The online racing simulator
Hotlaps reset with patch X?
(17 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Chaos
I tried searching but did not find the answer... Will the hotlaps be reset with the new patch? Will the handicaps be in singleplayer too?

We have a GTR league starting on Monday and we need to know if the hotlaps will be reset or not because if not, then we have to think of some other way to divide people into divisions and there is not much time left...

Thanks!
No, hotlaps will not be reset and the compulsory handicap system only works in multiplayer. Patch X will be like Patch W34 with a few more fixes.

If you want to use offline hotlaps for qualifying, you'd better insist that your applicants use voluntary handicaps and make special new hotlaps.
#3 - Chaos
Thank you for a quick answer Scawen!
some replays are going to not be watchable (when you have reseted the car during the hotlap in previous versions), that is not very funny to not be able to watch your previous replays
What about uploaded hotlaps (WRs esp.) if handicap system doesn't works offline? Some servers requires the drivers to be within for example 107% of WR and esp. in TBO or GTR class non-handicapped WRs are not a good orientation.
#6 - Worm
Hello racers,

If i understand correctly, it will be impossible to beat WR online coz of handicaps? That s crazy.

And, imagine people who train offline for a race. When the race start their setup are not set for this handicap system...

I m really shock about that.
#7 - Mauni
Nothing to be worried about. What does it matter if one makes a WR online as it won't count anyway. And when training offline, one can add ballast to match master server's ballast.
Quote from Worm :And, imagine people who train offline for a race. When the race start their setup are not set for this handicap system...

You must think we are really stupid, not to have thought of this?

There is a voluntary handicap system inside LFS, so you can train with whatever handicap you like.
Quote from Worm :Hello racers,

If i understand correctly, it will be impossible to beat WR online coz of handicaps? That s crazy.

And, imagine people who train offline for a race. When the race start their setup are not set for this handicap system...

How about you add the weight in your setup, when you train offline? No problem to do that, you just have to do it YOURSELF!

Sometimes I wonder if people read everything right, switch on their brain.....
#10 - Worm
ok I m sorry but it s not very understandable for people who are not english.

So i didnt understand.

So handicaps are fixe by each host and not by the master server?

OK, but i never read this sentences somewhere...

So sry.

EDIT : And plz i just want to know if it will be possible to do a race online with for example only FZR, and no handicap?
Why the handicap (by default) is different between offline and online racing ?

The WR is used online by racers for evaluate this own time.
If the WR is make in other conditions that the guy can make in online, it's not cool !
Weren't the WR's being reset with Patch Y? Thought Scawen didn't wanted to reset everything now and then with Patch Y again...I'm not sure about this but something in my memory says that
I don't understand why there should be diffence in handicaps between online and offline play. Seems pointless.
Because at the moment it is a dynamic balancing handled on the master server. In patch Y there are to be changes to make the balancing permanent, but retaining the ability for Scawen to adjust the handicaps if balancing remains unsuccessful.

The trouble is that most people are asking for more performance to give their particular car a boost at specific tracks/races, rather than trying to balance a car overall. E.g. If you get them beautifully balanced at SO Town over 10 laps you might find that the 4WD is so much easier on it's tyres or uses so little fuel to make it ridiculously fast at any track in races over 30 laps.
There isn't handicaps in offline for two reasons: It's not possible and some WRs would be unbreakable.
There are handicaps online so that the car classes would be balanced. The online handicaps are always on (set by the master server).

Handicaps are part of the setup and the handicap can be viewed with F11.
OK, thanks for the answer tristancliffe.

@ geeman1 : so, while waiting the patch Y, all balancng are define by master server (for more tests). It's for that we haven't handicaps offline and in hotlap mode.
After patch Y will be released, the handicap are fixed (online, offline and hotlap mode) to the car, and don't change after that (but always possibilities to add handicap what I want).
It's right ?
This system is very simply to make the online racing better in a temporary way, while we wait for a physically incompatible patch which will give you better balanced cars and no need for extra handicaps.

All the questions you have and all the points you are making, have already been discussed on another thread. So I'll paste the link here so you can read what it's all about, many discussions and explanations :

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=22869

And I'll close this thead now.
This thread is closed

(17 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG