The online racing simulator
#26 - aoun
ohhh... i see someone beat me 2 it already... i see how it is...
#27 - Jakg
I don't mind the old CnR stuff, but it becomes pointless when you can't break "the law" and rather than getting a chase you get forced to pull over :S
Quote from Humbleridderen :I can see some of you take the word, "steal" to seriously. I´m sure it was meant a little homouristic. It´s more a way to start a little debate between LFS and and this City driving game the LFS simulation game is being used to also.

At least someone understood and please don't be so quick to jump/focus on a single word.

I know people can go where they wish, but for me, it's just a shame to have over 60 people out of the loop, so to speak.
#29 - Kaw
I have never really got the point of city driving ? Is it just cruising around ?

Sounds rather boring when you got so many other fun things to do in the wonderfull sim game!
In my eyes, its my money i spent, i will do what i want with it.

Its the community within LFS that i got S2 for, i cant be had with racing whenever im on LFS, gets repetitive...and when i race as a hobby in "real" life, i like to get my mind out of it.

City Servers are far more relaxed, usually dont have people ranting and so on because u took a more agressive line.

I enjoyed it so much and became part of the team that runs 3 servers. Most servers are always full and people never complain, most just pop in after a race or series.

I see it as a way to get out of the hastle or racing life and relax.
I go on it quite often and its really good for tight close racing i never drive on the right side of the road i always use the racing line and never stick to the speed limit but it can be really good fun but i like everything really 1.racing 2.city driving 3.drifting i like a bit of all of them
I am aware some people dont like it, and i do not have a problem with that. But in a way it prooves the versatility of the game. That people acctually want and enjoy just driving it, with, no real goal. And, its alot safer than going out on the street and driving at 120mph past your police station.
#33 - SamH
To each, his/her own.

tbh I expect that if people were not driving the city driving servers they probably wouldn't be driving at all. If they feel like chilling, and find city driving relaxing, at least it's an option.

I don't think they're being stolen from racing servers at all. The problem is that you can *see* them.. they're just out of reach, inside LFS but actually playing some transposed form of The Sims or SA:MP.
@Samh, exacty.
#35 - aoun
Meh, if i wanna cruse, ill pick the real life streets.. somewhere to go, mates to cruse with.. online your traped around red and white barriers with no traffic lights, no multilane, no traffic etc..

though i dont have an f1 (etc) so thats why i play LFS.. its the closest thing im gonna get to a race car hehe
Quote from Xtremesr-Black :Gay servers? Why.... it's gay?

[TC]>Black<

Ok lets put it in this way.. if I spend an hour/day sitting in traffic in real life, I will certainly not do the same when I'm finally got at home. For me LFS is the only online RACING simulator.. ok I feel like hotlapping occasionally, but it's all about going as fast as you can on track.. and beating others or yourself. If some people wants to cruise around that's fine with me.. I just can't understand what's the fun part of it.
Quote from NjHarwood :I see it as a way to get out of the hastle or racing life and relax.

Hmm, was actually also my impression, but you say it, in a right way. I also think, that it´s about finding friends too, as someone else also mentioned...

But, it´s also possible to find relaxation in teams and competitions. It´s more to do with getting to know the other team players. For exampel, when I´m training or racing or preparing for races, I speak a lot with some of the team members about all sorts of things using Teamspeak or like wise. And it´s many times both very relaxing, cozy and exciting in the same time.
Ok, i think it easy to say...people have there own opinions...so lets not critise them and get on with using the game how we want to.

If your so fed up with no one racing and everyone on C&R and so on...go race and dont start threads saying C&R servers are the cause and you have the solution and so on etc.

Instead of trying to argue which is right, lets just get on with it...
@Humbleridderen:

like i say above...we all have our own opinions. Thanks for the understanding
I go on citydrving servers becuase I'm tired or racing and I just want to cruise. racing can get repetitive on some tracks.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I go on citydrving servers becuase I'm tired or racing and I just want to cruise. racing can get repetitive on some tracks.

But how does this game even apealed to you? Racing can get repetative?? lol, what a statement..
Something is wrong with people these days, always the same "i only know to drive this combo, let's never change it" servers, and these City kids driving with TeHH poliZEeei servers..
Did you maybe tried XFR's at As Nat for a change, or XFG somewhere else than blackwood.. LX4 at South City...??
Quote from Boris Lozac : But how does this game even apealed to you? Racing can get repetative?? lol, what a statement..
Something is wrong with people these days, always the same "i only know to drive this combo, let's never change it" servers, and these City kids driving with TeHH poliZEeei servers..
Did you maybe tried XFR's at As Nat for a change, or XFG somewhere else than blackwood.. LX4 at South City...??

you mean FOX @ Blackwood/AS Club or GTR's @ AS National people? these combo's should be banned
Quote from garph :65 people, 3 servers full of potential racers, people who I could be racing against on god knows how many combos all lost to city driving! They obviously must like it but what a waste for LFS to have so many leaving the excitement of a racing sim and deciding to use it to obey speed limits and road driving laws

Makes me want to cry!

NEWSFLASH!!! Some people have diffrent tastes on racing besides you!

Also..obeying speed limits?? Ha! Thats the fun part of TC CityDriving, not everyone follows the limits and go super fast and race reguardless of virtual law enforcement. And thats where the fun startsursuits. You can and WILL be chased by inserver cops if you break the laws. Thats ,technicly, racing.

If your gonna go agiesnt what im saying then whatever. Most people play on CLC's server's also so don't just rag on TC.
Tbh, you shouldnt partronise people for doing something they like, if City Driving is what they want, let em have it.
@RacerAsh

Amen.
Maybe there should be a filter for 'official LFS servers only' which would rule out silly modded servers.
Quote from STROBE : It often tends to attract newer/younger drivers too, who have limited car control and who you might not want racing in a pack with you anyway.

just as i said earlier maybe they are on those servers to improve their skills befor jumping onto a server full of pro racers
Here is an explination why people are probably not using race servers.

The reason being because people see a fullish sort of server so decide to go and play there and see what its all about. They then see people in faster cars for example FXR, and decide to drive for ages until they get enough money to get a FXR in there UF1. As many people have seen me on These city life servers, and many people have seen me on racing servers aswell. I totally agree with you and i think 70+ people aswell as people waiting to join the host needs to be looked at. All this hard work of the input into LFS can't be wasted...

Matt
I like the name of the thread, it fits in quite well, you guys just need to take things less serious and get some humor into your lives.

Anyways, I think Ian hit the nail on its head, I think its the lack of updates/nothing better to do.

Its like when CLC started up with the Jamaica server thing, its fun for some time, but its a trend which loses style in a matter of weeks. Its just something to do rather than put up with the stresses of racing.
I filter the RAC so that I don't see those servers anymore, I will stick to Test Drive Unlimited if I want to cruise around on roads. I don't agree that your losing potential racers, just go take a look at the people in those rooms...I think they would probably melt if they went over 50mph.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG