The online racing simulator
Patch X - this week
(78 posts, closed, started )
wow, thanks for this update! This is way better then TDU patch news, lol
cheers for the update Scawen. Better late and working than early and broken.
Ill be along for some stress testing this eve
Good news, thanks. I wish I was on the same time zone as you blokes so I could get in on the full server action. As it stands I do do my own trial runs on each test patch most nights, but I can only go so long before I get lonely and fire up the ol' .5W for some racing hehe. I guess I don't have much input in the test patch thread because I've just never had any problems!

Really looking forward to teh >< and being able to lose some races on some busier servers! See, I figure if I place midpack among 32, that's equivalent to coming in first among 16!!
Ty for the update scawen
Edit: Wrong thread.
thanks for the update....... really great to see this! No panic... better its right qitghout bugs than rushed like many other games --- cough ---- VALVE -- cough!!!!
Quote from StableX :thanks for the update....... really great to see this! No panic... better its right qitghout bugs than rushed like many other games --- cough ---- VALVE -- cough!!!!

valve dont have bugs
Please don't release patch X. I've never seen so many good drivers running LRFs at a decent circuit (WE1R) before - can you please string this bug testing out for another week or so? :shhh:
Indeed, the full grid of good racers at BL1 with the TBOs is nice.
Hehe what I said two days ago...So many quality racers in one server. Or at least release patch X but keep the Bug testing servers! Passworded with a password announced on the forums
Quote from mcintyrej :I think these Test patches are a VERY good demonstration on how an officially supported race schedule could work.

How about officially hosted events by the dev's each week, the server would EASILY fill within minutes and some great racing would be there.

This would really bring the community together and stop people complaining about the cruise servers taking away racers. - I know this is kinda O/T, but I think I shuold make this point rather than not.

Do something like this Scawen! So many quality races, in 1 server. It made the game feel - outstandingly better.
I hope that this patch can be released before Friday, I'm getting too anxious!
Ok here is my idea for this too many patches getting released lately:

Why not scawen get like 5 or so beta testers, give them the patch x (they have to sign a disclaimer that it wont get released by them before the scheduled release date) Give a serious rigorous and thorough top to bottom test to kill off all given flaws and fix them and VOila a worlds first lfs patch X which is bug free
Quote from anik360 :Why not scawen get like 5 or so beta testers, give them the patch x (they have to sign a disclaimer that it wont get released by them before the scheduled release date) Give a serious rigorous and thorough top to bottom test to kill off all given flaws and fix them and VOila a worlds first lfs patch X which is bug free

lfs already has a whole bunch of beta testers (look at the credits)
but the problems with this patch only show up when you have a crapload of users connecting at the same time plus youll catch a whole lot more bugs if you let most of your userbase run the patch rather than some 20 testers with well known configs
Seriously,...... if you think there is too many patches. Wait until its official, then you only have to download it once.

There can never be too many patches before an official release. When I see patch W41, I think, WOW......this one has really been ripped apart and put through its paces. Should be one of the slickest and greatest releases ever. NO bugs FTW !
I haven't updated since W Don't see the need, others are just for testing etc, unless you like testing of course

New patch should be good.
Thanks
Quote from thisnameistaken :Please don't release patch X. I've never seen so many good drivers running LRFs at a decent circuit (WE1R) before - can you please string this bug testing out for another week or so? :shhh:

Might have to check out the LRF server, was full last night, hopefully the standard of driving on the LRF server is better than the other one, the standard of driving last night was SHOCKING
Hello racers,

till now i'm only a DEMO-Driver. Because i can't get DSL i had only my ISDN Connection. So i decided to test the Game with that connection... And it worked great ;-)
Then i read that the number of Players will be increased. I like the online-racing and so i want to get licensed. But, do more Racers work with my slow connection???
Racing against AI is'nt very funny because they do always something stupid!
Unlikely the full grid is'nt testable in the DEMO. So please can anybody test the data-transfer (in/out) with a full grid and post it to me? It would be very fine if that worked too with ISDN!
At the end let me say that the devs do very well work! Thanks!
damn "German Telekom" that gives me no DSL
Quote from danowat :Might have to check out the LRF server, was full last night, hopefully the standard of driving on the LRF server is better than the other one, the standard of driving last night was SHOCKING

Yes, nearly every race someone wrecked me on the TBO bug test server. Can't remember such T1 madness ("What are brakes?") and crashing on the BL straight since demo times. As I checked replays some people even kept full throttle when the road infront of them was blocked due a accident, causing more pill-ups.
I'm sure we'll all forgive you for missing the date by a few days. It will be worth the wait.

I played on test server #1 for a little while and have to agree that the standard of driving was very impressive. With such a packed field, I was prepared for some serious T1 carnage, but it never happened. People braked, they gave way, they moved off their line, it was like a dream come true

The new patch additions are going to change the face of the sim. The false start system might even mean we see some dedicated drag servers appear, which may mean the game attracts a new audience. I've only done a handful of drag races (and I suck), but it's now a viable option.
Hopefully people will also stop complaining so much about the LSDs. My mechanical knowledge extends to "Yup, that's an engine" so I can't comment on that
And good old class balancing, the bane of all PvP games. It's still got a way to go (I think the FZR would be better with a bit of restriction rather than a full 100kg addition) but it's a start.

These are all changes worth waiting for.
This thread is closed

Patch X - this week
(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG