The online racing simulator
Wondering if anyone can get the pic from Geraldine up again
Finally the right person for the Mona Lisa, Scawen looked a bit.... weird

GC, your sig is quite... HUGE!!! :P (quite a few senseless \n)
Quote from ORION :GC, your sig is quite... HUGE!!! :P (quite a few senseless \n)

:Kick_Can_
Woohoo! It works!

Temporary units from old kitchen helping to support the worktop for now, until we make the real cupboards and the nice supports for the front of the worktop. Rear and sides are supported by batons.
Attached images
sink_installed.jpg
Mmmm, the nerd in me is asking himself why you don't start on that 'smart
house' thing I mean, being a programmer as talented as you are, i'd want
to make interfaces and programs for everything! All you need are sensors
and an adpater for a parallel port or something, lol. I know i'd love to be able
to connect to my car's OBD-II port...hehe. Ever think of pluggin a laptop on
your bike ? With the right hardware you could check simple things like air/fuel
mixture, various temperatures, heck, you could probably find a way to plot it
all by using a HandHeld PC instead and recording some 'runs'. Ahhh

Ok, i don't want to give you ideas, i don't want to be responsible for delaying S2
Quote from Gabkicks :why did the guy who started that thread get banned?

he makes forums explode.

Quote from Scawen :Woohoo! It works!

Temporary units from old kitchen helping to support the worktop for now, until we make the real cupboards and the nice supports for the front of the worktop. Rear and sides are supported by batons.

And what does Vic make of your new Kitchen I hope you made him a coffee
Looking very nice Mr. Scawen
Quote from Lola Popeye :LIve for speed......Plasterer..........................LFS ..... Plasterer.......gee Scawen, must of been a hard decision for you

You'll notice that he only pulled out the fuses for the kitchen. Probably got the important stuff on another circuit.

That would not pass code requirements where I live lol.. :P The pvc into copper like that,Do yall have code enforcement over there?? :P
"wooohoo it works!"

Oooh how sweet Just like a little child who has won his first sim race or beaten his pb ! Neat kitchen job, the lady will be pleased I guess !
Quote from Pootie :That would not pass code requirements where I live lol.. :P The pvc into copper like that,Do yall have code enforcement over there?? :P

No the waste pipes are all plastic, not copper. The one that goes out the wall is just the same colour as copper!

No i don't think we have code enforcement over here hehe, not unless you are a professional. Noobs like me can do what we want!

Nice Dynamic lighting in that shot, and very nice textures

From Scawens love of pipes and water, can we infer that we'll have a stunt track with half pipes etc ? and Dynamic weather (Rain) ? soon
Quote from Scawen :No the waste pipes are all plastic, not copper. The one that goes out the wall is just the same colour as copper!

No i don't think we have code enforcement over here hehe, not unless you are a professional. Noobs like me can do what we want!

Hmmm...
Sounds rather dangerous if there are MORE 'noobs' like you around there in England..... However it explains a lot lol (insider)
Stil waiting for Geraldine to say "my noob did a good job " here.

Scawen, it took you quiet a while didn't it..*looks at start date of topic*
Quote from Scawen :No the waste pipes are all plastic, not copper. The one that goes out the wall is just the same colour as copper!

Must be nice not to have code enforcement up your A** :P,Of course theres not always a need to call code out on all jobs here,Just if you can get away with it or not .. I do electrical heating and air,plumbing,and it seems as if thet are real strict about codes here,I hate it...Nit pickers :P,

Copper colored plastic,wow lol,wonder if I could use that to cheat the code guys,lol...
Any new kitchen updates?
Or any room for that matter?
Sooooo, Is LFS making the same progress as the kitchen?
now its the time that we all hope that scawen is gona say : surprise is coming...

man, how many people would die of heart attack after reading that?
So how's it going Scawen ?
any kitchen updates?

3j
Kitchen ! Kitchen !! Kitchen !! Kitchen !!

kitchen
So hows the kitchen? How about some pics!
Kitchen progress very slow - it's just like those previous pictures but more white paint on the walls and some more temporary cupboards below the worktop. Next step is to put up the top cupboards - possibly can do that this weekend.

Recently i did some more plumbing in the bathroom. When the plumbers came a couple of years ago to replace the old style boiler with a new "combi" boiler which heats the water instantly, and has no water tanks, they took a short cut with some plumbing.

Instead of connecting the mains feed to the bathroom, straight into the bath / sink / toilet inlet (the shortest route) they took the easier option of just connecting the pipes in the roof. So the pipe which used to filll the old header tank, they just connected to the outlet of that tank. So the cold water for the bathroom, went up into the bathroom, into the roof, around the roof and back down into the bathroom again, pointlessly. This saved them doing the job i had to do in the bathroom, which involved removing the floorboards and careful paint stripping and tube cutting in an enclosed space, to get to the point where i could solder it back together again the way it should be.

EDIT : Forgot to mention : the reason why i did this is because the kitchen changes made the toilet make a silly noise while filling up. So i had to turn down the service valve in the toilet even more than it was before, so it took ages to fill up - and sometimes that can a bit of a problem. I thought that the roof plumbing fix might fix that but in fact it didn't do much, the noise is still there if i turn on the toilet fill to full speed - but it's not so bad now, i don't have to turn down the fill rate so much. I'm also pleased not to have those two pipes going into the roof - it looks much nicer.
Quote from SR BaCkFiRe :I wonder how long it will take for the mods to lock this.

Like... forever?
This thread is closed

How about a KITCHEN progress report?
(510 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG