DFP Clamp snaped.
(18 posts, started )
DFP Clamp snaped.
I went to go to race so I got my wheel out and started to tighten the clamps.

All of a sudden, all I heard was a loud BANG and the clamp snapped right off.

I was able to race with one clamp but everytime I shifted down it would try to slide into my lap.

Can you get replacement clamps for the DFP or is thier a home solution?
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :I went to go to race so I got my wheel out and started to tighten the clamps.

I was able to race with one clamp but everytime I shifted down it would try to slide into my lap.

Common solution is to call Logitech, ann they'd send you a new one.
SUPER GLUE

is it not easier to drive with the wheel on the desk, rather then on your lap?

Any way, im fairly sure if you call Logitech they would give you a new one as suggested before
Get Tristan to saw it back on.
Quote from dmwright :SUPER GLUE

Super Glue is rubbish on most plastics, and not good under tension anyway.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Get Tristan to saw it back on.

LOL!

Best bet is a nice long set screw, a nut, a couple of washers and some luck.
either call logitech or slap some carbonrovings with a good epoxy mixture on it
if you know how to do it itll be stiffer than before
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :I went to go to race so I got my wheel out and started to tighten the clamps.

I had the same problem, and I now use string to tie my DFP to my desk... If you want to know more, I could attempt to take some photos and show you how I do it. You need to perform some bodging in order to get it tight enough, but when you do it's much more secure than using the clamps.

I'm really very disappointed with my DFP, I got it a little under a year ago and the pedals had problems from the first day. The clamp broke after a relatively small amount of use too. I have to say, as suspect as Microsoft's software is, their hardware is far superior to anything I've seen from logitech.
I've had mine for most than a year (Although I cant give an exact time, im sure its over a year) and the pedals are fine. It's also taken quite a beating the wheel itself due to loads of T1 disasters but its still in fully working order!

Any fix atm will be welcome. I tried the RAC @ BL1 earlier and I had to leave as the wheel wouldnt stay on my desk! xD As much as I can race with one arm (And the other holding it towards the desk) i'd rather have 2.
some form of G clamp? mostly used in woodwork.
#11 - Dru
Quote from dadge :some form of G clamp? mostly used in woodwork.

+1 sounds the best solution.
I doubt a clamp would plausibly work, I bet it would get in the way and rub your hands raw by hitting it every time. Get some model glue and glue it back together. Unlike super glue it is made for plastics (obviously) and works chemically by melting the plastics and fusing them together.
most of you have very little experience with fixing plastic parts dont you ?

the best solution would very likely be to slap some glass or carbon on (with the shape of the clamp a carbon tube would probably work best)
if you do it properly it will be stiffer than ever before
Good point, actually that makes sense to do that (if you know how).
Another good way is what Tristan said, just drill a hole through it and put a screw through it and hold it all together with a nut. As long as it has tension it won't twist, so that way might be easier than using fiberglass or carbon fiber to hold it all together.

Carbon tube? I can see it holding it together, but how would you plan on having it all held together?
Quote from XCNuse :Another good way is what Tristan said, just drill a hole through it and put a screw through it and hold it all together with a nut. As long as it has tension it won't twist, so that way might be easier than using fiberglass or carbon fiber to hold it all together.

that way youre just waiting for the plasitc to snap at the newly drilled hole after which youll have an even harder time fixing it

Quote :Carbon tube? I can see it holding it together, but how would you plan on having it all held together?

it depends on where exactly it snapped and additionally the non solid structure of the clamp is a bit of an issue but in general just taking the tube and putting the clamp into the tube should do the trick
in case i wasnt entirely clear i meant tube as in a tubed piece carbon which if you pull it long gets thinner and thus can be fit to be exactly the size of any longish piece of plastic

edit:
one of these:
http://images.qxlricardo.com/I ... 76340/417634092_2_Big.jpg
http://images.qxlricardo.com/I ... 76340/417634092_3_Big.jpg
Oh I was thinking of like a carbon fiber dowell, I see what you mean, you mean like a carbon fiber sleeve, yes, I think that would work perfectly. I don't think there would really be any problems on where it broke with something like that.
unless it broke in the knee it would be perfect for fixing it ... not so much if it did but it should still work out fine ... would be a bit more work though

DFP Clamp snaped.
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG