The online racing simulator
#1 - Spils
Setting up my wheel correctly for LFS
Ok guys i have an old MS FF wheel which as fas as i no is 240 degree wheel so i have that set ingame..

Theres 3 options im unsure what figure to set them to thou.

1 Steer center reduction:
Analogue steer smooth:
Throttle/brake centre reduction

Anyone give me an heads up on what to set these to that best suits my wheel.
Quote from Spils :Ok guys i have an old MS FF wheel which as fas as i no is 240 degree wheel so i have that set ingame..

Theres 3 options im unsure what figure to set them to thou.

1 Steer center reduction:
2 Analogue steer smooth:
3 Throttle/brake centre reduction

Anyone give me an heads up on what to set these to that best suits my wheel.

Have a look at this mate.

http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/Images/LFScontrols.JPG

This is how it's setup for single seater type cars
#3 - Spils
Thxs GF ill have a look now.
I spent 45 minutes trying to set a g25 up on my friends computer for him last night, 45 minutes!!! we eventually gave up. The setup seems a bit of a nightmare compared to say Toca 3 :/

Im aware Im missing something. but is there a g25 setup guide I can be pointed toward?
#5 - Jakg
erm, i set up my G25 in a matter of minutes...
Quote from Jakg :erm, i set up my G25 in a matter of minutes...

Yea I had the axis on accelerator/brake linked in the logitech properties, so I probably would have been there another 5 weeks had I not read the other post
#7 - Spils
So am i right in setting the wheel at 240 instead of 270 someone told me the other day its a 270 degree wheel were as im sure its 240..

also in steering settings for each car do u need to change anything there to get a better feel ?
Quote from Spils :So am i right in setting the wheel at 240 instead of 270 someone told me the other day its a 270 degree wheel were as im sure its 240..

also in steering settings for each car do u need to change anything there to get a better feel ?

Personal preference I'd say. My G25 has much more rotation available but I prefer to limit it.
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Spils :So am i right in setting the wheel at 240 instead of 270 someone told me the other day its a 270 degree wheel were as im sure its 240..

It's 270°

The way to set up logitech wheels should apply to your wheel if you have the option - have a look at the last paragraph in my wheels guide in my sig
Quote from Jakg :It's 270°

The way to set up logitech wheels should apply to your wheel if you have the option - have a look at the last paragraph in my wheels guide in my sig

So my MS ff is defo 270

i have read your guide.. and it says for MS FF

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel

Old and discontinued, but a good wheel, expect to pick one up from eBay for £5-£10 (~$10-$20) excluding postage (which, due to the size and weight of a wheel could easily be as much, if not more, than the wheel itself!). This wheel has 240° of rotation and FFB
#11 - Jakg
does it? Then it's 240°

Sorry, only just got up :X
you lazy sod. its 2pm!
#13 - Dru
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :you lazy sod. its 2pm!

just goes to show the pace of life living in east anglia... LOL

i used to have a MS FF wheel - to be honest i used to change it a bit here and there.. whether it be 240 or 270 it won't make a huge difference.
#14 - Jakg
the most interesting social event this year in my Village.

A scare-crow competition.

WTF - this is like one of the villages of Midsummer Murders!
I use 720 degrees for my G25, if I use any less the wheels (and wheel animation) go way too fast!
I thought it felt totally unrealistic driving the FOX with 720 degree.
Quote from Gentlefoot :I thought it felt totally unrealistic driving the FOX with 720 degree.

wheel turn comp @ 1.0 and youre set

hm could you make a pic of the ms ff at full lock to see how much it really has ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG