The online racing simulator
Learning to drive - cheap lessons, any suggestions?
Hi,

I'm just starting to drive and looking for initially cheap driving lesssons to get me started! The best offer I have heard of is this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here’s the latest offer from BSM, but get in quick it ends on the 23rd July!

The offer is 5 lessons for £75 (Which is only £15 each!!!)

To claim this offer then simply call 0845 855 0175 and quote FIVE475
Which is pretty cheap considering its from BSM, are there any others on the market or is this pretty cheap?

James
My lessons were £18 per hour if you bought 10 at a time, that was about the cheapest i found. I doubt you'll get much cheaper than £15 though ...
#3 - AndyC
£15 is really cheap. I learnt with BSM and my instructor was pretty good well I passed 1st time so he couldn't of been that bad.

I say go for it!
Well BSM was the first company my mum went to, and unfortunately both instructors she had there were complete idiots and were ripping her off. At the moment she pays £23 for 2 hour lessons (could be less not sure), and the instructor she has now with Hooters is brilliant, £15 may be cheap but so is the service in some areas.
Quote from xpjames :Hi,

I'm just starting to drive and looking for initially cheap driving lesssons to get me started! The best offer I have heard of is this:

Which is pretty cheap considering its from BSM, are there any others on the market or is this pretty cheap?

James

You posted this the other day but in a manner of advertising it rather than acting the `innocent` person. It was obvioulsy deleted and doing it again is a bit silly, your obvioulsy on a commision from that number your telling people to quote.

Wouldn't be surprised if you get banned as I'm sure it's probably against forum rules, especially posting it in this fashion.
Quote :Learning to drive - cheap lessons, any suggestions?

If it involves a car, then it wont be cheap - check the Oxford English Dictionary

Car, noun
A financial sink hole. Some models prettier and more desireable than others. See Woman for similarities.

When I was learning BSM had a reputation for getting you past your test rather than teaching you to drive, but then, that was a LONG time ago.
Quote from keiran :You posted this the other day but in a manner of advertising it rather than acting the `innocent` person. It was obvioulsy deleted and doing it again is a bit silly, your obvioulsy on a commision from that number your telling people to quote.

Wouldn't be surprised if you get banned as I'm sure it's probably against forum rules, especially posting it in this fashion.

I am on a promotion team, however I am looking for lessons for myself and want to see how good this offer truely is and whether it is worth persuing and if there is anything better out there!

I'm not trying to break the forum rules or get banned!
Quote from Becky Rose :If it involves a car, then it wont be cheap - check the Oxford English Dictionary

Car, noun
A financial sink hole. Some models prettier and more desireable than others. See Woman for similarities.

LMFAO. argh im going to be starting to learn in 2 month exactly. And im dreading it because i wil watch my bank balance go down like a ford GT`s fuel guage on a motorway.

Ive sort of got the lessons covered at a reasonable price, but does anyone know what companies do really cheap car insurance for 17 year old boys?

(and not all men think women are like cars.)

cars have much more use hehe. JOKE!!!!!!
#9 - Krane
Quote from xpjames :I am on a promotion team, however I am looking for lessons for myself and want to see how good this offer truely is and whether it is worth persuing and if there is anything better out there!

Then censor the (your) affiliate id
Quote :does anyone know what companies do really cheap car insurance for 17 year old boys?

Cheapest I found is the one I have now- Kwik Fit want just over £2000 on a 2002 Fiesta Freestyle (1.25 16v Zetec). That's with Pass Plus. I'm thinking of doing the IAM training/test soon, should bring it down a fair bit.

Quote :I am looking for lessons for myself and want to see how good this offer truely is and whether it is worth persuing and if there is anything better out there!

BSM are reported to be terrible now. If you're around Essex/Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire, check out Benson's. £19 an hour and I passed 2nd time with them.
The only real way to save money is have fewer lessons. Do as much driving as possible with parents etc, that way you quickly build up experience.

When I learnt to drive I went out for an hour or so every evening with my dad, sometimes just doing normal driving, sometimes concentrating on manouvers.

I had 8 lessons I think, and passed within 10 weeks of first driving the car.
Wow, I thought my passing in six months after my 17th birthday was quick! Good job
Quote from xpjames :Hi,

James

ill teach you to drive needless to say , ill scare the life out of you but teach you to drive at the same time
Quote from Becky Rose :If it involves a car, then it wont be cheap - check the Oxford English Dictionary

Car, noun

HAH

Quote :When I was learning BSM had a reputation for getting you past your test rather than teaching you to drive, but then, that was a LONG time ago.

I think this stems back before BSM (Bollox School of Motoring it was always referred to then).. was something my Mum was told when she was taught waaaaaaay back in the day and something that was relayed on to me... "now you've learnt to pass your test, you can learn to drive".. was pretty accurate too although my instructor (small firm) was cool and taught well for £12 a lesson

Regards,

Ian
I learnt to drive with a local guy who charged £20 an hour. He was great and got me through first time compared with several friends who've been with BSM he seems to be able to teach far better and be far less costly in the end.
Quote from xpjames :I am on a promotion team, however I am looking for lessons for myself and want to see how good this offer truely is and whether it is worth persuing and if there is anything better out there!

I'm not convinced since you posted this deal the other day and weren't asking for opinions, you should remove the quote number and then there is no problem with the legitamisy of your post... but of course you don't want to as that means less £s

I passed my test within 10 lessons and my parents never took me out as we didn't have a car I could afford the insurance on. Does that make me any lesser of a driver than the people I was at school with at the time who did 30+lessons? Well most of them wrote their cars off and mines still wheels down, no dents

The only thing I didn't like about my instructor was how he pushed me to get more lessons when I found myself after about 5 lessons just repeating everything with very few faults... The general opinion amongst my friends who were using various different instructors felt the same. To avoid being ripped off I think you need to relay on your own senses on whether your ready to sit your test.
My instructor charges £38 for two hours, but is (apperantly) ranked in the top 2% of driving instrucotrs in the UK or somthing.

Is a great chap and really is a good teacher, so i don't mind paying that little bit extra.

As for insurance, so far i've found Direct Line and Quinn Direct the cheapest.
#18 - Rish
My aunt and uncle taught me how to drive, obviously there both driving instructors and they didn't charge me a penny! So if you want cheap lessons persuade one of your family to become a driving instructor and give you free lessons!
Quote from mattupson :As for insurance, so far i've found Direct Line and Quinn Direct the cheapest.

MoreThan have proved good to me for insurance, especially if you have family already insured by them.

DirectLine gave me a quote for £620 for a 3.0L Merc, fully comp.. MoreThan took £505 off me for the year, fully comp, legal cover, hire car, yada yada

Regards,

Ian
Cheaper than over here in Ireland,35 euro for an hour

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG