The online racing simulator
REAL Cars in LFS
(50 posts, started )
Quote from XCNuse :Like.. Subaru..
Heck look at the new Yukon Hybrid they are releasing fall this year, its hideous!
http://pictures.topspeed.com/I ... 80x441/X08GM_YU004_cw.jpg

Things need to turn around quick, because hell has broken loose and these new cars are absolutely butt ugly. I have to say that I'd even take one of those Honda Insight hybrids over the new subarus!

There are worse.

All current Renault Megane is the worst car in the looks front at the moment:vomit:
Quote from Ian.H :
The majority of people sit in an office chair with a £50 plastic steering wheel looking at a flat monitor... THIS IS NOT REAL! so what difference does it make if there happens to be a real car shape or not?

+1

ian.H you are the voice of reason.
Quote from duke_toaster :There are worse.

All current Renault Megane is the worst car in the looks front at the moment:vomit:

To be perfectly honest, I like the back end of the race car. I love the back of it, really. Despite its ugliness, I think it's neat. Possibly in a 'so ugly it's cute' kinda way.

The street cars, though, they are ugly. Very ugly.
Quote from tristancliffe :But yeah, becoming a designer is hard. Not many people have the vision AND the talent, and not many people have either. A lot of people start projects but never finish them (not, originally, a dig at Nuse again; sorry mate) or develop them to a level that a car manufacturer would be interested in.

Well its typical not to finish things, and like you said, its hard when you have the manufacturer counting on less than a handful of people to envision the future of the car/automotive world. One day we won't have cars though, soon enough though we all have to turn to another fuel, natural gas and oil is not the way of the future, hence why there is no way I'm going to buy a battery powered car. When we don't drive gas/petrol cars anymore, I'm buying a biodeisel. Where is the fun in having a car that makes no noise other than tires sticking to the ground?

One day we aren't even going to have car designers or any of that, instead it'll be LEGOs taking over the world and you can make whatever you want and you don't even have to do anything, they just plug a wire into your head and it happens for a price.

Okay maybe that was a little to far into the future.

@dukey, I'm not a fan of the stock Renault Meganes, but the Sport race Megane is just plane awesome looking.

What is this thread about.. real cars in LFS again? I say no.
Quote from XCNuse :
What is this thread about.. real cars in LFS again? I say no.

Maybe if he did a poll, and asked "Which would you prefer: Real car A, or Real car B?". (Just to see what people's thoughts are on the subject, because real cars are alive! And will stay in our dreams for years to come.)

It would be nice to have a real track to test the few real cars we have on. LFS has the best physics and if we had a real track we could test that and compare it to real life
Quote from sinbad :Maybe if he did a poll, and asked "Which would you prefer: Real car A, or Real car B?". (Just to see what people's thoughts are on the subject, because real cars are alive! And will stay in our dreams for years to come.)

You know, recently after that rave thread about polls, it has occurred to me how hypocritical the entire community is lol. As many people say they hate polls and find them useless, there are still tons of people that will answer the polls rather than respond.

Hence why I use polls because you get answers faster.
And because polls are.. well polls. Whats the use of having a forum if you can't vote on stuff.
Quote from XCNuse :You know, recently after that rave thread about polls, it has occurred to me how hypocritical the entire community is lol. As many people say they hate polls and find them useless, there are still tons of people that will answer the polls rather than respond.

Hence why I use polls because you get answers faster.
And because polls are.. well polls. Whats the use of having a forum if you can't vote on stuff.

"Which would you prefer?" Is hardly a great question to ask if you're trying to gauge a community's overall opinion on something. "Which would you prefer: Rabies or acute Hypothermia?" You need to put a "Something else please" option
(Unless your new-found mod status has granted you some inside information and that poll wasn't pie-in-the-sky pointless dreaming, but had an actual purpose and the devs are going to definitely make one of those cars?).

Friendly argument of course, that's what a forum is for.
Damn...

Well, let me make it simple:

I WANT SOME REAL/FAKE/WHATEVER SUPERCARS!!!! [yes, i just realized it hehe]

BTW, the Mclaren F1 is my dream car...

Im finishing my Advertising major, next year im going to do a Product Design Major, so i might come up with a thing or two.. that doesn't looks like an egg..
Quote from cbalbinot :Damn...

Well, let me make it simple:

I WANT SOME REAL/FAKE/WHATEVER SUPERCARS!!!! [yes, i just realized it hehe]

So you just want cars, period?
Quote from sinkoman :So you just want cars, period?

Nein, I want supercars!! if they are real or not? well, we have to start with something...

And i bet this was brought up many many times.. but.. it is very weird no having v8's v10's and v12's in the game..
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :It would be nice to have a real track to test the few real cars we have on. LFS has the best physics and if we had a real track we could test that and compare it to real life

I don't see how.

I watched a repeat of Top gear the other night that I missed the original of.. where Clarkeson was driving an NSX at Laguna Seca on some Gran Turismo version and then tried for real. We all know GT is far from a sim by any stretch of the imagination, but as he said, if nothing else, there's no fear factor when sitting in your chair at home.. ignoring for now lack of G-forces and other crucial information for real racing.

Going on this, there's absolutely no comparison between driving a car in a sim and driving a car for real, unless you're in a £multi-million real simulation unit.

In most sims that do have "real content", I can put in lap times relative to real professional drivers.. I can also drive a car hard if I want on a real road / track.. could I enter the BTCC for example and perform well? Not a chance in hell! yet sitting in front of my screen, I'd be in the top 5 in every race and would probably kick professional driver's arses as they're used to having the crucial info available to them and more than likely would make a lot of mistakes in a sim that we (sim racers) have learnt to pick up on / adjust to due to the lack of those crucial datas

Regards,

Ian
Quote from cbalbinot :Nein, I want supercars!! if they are real or not? well, we have to start with something...

And i bet this was brought up many many times.. but.. it is very weird no having v8's v10's and v12's in the game..

we have the LRF class, it is not a supercars class but is almost there

if i am not wrong the FZ 250 is based on a porsche

and only a few people race those cars, because they requires a better driving experience
It could be so cool to have a new category with cars wich looks like an Impreza and Lancer, sedan cars with 4wdr or props...I think LFS misses thoses type of cars (more weight on rear, more heavier, and it's cool to see a visual diversity in game )
Hey, my car is in the game anyway!

The XRT (GT?) is basically a carbon copy of a Mitsubishi Starion. I just made a skin for it which added the stripes and badges.
All cars in game are inspired from real cars design
I know somthing nice they could do a track like indianapolis speedway verry similair but stil unique and some realistic like panoz indycars (stil more a fan of european GT racing)
But stil ian is wright the gap between game and real life is just stil to big and i think it wil take some time to make that verry smal caus i can drive like hell in LFS but i cant drive f1 car around corner at 200 mph ore 320 kph that simply unheard ofthe thought of it makes me fil up with adrenaline and sweat and in games theres not a posiblity of chrashing and dying
Quote from cbalbinot :So, here is my 5 cents.

1) How hard is to get real cars in the LFS game?

Very hard. Here's the lowdown.

Q.How much will the licencing costs be?
A.A lot of money.
Q.I want real stuff in LFS
A.We have the MRT5, RaceAbout, even the f***ing BMW F1 Sauber! Putting more real cars will turn Live For Speed into need for speed.
Q.Do others want real stuff?
A.Of course! But most of us know that the licencing costs, and that Scavier is only three people.
Quote from Dalek0220 : A.We have the MRT5, RaceAbout, even the f***ing BMW F1 Sauber! Putting more real cars will turn Live For Speed into need for speed.

As much as I grow tired of these redundant threads I disagree with that statement...Real cars wouldn't turn LFS into NFS...so any game with real cars is automatically classified under the same category as NFS, GT4 and all the other arcade games? In my opinion I think it would nothing but help LFS if it had real cars, it doesnt turn it into an arcade game or change anything...its just something that people can actually relate to, "OMG I DRIVE A CIVIC EVERY DAY AND NOW I CAN RACE IT ONLINE!".

I could care less either way, I just love LFS. Real cars or not, its just fun to race and drive. All the cars, like said above, share something in common with a real life counterpart. Anyways, this is always an awesome thing to try before posting: http://www.lfsforum.net/search.php
Right, here goes again.

I've never driven a Ferrari Enzo, nor am I ever likely to. Same goes for an Ariel Atom, a Lambo Diablo, etc. Have you? How would we know if these cars are being accurately recreated in LFS?
I've never driven an XFG, an FZ50 or an XRR, nor will I ever. Are these cars accurately recreated? How would we know?

Seems to me the same rule applies to both, so adding real cars would purely be for the sake of having a "name" to point at. And once you're in a cockpit racing 30 other people, it makes very little difference what the outside of your car looks like, or what badge it has on the front.

</2cents>
#48 - Jakg
Quote from Dalek0220 :Putting more real cars will turn Live For Speed into need for speed.

No it won't, that is possibly THE most retarded argument against real cars i've ever seen.

We all want real cars in LFS, but we know that the cost and the manufacturers requirements (ie "make it really fast!) mean that i'd much rather an LX8 than a Donkervoort, because Eric can probably make a very nice LX8 without some tosser saying "The wing mirror is 1° too raked, and 2 mm to the wrong side. Disgraceful!"
Quote from Dalek0220 :
A.We have the MRT5, RaceAbout, even the f***ing BMW F1 Sauber! Putting more real cars will turn Live For Speed into need for speed.

I don't see a correlation between any of those cars and some stupid kids putting stickers on their cars.
Le mans cars
I'd be very happy to see a car (similar to an Audi R10) and a suitable longish type track to do some endurance type racing. Better yet a Real Audi R10

REAL Cars in LFS
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG