The online racing simulator
ouch, got booted and then the dreaded "user name is allready online". Scawen, is there something we can do or run to help you catch the bug in any way?
At least one picture been taken
your actually killing our server - all of these connections are DoSing our box
It's just an insane amount of load for the poor server
Quote :Scawen, is there something we can do or run to help you catch the bug in any way?

Continue DDOS'ing the server
its finished now, untill Scawen(God) has fixed it, i think
Wait for it *patch X delayed* Scawen has his god like coding hat on trying to fix that bug, so hopefully it won't be an issue in patch X. In the server he mentioned it needs a lot of people to recreate the bug, I rekon they should just say 'Join this server for a preview of S3'
Quote from Fabri91 :It's just an insane amount of load for the poor server

the server can take that many racers, but im on teamspeak on said box, whenever we restart it the TS dies because we get TONS of people trying to connect every second - it's a DoS
Quote from Jakg :You annoying person - you removed me just so you could go in and nicked my slot. Thanks. I couldn't even join after that

ATM it seems someone keeps joining, failing and doing it again - this is imobilising the server

We've PW'ed the server so Scawen, Vic and Don can get in, then we'll let them "open the flood gates"

Sorry, I hadn't thought of that at the time (certainly wasn't my intention).
Dos?
DDos?

yes.

anyways, it's down again? hmm...

ah well... I do have to do things though so... =P
P-worded...
yeah we'll take a break, while scawen can think this over. We will probably want to test this host-attack again a bit later. But I'm not sure when. Keep posted if you want to help again

Thanks for everyone joining in! At least we've got the main picture for the frontpage of lfs.net now, so that part is done. The rest will mainly be bug testing.
Quote from Jakg :the server can take that many racers, but im on teamspeak on said box, whenever we restart it the TS dies because we get TONS of people trying to connect every second - it's a DoS

i would not mind giving the hosting of this a go you know. could be some useful stuff to see if this is going to happen....
whenever i lag out, and try to reconnect again, it says "username already online"
Yes please, Franky. I'd like to know if any of the problems we've had so far are caused by our server. Since yours is standing next to it, we could maybe kill 2 bugs with 1 stone.
i got in the first one atleast
Quote from Victor :Keep posted if you want to help again

I'm always ready to join in if you need someone to spam the "GO" button again
Look, we've got a league server running, in 13 mins the league race will start - we've PW'ed the servers, the event isn't happening for the moment at least, so don't DoS our server!
Actually we'll close this thread for now. As said, the purpose for this thread was to take a picture for lfs.net and that's done. But as this flooding made some bugs apparent, we might want to continue flooding later tonight. But we don't know exactly when or where.

We will keep you posted on any further testing.
UKCT guys, just rename that host again, so it's no longer there pls.

It's no longer needed atm. But we might want to test flooding again later. Though it looks like franky might be able to help there as well - we'll discuss away from this thread
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG