The online racing simulator
Case advice
(14 posts, started )
#1 - mr_x
Case advice
I currently have a Thermaltake (i think) case and I'm looking into getting a new case for my PC within the next few weeks for 2 reasons:
1. Cooling in the current case is non-existant
2. Not enough HDD bays

I'm looking to spend up to £50, it must be a full ATX case with at least 2 CD bays and 5 HDD bays, I'd also like (if possible for the price) to have a processor temp monitor and 2x USB2 ports on the front of it.

I've seen some Jeantech cases in PC World which look alright, but I'd like to know some recommendations from you guys before I buy.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ... 01&catid=7&subcat=

1x side 90x90x25 mm, 1800 ot/m, 21dBA mm
1x front 120x120x25 mm, 1400 ot/min, 21 dBA / 1x rear 120x120x25 mm, 1400 ot/min, 21 dBA

It has 5x HDD bays,4x CD bays,2x USB ports,1x Fireware port,1x line-out,1 mic.
Why you need temp CD.It never read the temps correctly.
I mean ists never close to the real value.
#3 - mr_x
Quote from DEVIL 007 :
Why you need temp CD.It never read the temps correctly.
I mean ists never close to the real value.

Because right now my computer runs at around 60C when it's idle. The temp reader I have now reads within 1-2C of what my BIOS tells me, so it's accurate enough for me.

Thanks for the link though, I saw this case but I'm slightly put off with it being a Thermaltake because of the overheating/airflow problems i have in my existing Thermaltake case.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ... mp;catid=7&subcat=160

a friend of mine got this at the weekend, if you want extreme cooling without water look no futher than this baby,

It has one Huuuuge fan on the top, one infront of the HD bays one above that and one at the rear, It really is a fine case and i will be getting one very very soon!

All the fans have a speed switch (but there inside the case),
#5 - mr_x
Quote from FOGlegsy :http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ... mp;catid=7&subcat=160

a friend of mine got this at the weekend, if you want extreme cooling without water look no futher than this baby,

It has one Huuuuge fan on the top, one infront of the HD bays one above that and one at the rear, It really is a fine case and i will be getting one very very soon!

All the fans have a speed switch (but there inside the case),

A little over my budget, but looks worth it. Looks the part too. I may well have to invest a little more!

Keep recommendations coming, go on, make my decision as tricky as possible
Quote from mr_x :Because right now my computer runs at around 60C when it's idle. The temp reader I have now reads within 1-2C of what my BIOS tells me, so it's accurate enough for me.

Thanks for the link though, I saw this case but I'm slightly put off with it being a Thermaltake because of the overheating/airflow problems i have in my existing Thermaltake case.

I would remove the CPU cooler,clean it,apply new thermal paste and it should be much better.

Also whats you current Thermaltake case.The one I posted above has planty coolers included so the airflow should be definately fine but ofcourse the decision its up to you.
Here is a better deal,

Antec SLK3000B (boring, but neat, front and rear 120mm fan

but!! this leaves you with cash for a Scythe Ninja heatsink. That will cut noise and temperatures in half.

That is what I'd do!

Edit: assuming your system is AMD64 or P4 / Core duo type, the heatsink won't fit on old socket A Athlon xp systems..
#8 - mr_x
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I would remove the CPU cooler,clean it,apply new thermal paste and it should be much better.

Also whats you current Thermaltake case.The one I posted above has planty coolers included so the airflow should be definately fine but ofcourse the decision its up to you.

It's one of the older ones. X something I think. I've done all the Heatsink/fan/thermal paste stuff, first thing I did. Probably processor on it's way out, but it's been doing it for 2 years.

Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Here is a better deal,

Antec SLK3000B (boring, but neat, front and rear 120mm fan

but!! this leaves you with cash for a Scythe Ninja heatsink. That will cut noise and temperatures in half.

That is what I'd do!

Edit: assuming your system is AMD64 or P4 / Core duo type, the heatsink won't fit on old socket A Athlon xp systems..

my system is a Socket A Athlon XP3200+

A new case = first step to a new system. Which will be complete when I can afford it (probably about 1 year from now)
doh!
Quote from Batterypark :...which is around £110 at www.overclockers.co.uk. Are you just trying to brag?

Hell no, its a damm good case for a number of reasons. I hadn't heard of that company until my boss and i were researching cases. We both found this to be the best case for our needs/future needs
Go for rack hardware. Everything else feels flimsy.

Case advice
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG