do you mean you manually changed them back, or did you really reset or chose the default settings? What I'm getting at is, that there are also probably some colour adjustments you can make besides the usual AA, AF, etc. settings (at least in the nVidia CP you can), and you might have accidentally changed something there...
I changed them back manually, and I only changed the AA/AF/z32buffer settings. No tweaking with colors (I checked, theyre still the same default setting as usual).
could you try to take a photo of your screen so we can see what you actually mean?
Does it look like this? Or less severe?
Attached images
yellowLfs.jpg
Quote from AndroidXP :Does it look like this?

Pretty much.. Why? Don't tell me I missed a FAQ somewhere

Quote from St4Lk3R :Could you try to take a photo of your screen..

I tried, but it looks normal, no yellow layer in my screenshots. weird.
#7 - joen
Quote from pine-fin :
I tried, but it looks normal, no yellow layer in my screenshots. weird.

He means taking a photograph of your monitor, not a screenshot For sure it would be visible then, otherwise it's all in your head
Quote from pine-fin :Pretty much.. Why? Don't tell me I missed a FAQ somewhere

No, I just took a screenshot and removed the blue colour from it. Did you try other games?
I could take a photo, but the picture is more or less the same as androidXP suggested.
Have you made sure you aren't using a corrupted d3d8.dll?
Hah, cant run other games now, DXT texture compression seems to be failing, allthough it is enabled in the settings (gtr2 complains about it and wont run).

I'll try to uninstall and install drivers. See what that does
Quote from wheel4hummer :Have you made sure you aren't using a corrupted d3d8.dll?

How do I verify that quickly? dl new .dll somewhere?
omg.. :banghead:

Please dont hang me but I got it to work. When I manually changed the settings back, I should have tried to bring back 'factory defaults' as I did now. After a full default reset it works just fine. Though I do not know where the problem was, it was not under color settings, as they did not change before/after reset. If I can replicate the problem, I'll post about it. I was just too hasty, I apologize for that. Just wasted an hour of your time :F
Glad you could fix it.
I know there is option in ATI drivers that you can make everything like black&white etc.I dont have ATI system here right now but I am definately sure there is such a option.I think thats the place you probably messed with something.

Gratz you fixed that.
#17 - Gunn
Quote from AndroidXP :Does it look like this? Or less severe?

Hey, you're running the global warming mod for LFS aren't you?
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I know there is option in ATI drivers that you can make everything like black&white etc.I dont have ATI system here right now but I am definately sure there is such a option.I think thats the place you probably messed with something.

Gratz you fixed that.

Yes, maybe you had some smartshader options enabled in ATIs display options. If you didnt messed up anything with the colour setting, i have no idea what else that could have been
Hmm.. catalyst CC seems to change settings by its own when using mousewheel to scroll up/down the settings list Hmm.. HMMM..

'I didn't do it!'
Quote from pine-fin :Hmm.. catalyst CC seems to change settings by its own when using mousewheel to scroll up/down the settings list Hmm.. HMMM..

kinda like the beryl settings manager ... aweful piece of software especially sicne it doesnt have a default button
I used to have a problem with everything turning yellow like that. It turned out the monitor cable had a loose connection in it But obviously that wouldn't explain why your other games are okay.
Unless of course your wheel moves something at the back of the computer when you get into driving position.
Quote from Dajmin :..when you get into driving position.

When? What do you mean 'when'. I'm always in the driving position

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG