The online racing simulator
Downloading of Patch X
(44 posts, closed, started )
Downloading of Patch X
Just a quick question: will the servers be capable of handling the Patch X download tonight (or tomorrow)?

If not, I am glad to provide some mirrors (1Gbit connection). Just for people who want to download the patch, instead of the auto update system (which may get swamped later on).
Can't...Most of us will use autoupdate anyway!
Lief van je Arfje :*
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Arfman :Just a quick question: will the servers be capable of handling the Patch X download tonight (or tomorrow)?

If not, I am glad to provide some mirrors (1Gbit connection). Just for people who want to download the patch, instead of the auto update system (which may get swamped later on).

the april update was contained by LFS, so was the launch of S2 - i'm sure they will do fine
#5 - ajp71
Quote from Mike85 :LFS is not Half Life 2 or WoW. Remember? So I think it will hold. Or else, something suddenly made LFS popular That would be something.

LFS is also rather more efficient on file size, a patch for an average game is several times the size of the S2 download
Do we know what time it will be released?
#9 - garph
Constructive answers to my original question - NOT! Does anyone know exactly or are we just going to have to wait and see?
Sometime today Scawen mentioned so that means anytime between now and 11:59 on the 1st of June, what else could it mean? Surely you don't want down to the minute or second aswell?
Quote from xpjames :Constructive answers to my original question - NOT! Does anyone know exactly or are we just going to have to wait and see?

Dude come on, what do you think! The only people who know/have any idea are the devs.
Quote from Viper93 :what else could it mean? Surely you don't want down to the minute or second aswell?

No, but maybe someone knows roughly what time the update will be released, instead of giving stupid answers because they don't know! We will all have to wait.........................
Quote from xpjames :No, but maybe someone knows roughly what time the update will be released, instead of giving stupid answers because they don't know! We will all have to wait.........................

We will have to wait, Scawen mentioned in another thread it might be moved to Saturday instead of today so if anything the patch will come out late tonight if not tomorrow more than likely.
Quote from Viper93 :We will have to wait, Scawen mentioned in another thread it might be moved to Saturday instead of today so if anything the patch will come out late tonight if not tomorrow more than likely.

Thank you
Scawen doesn't HAVE to stick to the release date...

I mean, that never happens...
Yesterday there were some bugs, so he is/was fixing those...
We MAYBE get the patch today, maybe tomorrow... =P
I had the 'privelege' of being one of those who discovered the fairly significant bug in the last test patch, I know Scawen's heart sank when it came to fixing it as we where talking about it at the time and the poor lad was already exhausted and faced an all night session to fix it.

On the plus side a much requested and thought to be 'sometime in the future maybe/possibly' feature - a server join queuing system - is what Scawen was talking about using as a workable solution, so out of something bad comes something great

It's just that we might have to wait a little longer for it whilst the poor haggarred developer wipes the bags away from under his eyes.
Anyone who makes software knows it's hard to comply to a deadline.
But I'm glad patch X got delayed and that we get a nice addition to lfs in return for the extra few days of waiting
Quote from mikey_G :Anyone who makes software knows it's hard to comply to a deadline.
But I'm glad patch X got delayed and that we get a nice addition to lfs in return for the extra few days of waiting

That's not entirely true, you could always release the software way early on deadline and have tons of bugs and glitches. :P
Quote from Becky Rose :I had the 'privelege' of being one of those who discovered the fairly significant bug in the last test patch, I know Scawen's heart sank when it came to fixing it as we where talking about it at the time and the poor lad was already exhausted and faced an all night session to fix it.

On the plus side a much requested and thought to be 'sometime in the future maybe/possibly' feature - a server join queuing system - is what Scawen was talking about using as a workable solution, so out of something bad comes something great

It's just that we might have to wait a little longer for it whilst the poor haggarred developer wipes the bags away from under his eyes.

Thanks for the info Becky

Also regarding the question "What time will patch X be released?", I don't think this is such a silly question. If I can remember correctly, I vaguely remember each major patch being released at a certain time of the day. But perhaps Scawen will want to get this out the door ASAP considering it will probably be slightly past his deadline.
Quote from Tomtheman70 :That's not entirely true, you could always release the software way early on deadline and have tons of bugs and glitches. :P

That is true, but only bad programmers do that (or bad companies like microsoft)

wtf
This thread is closed

Downloading of Patch X
(44 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG