The online racing simulator
Server Crasher
(40 posts, closed, started )
Server Crasher
Theres this guy crashing servers, username evilpimp. He just crashed [LTC] Live to Cruise, WWD Drift, Carribbean Cruise by CLC 1. Hes on a streak He also crashed the TS server. Anyone know whats happening? He also made me reconnect without me leaving the server? How is that possible? He crashed 3 servers 1 after another. Weird how same thing happens in 3 different servers. He is Undercuver h4x

EDIT: Added picture.
Attached images
disconnectyq0.jpg
Just 3 words, summarized into 1: LOL!!
Quote from chanoman315 :Just 3 words, summarized into 1: LOL!!

I'm not kidding! He really crashed it, we banned him from TS and he still got in.
is he a hacker?
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :is he a hacker?

noo, i think hes a normal guy that can crash 3 servers and join into one when hes banned
Listen He went server to server. First WWD, then LTC, after that CLC. He crashed all 3 of them. The all ended with the same message. "Host:Emergency Restart"
I don't know if this is the cause but in the picture from the first post just before the Emergency Restart it is saying MP Replay: Out of Stash Space. Could one person having a memory problem cause the whole server to crash?
Quote from georgec5614 :I don't know if this is the cause but in the picture from the first post just before the Emergency Restart it is saying MP Replay: Out of Stash Space. Could one person having a memory problem cause the whole server to crash?

Weird thing is he made us reconnect while were IN the server. Without us leaving.
Kind of odd. I was just in a server where said person was in, but all he/she did was go backwards (almost hit me at one time), and left the server a few minutes or so into race (so, I guess I dodged his/her bullet, but there was a considerate amount of lag while that person was there though, ). It is a shame that people have to try to be "1337" and mess up a good thing that is provided to us. If I was you, I would PM the devs and the owner of the servers, so this gets stopped.
Never seen this before, looks to me like he found a bug and admins all servers.

/msg BLAHHHHHHH

is what he has done.

He should be banned.
Do you even have a bloody clue what you're even saying?
1) I'm sure the LFS dedi software isn't gonna close the server because of "/msg BLAHHHHHHH" because all that would do, if the guy was admin would be to output "BLAHHHHHHHH" as a message, and that wouldn't work unless he was an admin.
2) Why would he be "banned" because some forum kiddy says so? I'm sure that Scawen and Victor would atleast look into it before making such a irrational decision, and if it is a legit bug in Scawens code, then thats why we have these things called "Patches", they are designed to fix these things.

*Sigh X2*
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Do you even have a bloody clue what you're even saying?
1) I'm sure the LFS dedi software isn't gonna close the server because of "/msg BLAHHHHHHH" because all that would do, if the guy was admin would be to output "BLAHHHHHHHH" as a message, and that wouldn't work unless he was an admin.

Um... preeettttyyy sure he was joking...
#13 - Jakg
he could be a server admin...?
Quote from Jakg :he could be a server admin...?

I was the server admin of LTC, and it was def not me, as I was in bed!
hmm, one of our servers is stuck on "A player is disconnecting", and it is only one person there (username: TIM05) , so no admins can go in to do a /reinit

Not sure whats happenening, hopefully once I can get intouch with our host he can do a remote restart of the server.

If anyone has any clue what causes this to happen, or want to see for yourself, the server name is:

[TC] CityDriving JamaicaW

Im puzzled how it could happen

Thanks
lol...im glad, at least there will be 200 more people on the race servers now
Yeah my friend "Pugsly" lost his RB4, many others lost LX4's etc
the dev's need to look into this, people like this make the lfs experiance bad for new and old players
im just curious. is it just me or did this only actually crash servers which ran a mod on it? i assume the TLC servers run some sort of mod.. just like the CLC one does?.

As far as i am aware, due to the nature in which the LFS Netcode does work it is possible for one person to cause a mass disconnect or to make a server crash.
#20 - Jakg
LTC does run an insim app, yes
Could it be the "insim app" that is crashing or something?
Quote from franky500 :im just curious. is it just me or did this only actually crash servers which ran a mod on it? i assume the TLC servers run some sort of mod.. just like the CLC one does?.

As far as i am aware, due to the nature in which the LFS Netcode does work it is possible for one person to cause a mass disconnect or to make a server crash.

Yeah WWD, LTC, and CLC all run mods. I was in there when he crashed CLC and LTC.
#23 - SamH
And as far as we know, he's only supposedly crashed these servers running these mods, yeah?
Quote from SamH :And as far as we know, he's only supposedly crashed these servers running these mods, yeah?

/me thinks you have hit the nail on the head
He's a revolutionary trying to get rid of the corrupted CLC and TC servers
This thread is closed

Server Crasher
(40 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG