The online racing simulator
Interview with Victor
(46 posts, started )
Quote from Tweaker :Interesting read, and different mix of questions in this interview.

He mentioned the OLPC, but I have tried one first hand, and it definitely is something I WOULDN'T take to a deserted island hehe. They are really in early development, and have lots of software issues with the hardware. The music editor would keep Victor busy though I am sure... however all they have are simple instrument and animal sounds to make your music from... haha.

Tweak, there has been a VMware image of it, I tryed it but was annoyed because I couldn't do my usual unix things on it. It was OK though for someone who's never used a computer.
It's different though when you actually use the hardware for it. Testing it on emulation systems does it no justice, since it runs horrible on the actual system (that is the first big mistake they've made).... plus the very abstract and un-intuitive keyboard interface is something very unique but tough to understand all together with the symbols/functions. It should be getting better though, but some people say the project is looking flakey because of the cost of production vs. quality of the laptop actually being 'truly' for 3rd world countries.

It still is very much a concept.
I laughed for a while when he responded about a game he likes rather than LFS:

Quote :
At the moment I'm into another amazing game, it's a simulation game that lets me control a racing sim community.

A W E S O M E .
Ay- thanks for posting that Taavi! Was gonna check that clip out sometime. Reminds me- another great band, Cabaret Voltaire! Should dig them out again sometime as well... "Ride baby ride... Zen!"
about time we get a normal interview!

now i want to hear more about scawen and eric lol

but i'm so glad that y'all actually took the time and asked victor about his life rather than.. so.. when will S2 be done? any new tracks? etc.

@victor, after hearing that song from orbital, if thats your favorite song, i can deffinetly hear the roots of the songs you've done for LFS in that song, pretty interesting
(and i'm still surprised you could even come up with answers for some of those questions lol i'd be lost on a few of those)
"Can't find server"
(with the interview link)
Quote from jayhawk :Depressing, though nice to hear Alison Goldfrapps voice.

the video doesn't do the song justice at all. And the 15 minute album version is a tad more interesting than this radio edit too
Quote from Victor :the video doesn't do the song justice at all. And the 15 minute album version is a tad more interesting than this radio edit too

I knew that you won't like that version, but i can't post the full version.
Quote from mrodgers :"Can't find server"
(with the interview link)

but the site is still up and running:
Just use the normal website link ( www.triple7racing.net ) then
(it's the first news on the right ;-) )
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
lol the Orbital-Are we here? song seem's a good song to me to get stoned ,...really :P
c'mon Eric and Scawen, get off your pc's and let them interview u!
Quote from Scrabby :c'mon Eric and Scawen, get off your pc's and let them interview u!

How do you think they are going to get interviewed?
Interesting interview. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do it (Victor and T7R)
oooh Orbital eh victor? I went through a big Orbital phase during University, they kept me sane when I lived without a flatmate for 6 months

Now i'm into more experimental stuff like Aphex Twin, Autechre, et al. Love the track though, snivilization and middle of nowhere are my fav orbital albums
#45 - joen
Do you think the rFactor community are on their forum going "oh them bitches at LFS got an F1 car. We want one!"
Just a thought.

Nice interview. Interesting to learn about his favourite music. Would have been better if he liked Muse

Interview with Victor
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG