The online racing simulator
Additional Content Suggestions
(13 posts, started )
Hi all,

Hope you can help me with something. You probably know that I have recently built an LFS website www.gentlefoot.com/LFS.

On there at the moment are track guides, setups, skins and a forum for running the Gentlefoot Formula Challenge (GFC).

Now, I also plan to put some videos from the GFC on there. Highlights of great passing manouvres and battles between drivers. Obviously the track guides section will expand along with the sets and skins. There will be a whole judicial decisions section with video of incidents and the decision that was made in terms of blame and penalties. I will probably add driving and setups guides too at some point.

I also plan to add a section showing how to use telemtry in LFS and how to setup your wheel e.g. G25 settings.

I'm trying to setup events on a demo server for my friends in various forums - ClubGTi, Piston Heads etc. They will choose the time to race and I will password protect the server and post the password on their forum. Then they can come in and race each other, have some fun and hopefully buy LFS

Is there anything else you would like to see on my site? I'm just looking for suggestions at the moment. Doesn't matter how wierd an idea it might be - I'm just looking for inspiration at the moment.
How about a topless pit-girl section? OOPS....maybe not

One thing that I would like to see is a sort of ladder competition, not in the same way as the hotlap charts, but maybe a competition where people can race head to head, winner gets the points...same as a tennis ladder but with 2 car races instead. The advantage of this is that people who cannot be available for all races in a league season have little chance of active competition.
Quote from Bladerunner :How about a topless pit-girl section? OOPS....maybe not

One thing that I would like to see is a sort of ladder competition, not in the same way as the hotlap charts, but maybe a competition where people can race head to head, winner gets the points...same as a tennis ladder but with 2 car races instead. The advantage of this is that people who cannot be available for all races in a league season have little chance of active competition.

I know exactly what you mean. I've competed in ladders in squash. Yes - great idea. Consider it done/doing lol

I'll do it like this. Ask people to sign up. Initial ladder position will be allocated by order of entry. Every person is then able to challenge someone up to 5 places above them in the ladder. The higher ranked player is obliged to accept. The races will be sprints - maybe 3-5 laps only. If the challenging driver wins he moves up the ladder to the position the higher ranked driver was in. The loser will drop one place in the ladder.

Sound any good?
Quote from Gentlefoot :I know exactly what you mean. I've competed in ladders in squash. Yes - great idea. Consider it done/doing lol

I'll do it like this. Ask people to sign up. Initially ladder position will be allocated by order of entry. Every person is then able to challenge someone up to 5 places above them in the ladder. The higher ranked player is obliged to accept. The races will be sprints - maybe 3-5 laps only. If the challenging driver wins he moves up the ladder to the position the higher ranked driver was in. The loser will drop one place in the ladder.

Sound any good?

yep, thats sort of along the lines of what I was thinking of!
You could post what you do best.
How to pick the RACE_S setup or other setup and tweak it for for a specific track.
The most important things would be the dampers, springs, ARB's, etc.
Quote from fujiwara :You could post what you do best.
How to pick the RACE_S setup or other setup and tweak it for for a specific track.
The most important things would be the dampers, springs, ARB's, etc.

Yep - a setup guide is planned already.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Yep - a setup guide is planned already.

I'm planning to re-write my guide at some point over the summer. Perhaps it would be sensible to pool our efforts?
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm planning to re-write my guide at some point over the summer. Perhaps it would be sensible to pool our efforts?

I'll be tackling it from a slightly different angle to your guides I think mate.

My guide will focus on the process I go through to set up a car as apposed to what springs, dampers, diffs etc. do.

But maybe we could link to each others work by way of refereces. What do you think?
Yeah OK, that sounds good.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG