The online racing simulator
#1 - garph
City Driving stealing people I could be racing.
65 people, 3 servers full of potential racers, people who I could be racing against on god knows how many combos all lost to city driving! They obviously must like it but what a waste for LFS to have so many leaving the excitement of a racing sim and deciding to use it to obey speed limits and road driving laws

Makes me want to cry!
I agree, it's redicolous, just shows that there aren't so many RL racing fans in LFS comunity...
Quote from Boris Lozac :I agree, it's redicolous, just shows that there aren't so many RL racing fans in LFS comunity...

I also wonder..there are so many series, leagues, races ets. which need drivers..and then to see so many on this "Jamaica...I don´t know what..". Are there any meaning to it? Isn´t there a better game for this type of game?
I went on one to see what the commotion was about. I don't get it? If you want to do that, just keep your speed limiter on and drive a couple of laps around a track on the same side of the road?
I prefer the racing!
And, I thought that there would be more servers in S2. But the Demo has more. Has S2 always only had about 50 servers, or is it just kind of a down time?
-LoganC-
I don't see anything wrong with it, I mean city driving and racing are two totally different things. But that's ok, I mean if that's what people want then give it to them. Also, those people in city driving servers may not be interested in racing, so you can't say we've "lost" racers to the city driving servers, when they don't actually have any intent to race whatsoever. Would you rather they crash you out of a race, or let them crash each other in their city driving servers?

Logan, LFS is big in Europe not in North America, remember that! Look for many servers during THEIR prime time, not ours, meaning around our early afternoon hours.
Quote from LoganC : And, I thought that there would be more servers in S2. But the Demo has more.

Indeed, i was quite shocked too, when i recognized the low online-activity in S2. It´s no down time, the population has constantly risen.
Why is there so much activity in the Demo anyway? Imagine every non-wrecker Demoplayer buying S2.. wonderful

I just dont get, what these City Driving Servers are all about.. is slow driving really a thrill to these people? Very strange illepall

But we cant force them to racing So its up to you/us, to get more nice drivers to buy S2
"City Driving stealing people I could be racing."

A rather strainge statement in my oppinion.

You can´t really steal ppl. as they all have their own will.

Another point:

I´m not sure at all you actually would like to have these guys on a grip server.. Pls. don´t arrest me for this comment, City guys.. If these guys wouldn´t run a somehow interesting server(-s) they would prob. be alone most of the time.
#8 - Mako.
Hmm, yeah, I agree. Through, I'm trying to get friends, and people on some of the forums I visit into it.
Quote from Mr.Muh :Why is there so much activity in the Demo anyway? Imagine every non-wrecker Demoplayer buying S2.. wonderful

It has been mentioned before in this forum that there aren´t a lot of populated XRG/XFG only servers to be found in S1/S2 and licenced racers from time to time like to race in these cars. That´s just one of many reasons that the demo servers are popular to some people IMO.
I agree city driving is taking the fun part out of lfs out which is fun and racing. I mean come on, ppl race to take the city life driving away and flooring it for fun racing against virtual thrill seekers where as they are doing exactly the same thing in lfs following some gay rules like they are in a city. those tc things are taking the fun away from LFS
Citydriving "stealing" people?

People go to whichever server they like. Its free will. No one is forcing them to go to Caribbean Cruise, Live To Cruise, the many [TC] servers, its all free will. Cruising is more relaxing than racing, which at times, is good since you dont get angry players demanding "SHIFT+R" all the time.

I understand why you believe city driving is taking all the players away from racing servers, but then, you have to understand why we go on cruise servers in the first place.

Isnt it a good thing anyway? Since the only racers left in race servers are "true" race fans now?
Quote from anik360 :I agree city driving is taking the fun part out of lfs out which is fun and racing. I mean come on, ppl race to take the city life driving away and flooring it for fun racing against virtual thrill seekers where as they are doing exactly the same thing in lfs following some gay rules like they are in a city. those tc things are taking the fun away from LFS

I think it's lack of updated content that's driving people away from "fun racing". LFS cars feel nice to drive, so they don't want to abandon it entirely.. but are sick of the same tracks (I don't care how many combos there are, many won't like them all so will stick to a selection of tracks) that they'll try anything new to keep an interest.

Driving normally in LFS doesn't appeal to me.. enough restrictions on real streets to contend with, but can understand why people are trying something new.

Just my £0.02 worth

Regards,

Ian
fact is the city driving server rules arnt really followed many people go on there just to be chased by the "resident police", and as for stealing people thats an insane statement, to make when you concider the fact that there are so many people on lfs, not all of them want to race constantly or maybe they just arnt good enough to race yet, and use the city driving servers as a means to learn the tracks and perfect a racing line. ifit bothers you so much that there isnt anybody to race you goto the demo servers you'll find pleanty of people
I just can't understand what's the point of these city driving etc gay servers LFS is for racing ffs!
Use LFS in the way that YOU want..

A lot are playing City Driving..it`s nice they can use LFS in that way too..
Garph said:
"City Driving stealing people I could be racing"

I can see some of you take the word, "steal" to seriously. I´m sure it was meant a little homouristic. It´s more a way to start a little debate between LFS and and this City driving game the LFS simulation game is being used to also.

I just think, it´s for people being a bit bored. I don´t understand this. For me there´s always a challenge where I can improve or some series I can join or maybe win etc. Is it so hard? have you done really good in LFS races?

Maybe the city driving guys/kids are more to other kind of games? Just a question!
Quote from LoganC :I went on one to see what the commotion was about. I don't get it? If you want to do that, just keep your speed limiter on and drive a couple of laps around a track on the same side of the road?
I prefer the racing!
And, I thought that there would be more servers in S2. But the Demo has more. Has S2 always only had about 50 servers, or is it just kind of a down time?
-LoganC-

And he is saying this and he is currently online at [CLC]
Well i must say its up to players who want to CD servers you can't force them i mean i like going on there. But going on the UKCTA servers is hard and finding good races in other servers are hard so i go to TC servers.
#19 - aoun
Quote from LoganC :I went on one to see what the commotion was about. I don't get it? If you want to do that, just keep your speed limiter on and drive a couple of laps around a track on the same side of the road?
I prefer the racing!
-LoganC-

ROFL and look where your online at...

"City driving server"
Quote from LoganC :

Quote from Mr.Muh :Indeed, i was quite shocked too, when i recognized the low online-activity in S2. It´s no down time, the population has constantly risen.

The reason why there isn't that much S2 servers might be the test patch which makes the two versions W and W32 (currently) incompatible and players scatter all over because the different version. And of course the time you search for race is greatly important, the more seasoned racers usually race at late hours when the silly kids have gone to bed. But when we move on to patch X, hopefully on this Friday, I'm sure you can find much more servers than at the moment.
Quote from Richard Torp :Use LFS in the way that YOU want..

A lot are playing City Driving..it`s nice they can use LFS in that way too..

Agreed - LFS is always primarily about racing, but it's a tribute to the "feel" of the cars, the physics, the accessibility and the versatility of it all that drifting, cruising, c'n'r etc servers are so popular.

I've been on the City Driving servers occasionally and whilst they're not for everyone, it is mostly just some good innocent fun. It often tends to attract newer/younger drivers too, who have limited car control and who you might not want racing in a pack with you anyway. I actually see far less point in drifting than city driving, and have hardly ever visited a drifting server. But I won't complain about them, because as long as people are finding new ways to enjoy LFS, then that's the main thing.
As much as i can see what you mean, i think its abit harsh.

A) Its free will,
B) Its TWO Servers out of the average of 70 at peak times (if you take the factor of test patches out.
C) How can you "Steal" people, if its their own free will to connect.
Quote from Tukko :I just can't understand what's the point of these city driving etc gay servers LFS is for racing ffs!

Gay servers? Why.... it's gay?

[TC]>Black<
Quote from Tukko :I just can't understand what's the point of these city driving etc gay servers

Yep, they are gay and funny

It is fun, so let it be. I wish 3d engine allowed branching of roads to make a small city. It is a great challenge to keep rules when you can go crazy being safe

Ask flight simulators fans why do they play the simulation. Why do people fly Cessnas, B737 or A320 online or offline? One could say "Airliners in X-Plane steal people from playing Red Bull Air Race [in X-Plane as well]".

If someone likes LFS, but is tired of competitions (doesn't matter if he's bored with winning or gets only negative emotions from his own bad driving). That person may go to CityDriving and just drive the way he/she likes.

Unfortunately, currently there is a complete chaos there. Everyone speeding, not keeping their lane, drifting, etc.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :And he is saying this and he is currently online at [CLC]

Haha I knew That this would happen! I said as soon as I joined the server, I bet somebody will get me for this on the forum! lol

But I had to give it another chance. And you know, it's not so bad. There's no worrying about ruining someones else's race, and it defiantly helps you learn tracks and corner speeds. Not only that, but it was fun to see what your best time was around the track with so many "Obstructions." But, i eventually got bored and quit.
Maybe Patch X will bring more racers/ racers back to the S2 servers?
-LoganC-
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG