The online racing simulator
Vote to restart when two racers
(42 posts, started )
#1 - nikka
Vote to restart when two racers
Ey!

When there are only two racers on the track, votes from BOTH players should be required for the race to restart..

(hate it when i'm alone on a server and got a really good split, and some moron connects and immediately leaves the pit and votes to restart)

Oh well.
i agree
Yup. A simple half+1 rule would do here.
Quote from bobvanvliet :Yup. A simple half+1 rule would do here.

Agreed.
I agree. I usually ask the guy, "hey, wanna race?" if I connect. The guy might have joined an empty to practice or whatever. I mean, if the guy doesn't want to race, then it's kind of pointless to restart.
#6 - th84
Quote from nikka :hate it when i'm alone on a server and got a really good split, and some moron connects and immediately leaves the pit and votes to restart)

sorry nikka, i said i wont do it anymore :P

its not hard to get another good split with the uf1 on the oval!!!

edit: this was only a joke, please refrain from flaming me for being so childish:P

i think both parties should have to restart also!!
#7 - Barn
I totally agree, this has to be the most maddening thing in lfs,that a noob can join a server and shift r without your permission, absolutely infuriating

edit: and the reason i say noob is an experianced racer knows to ask first!. totaly crazy that the vote system isn't in place for 2 racers.........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
+1 For this. This is common when you are alone doing testing.
#9 - amp88
I agree totally. Half+1 would be an easy way to implement this too.
:up: +1
I agree too. Very annoying when someone just comes in and hits their shift-r buttons.
+1 from me too
Or even better, when you actually race them, only they suck, and everytime they spin they restart the race, when I can drive clean no problem. Oh the joy.
+1 here.

But if you create a server just to practice on, I recommend setting a password
+1

cause nothing has pissed me off more than this online with LFS..
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
+1 from me too!

Other times are when i've survived all the T1 heros and doing reasonably well by my standards (read - there are people behind me on the same lap), then there's a restart!

Really frustrating.
+/- 0

If you want to practice, do it offline or on a private server with a stupid name and a few slaps of the keyboard as a password. If you want to race, that's what online is for.
+1, F12 doesn't work in SP. Yes, you could practice on a LAN / private server but.. practice doesn't have to be done offline. I'd prefer to practice on a server where more people are practising. That way I can concentrate on driving my own set of laps, but am not going to fall asleep while doing so, having to watch the minimap and be involved in the occasional pass.
unless I am mistaken this idea is now implemented isn't it? I recall after a certain patch, I was in a race - and both me and the other guy had to vote before it restarted peace out!
#20 - dev
+1
+1
#22 - Barn
Quote from duke_toaster :+/- 0

If you want to practice, do it offline or on a private server with a stupid name and a few slaps of the keyboard as a password. If you want to race, that's what online is for.

actually it's not about getting practice!!. as you probably noticed,a lot of servers use i stats,so it's about setting a good time to get on leader board,why should we have our laps ruined by people who are to lazy to even bother driving out of the pits??
It's like me walking into your house and changing the tv channel without asking,sooooooooo rude!
:moped:
#23 - Gunn
+1
all hands raised

+1
#25 - Sage
+1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG